PDA

View Full Version : congrats donny lia

Richie25
05-24-2008, 03:21 PM
awsome job donny, you drove the wheels off that truck. enjoy the win youll have many more to come.

Dave A
05-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Yes that was an awsome race Congrats Donny Lia way to go!

speedracer
05-24-2008, 09:18 PM
WAY TO GO DONNY, IT IS NICE TO SEE A LONG ISLANDER DO GOOD IN nascar,IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING

rydogg97
05-24-2008, 10:50 PM
way to go donnie!!what a finish for your first win!!!

Mortgage Guy
05-25-2008, 12:44 AM
That was a victory that 20 years from now he can say he earned. Congrats Donny, great race.

Geno
05-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Congrats to Donny on that hard earned and first NCTS win!!

Turbo
05-25-2008, 01:28 AM
I heard that he won over the radios when i was on line for practice, I couldnt believe it, i had to see it!! Congratulations!!:applause:

Ace
05-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Congrats Donny on your win. To win in ONLY your 6th start is awesome. :cheers:

Mortgage Guy
05-26-2008, 09:28 AM
"Donny (Lia) pretty much drove him like he drives. He's always been a dirty driver. He did what he had to do to win. I don't agree with it. I wasn't going to do David (Starr) that way, but that's the way Donny drives. He got away with one here. He got his first win, it's great for him. He's a Modified guy and I'm glad to see it. But, if he pulls that crap with me, he's going to go for a ride because it isn't going to fly. That was bad racing"

That is from Todd Bodine. Has he ever watched one of his own races?? He's always been a dirty driver?? After 8 races how does he know?? I have lost all respect for this guy and hope Donny beats them at Dover and he drives THROUGH Bodine to do it. That is why they call it short track racing, he never took Starr out, just moved him over and Starr still got 2nd and said it was a great race, typical Bodines', always complaining. Onion:mad:

Golf Guy
05-26-2008, 10:33 AM
That is from Todd Bodine. Has he ever watched one of his own races?? He's always been a dirty driver?? After 8 races how does he know?? I have lost all respect for this guy and hope Donny beats them at Dover and he drives THROUGH Bodine to do it. That is why they call it short track racing, he never took Starr out, just moved him over and Starr still got 2nd and said it was a great race, typical Bodines', always complaining. Onion:mad:[/QUOTE]

So true, I thought Starr handled it very well. I think some Riverhead drivers can learn from him. Congrats to Donny Lia, go get number 2!!!

btgoss
05-26-2008, 10:36 AM
At least we are sticking with the voice of reason.

In race to be a bunch of "Homers" can we please stop and make a quick call to reality.

It was a rough race. There was more then one occasion where drivers should have been set down for rough riding, and it didn't happen. In that environment that NASCAR is promoting, you are going to have drivers pushing their way into a win.

I don't blame Lia for doing that, but we see where that attitude gets Truck series drivers....into the Truck series.

I don't blame him at all for pushing his way to a win. He is driving less then top shelf equipment and has to take whatever comes his way.

As for Bodine's remarks. I think he only ran a Modified for a very short time, and mostly in Connecticut, so he doesn't identify himself as a "modified" racer. His brothers would, but he barely ran a Modified. Aside from that, what did he say that was really that out of line. If Lia tries to push past him, he is going to push back? Well that is fair, and it actually supported in the Truck series.

The one thing he was wrong about was Lia being a dirty driver. I am not a fan of Lia, and I would never call him a dirty driver. I don't recall him ever being more aggressive on the track then those around him. I do recall him being much more whiny. His last win at Riverhead being the worst example of "sore winner" I have ever seen or heard.

As for short track racing and how it should be done. Watch the Outlaws. They race just as hard as the Truck guys and you don't see this type of thing. They race hard and there is none of this "rubbing is racing" baloney.

Mortgage Guy
05-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Btgoss, that was just one of the many negative remarks that Todd made about Donny after the race. My thing is WHO IS HE of all people to say anything. At the last race at Lowes he spun someone out in the tri oval, wrecked them, ruined there day and truck, but that's just hard racing. Donny moved Starr and Starr was ok with it, he still finished 2nd and had minimal damage. I just think Todd needs to look in the mirror before he makes comments about dirty driving.

Dwight Clock
05-26-2008, 08:35 PM
I was working at Indy all weekend and just found out now that Donny pulled off the win at Mansfield. Way to go, Donny!!!:cheers:

TMAC
05-27-2008, 12:43 PM
D Starr couldn't say anything,cause he rubbed someone earlier to get by and it came back to bite him.Congrats to Donny Lia on your first win.Thought what the onion said after was poor especially after it was his first win in the series.Todd is one of the biggest whinners there is and i hope Donny can run past him this week in dover.Now did anyone see him pass skinner in the end,boy!maybe a quarter inch of space between there bumpers,thought skinner was going to send him for a ride.....

tstiles
05-27-2008, 02:03 PM
that race payed 563,000$ to win. is that all donnys? congrats

Richie25
05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
that race payed 563,000$ to win. is that all donnys? congrats

no, i belive the 563,000 was the total field pay out. he neted in a good piece of it though.

Tower Man
05-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Most drivers in the top 3 series are under contract and get an annual salary and a piece of the winnings. Each driver has there own deal and are actual employees of the corporation or person who owns the team.

EnduroFromDE
05-30-2008, 08:09 AM
just wana say congrates to the DL and good luck at Dover Today...I'll be there cheerin u on...Go gettem' Donny:applause::wave::applause:

FERGBIZZ
05-30-2008, 10:19 AM
and he was 9th quickest in the final practice...things are looking good

Scotty Wolf
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Way to go Donnie, cool.