PDA

View Full Version : 5/24/08 Thoughts

modified_fan
05-25-2008, 08:30 AM
1. Congrats to Tommy R. This had to be a satisfying night. The car was hooked up and untouchable once in the lead. It was good seeing him in victory land!

2. Best wishes to JR and Showtime! Mr. B said JR probably broke a wrist, and Eddie P said Showtime had a badly sprained or broken thumb (which was turning black). Let's hope that neither injury is too serious, and both won't have to miss any action. I guess the adrenaline pumps hard when one drives, but seeing JR out there all race long like that deserves a mention of admiration. Similiarly, Jimmy B staying out through one of the sets of yellows, also merits praise.

3. Dennis F certainly found this one profitable race. Has anyone ever seen so many banged up cars? I could be wrong, but did not all cars, except for Rogers and Fortin, pit with some form of major damage?

4. The officials MUST have a talking to the drivers about smooth restarts. The lead drivers have to run a steady and not overly slow pace. Without this we are getting so hard bumping behind him prior to turn 4 that is rattling those behind. This is leading to a discumbobulated mess going down the front straight and chaos in turns 1 and 2.

5. Similiarly drivers from position 1 are supposed to be allowed to lead the restarts. Drivers outside jumping them should be dealt with before restarts get even more chaotic.

Mortgage Guy
05-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Most of this I agree with you Mod, the only two things I have to disagree with are this:

1) Fortin was involved in the 1st wreck and went into the pits. I think the only other car that didn't pit was #45 of Bobby Gardner.

2) IT IS NEVER EVER A PROFITIABLE RACE for Dennis from Oval, by the time he gets paid after all the money he has laid out, there is no profit there. LOL

All of your other points are very valid and I agree.

modified_fan
05-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Good thoughts Mortgage Guy.

I don't mean to disparage Oval Speed. Tease, yes......Disparage, no. They provide one heck of a service helping out so many.

Rereading my thoughts again. I do NOT mean my post as a negative towards the track officials.

I am very happy with all I've seen at the track this year. Its not easy running the races and managing all the personalities involved here. I'm just hoping they tweak the mod restarts a bit.

RovinPromotions
05-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Congrats to Tom Rogers,great run tonight:wave:

MOD11RACER
05-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Does anyone have the Modified purse rundown for the 2008 Riverhead Speedway season ?