7 82 Brian Braddock
8 90 John Kazmierski
DNS 88 Andy Hiddemen

Bandolarros (ran with micro stocks)
Pos No.
1 88 Sandi Stull

gripz
05-26-2008, 04:27 PM
I would like to know why Earl Paulas was DQ today in the sport mod race???
Was it motor,carb, weight or something else???

Geno
05-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Remember, this is coming from one of the announcers, but I believe that it had something to do with an aluminum oil pan. Hope that helps.

Grandstand
05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Geno is right, Earl had an oil pan that did not conform to the Mountain rule book for SST modified, which Earl ran.

gripz
05-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Did Earl win any of the sport mod races this year and if so was the oil pan checked at that time ??????

Grandstand
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Perhaps different things are checked each time when being teched and yes, Earl has won previously.

Trestle
05-27-2008, 11:53 PM
What was wrong with the oil pan? I'm sure its not because it was aluminum. I am pretty disappointed in this without some explanation. I felt he ran a great race with the many extended yellow flag laps that happened. Many of witch I felt could have been eliminated by the track.

I am just a fan that pays the gate to watch racing there btw. I always like the way that number 8 runs and was happy to see it. I am starting to wonder if its worth dropping $50 on the mountain each weekend because this is not the first time I have seem somthing like this.

461_SS
05-28-2008, 12:25 AM
how is having an aluminum oil pan a big advantage?

Grandstand
05-28-2008, 01:02 AM
If it states in the rule book that you cannot have an aluminum oil pan on an SST and you have one, isn't that grounds to be disqualified? Regardless if it does not provide an advantage or not, it's grounds for being disqualified. The rules are available to everyone and everyone should abide by the rules that govern racing for that division. Unfortunately, it happened.

Anyone can look at the rules online. Each sport mod driver is suppose to inform tech what type of modified they are running, i.e. Wall Mod, MAD, SST, Mountain mod, and Earl ran as an SST.

RGeeProductions
05-28-2008, 01:11 AM
You are correct if SST Modified Rules.

34. ENGINE LUBRICATION
A. OILING SYSTEM
Internal oil pumps driven from the distributor are required.
B. OIL PANS
Magnetic steel oil pans only.
IF this is what it is all about....

Grandstand
05-28-2008, 07:34 AM
That's what it's all about....

gripz
05-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I agree with all you are saying, but my question was ( was Earl checked the first time he won?) and if so how did they miss the oil pan the last time?? I don't think the oil pan is changed unless it has a hole or something worse.

P.S. I do agree that if he was not legal he should have been DQ.

Grandstand
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM
You would have to ask tech or one of the track officials. I couldn't tell you if the oil pan was checked on the prior win(s). He also could have checked in under another Sport mod classification.

Trestle
05-28-2008, 03:43 PM
You are correct if SST Modified Rules.

34. ENGINE LUBRICATION
A. OILING SYSTEM
Internal oil pumps driven from the distributor are required.
B. OIL PANS
Magnetic steel oil pans only.
IF this is what it is all about....

Rgee thanks for the post on it. Where is this information? I searched on mountains website and didn't see it.

Edika26
05-28-2008, 04:08 PM
What was wrong with the oil pan? I'm sure its not because it was aluminum. I am pretty disappointed in this without some explanation. I felt he ran a great race with the many extended yellow flag laps that happened. Many of witch I felt could have been eliminated by the track.

I am just a fan that pays the gate to watch racing there btw. I always like the way that number 8 runs and was happy to see it. I am starting to wonder if its worth dropping $50 on the mountain each weekend because this is not the first time I have seem somthing like this.

On the Mountain Speedway Rules for Sports Mods Dont say anything about alum oil pans

Edika26
05-28-2008, 04:55 PM
If it states in the rule book that you cannot have an aluminum oil pan on an SST and you have one, isn't that grounds to be disqualified? Regardless if it does not provide an advantage or not, it's grounds for being disqualified. The rules are available to everyone and everyone should abide by the rules that govern racing for that division. Unfortunately, it happened.

Anyone can look at the rules online. Each sport mod driver is suppose to inform tech what type of modified they are running, i.e. Wall Mod, MAD, SST, Mountain mod, and Earl ran as an SST.

Well if that was the case some of them can run alum pans so you would think he would call it what was legal.

Grandstand
05-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes, Mountain conforms to the rules on the Mountain website but get the "SST Modified Rules" you will need to go to this link - http://sstracingseries.com/modified.html under Rule 34. ENGINE LUBRICATION.

To post the rules for each of these different types of Sport Mods on the website would be difficult, but each car when they register with the handicapper, has to advise which rules that particular car is running.

The guys that use to run Wall Township (Wall Stadium) are either running MAD, Wall Modifieds, there are NASCAR SK Mods (Rick Zack) and Crate motors running. Each and every time, each driver has to advise the officials which Mod they are running.

To get the rules for each of the different Sport Mod classes, just do a google search on them and you should be able to come up with the answer.

Contact Mike or the tech guy Pappy if you need anything else. This is just what I was able to find within a few minutes.

W. J.
05-28-2008, 07:20 PM
On the Mountain Speedway Rules for Sports Mods Dont say anything about alum oil pansIt may not say it on the Mountain Speedway site, but if they ar following SST Mod rules, since they run more than just Mountain, it would be in their separate rules. I have no idea if there is a website for that, but someone (including those who build that type car to race it) would have a copy of the rules.
He probably didn't get found out earlier because tech usually checks different things after each race, just to keep the competitors guessing as to what will be checked. If they totally tech'd the cars in each race, they likely wouldn't finish before Tuesday afternoon, LOL!

LongIslandJam
05-28-2008, 09:09 PM
The matter appears resolved.

See: http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15015