PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

h.p.
05-25-2008, 01:44 PM
after watching last nites feature and discussing this with others(involved and not) shouldn't the calls be the same through out the feature? after the 23 turned the 10 he was put to the rear,few laps later 23 is turned by the 98 and no penalty(during or after the race) this post is not to blame partys involved,just to point out one of the most common complaints ive heard and been involved with ....consistent calls need to be made.just wondering how any one else feels about it. p.s. congrats to mike and the 61 bunch on your run

The Bullfather
05-25-2008, 02:06 PM
It depends on who saw what! Standing near the main officials, it's a different view point. 23 drove hard into turn 1, I believe the incident of 23/98 was coming out of turn 2. Each incident is going to be different, and someone who sitting or standing at a different angle is going to see something else! Tough to make calls or not make calls without someone being happy and someone being mad!

h.p.
05-25-2008, 02:17 PM
that makes it even worse cause their veiw off turn two was better than mine from the turn three spotter stand.maybe since we have two men in charge one should be between one/two the other three/four jmo

Tower Man
05-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Bullfather you hit the nail on the head, (no pun intended). I once had 2 different drivers stand there with me and asked both what they saw. One didn't see it, which I understood because it happened between turns 3 & 4. The other just didn't see it.

I believe there are 2 officials on or near turns 3 & 4. You can't see everything. And I've said this before....some folks are only watching their car. The officials are trying to watch all on them.

W. J.
05-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Uh, well, I know some hate it when I make a correction, but the 23/98 incident was in TURN 4, so now what? I also know that Mike Cappiello spends his time watching from the turn 1/2 area.
So, all the bases are covered, but as Towerman said, you can't see everything.

randomrodder
05-25-2008, 05:35 PM
I believe the incident of 23/98 was coming out of turn 2.

W. J.
05-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Nope, 23/10 turn 2, 98/23 turn 4. It's not something I believe, it's something I know because I saw it. For evidence, see Rich Frost's picture LM_15 on the front page. I rest my case! I just report what I see, because I'm usually paying attention!

I'll even take you there to see for yourself:

www.racerhub.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=67689

Enjoy! (Notice all the spotters standing in TURN 4 behind him!)

randomrodder
05-25-2008, 07:33 PM
I HAPPENED to be quoting Bullfather's post. You were referring to his post when you corrected him. I was correcting you because he didn't STATE it WAS turn 2 but said he BELIEVED it was.
You can't seem to help yourself when it comes to jumping on some people's posts can you?

Now, what was the original reason for this tread anyway? Wasn't it about unfair scoring? Or was it about who had what accident in what corner? A "I believe" is a lot different then a, "It was in".

Now why don't we all get off our high horses around here an act accordingly.

W. J.
05-25-2008, 07:46 PM
No one's on a high horse on this end. Who knew you were quoting any post? It sounded more like you were backing the original erroneous belief. I personally keep my 'beliefs' to myself, and only comment on facts as I know them. Would that others would do likewise.
The original intent of this post was addressed, and that is that Mike Cappiello was 'stationed' in turn 1-2, and we all know officials don't always see everything. I can't say where Jim Maggio was, I can't see that far down into the turn 4 area from where I sit in turn 1.

randomrodder
05-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Seeing as you were making a correction, I was correcting you, that is why I deleted my first post. I figured you were smart enough to figure out what I was saying. I can read between the lines also Walter.

Seems you decided to retire because you can't let by gones be by gones with anyone, can you. I once had a choice to retire myself also. Wasn't much of a choice. Stop being such a know it all and act more like a fellow fan then someone with an inferiority complex that's covering it up with a showing of superiority.

W. J.
05-25-2008, 08:23 PM
I didn't retire, I moved on to a place where my work was appreciated. Now I'm just a 'customer' here, just like everyone else.
I guess you don't think I have a right to my opinion, or to call someone on posting what they believe, as opposed to what is actually true. A large crowd at Riverhead saw that incident in turn 4; someone who may not have actually seen it says they 'believe' it happened in turn 2 causes a lot of confusion, and I was trying to set the record straight. Then his 'daddy' has to defend him. Is he not capable of doing so himself?

RGeeProductions
05-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Ok that's it....enough is enough
randomrodder, next time, please use the quote button to clearify to others that's what your responding about....
W.J., high horse? You do understand that ALL CAN READ your ever changing signatures.....
This thread is closed......