PDA

View Full Version : joke

rusty
05-26-2008, 10:00 AM
what a joke 5 laps of racing should go at least 1/2 way before they call it a lot of us spend a lot of $$ and time to travel to the track. and how can the 27 come in the 2 spot when he failed ride hight after the race and it was looked at 2 times. should rethink the yellow bumpers starting mid pack unless thay prove they belong like tim in the 15ny by the way tim congratulations. car looked fast all day mike sr.

fisherman
05-26-2008, 10:11 AM
what a joke 5 laps of racing should go at least 1/2 way before they call it a lot of us spend a lot of $$ and time to travel to the track. and how can the 27 come in the 2 spot when he failed ride hight after the race and it was looked at 2 times. should rethink the yellow bumpers starting mid pack unless thay prove they belong like tim in the 15ny by the way tim congratulations. car looked fast all day mike sr.

STOP CRASHING, DO ALL THE LAPS. ITS THAT WAY WITH ALL CLASSES AT RHD:cheers::cheers:

Golf Guy
05-26-2008, 10:30 AM
I thought they should have announced next yellow and the feature is over. But it was a horrible race, gets real boring spending 45 mins to watch 5 laps. Congrats to the SnapOn Tools team, you would have won shortened or not.

oldschool
05-26-2008, 11:20 AM
RACING SUCKED YESTERDAY. When people are involved in wrecks they should be sent to the back, not put back in there spot to cause another wreck and another and another (92). If an officials (M.C.) sees a flat tire (39) send the guy off the track the bead was off the tire. This could have avoided some carnage, and no more than 18 cars in feature. Just my two cents.
Nice job all day Timmy.

Anthony Cacioppo

dupont2406
05-26-2008, 12:05 PM
I know everyone wants to blame the legends division but we all pay a fee to get into the pits. I would assume with that fee comes the expectation that the track will run an organized event. The problem is they keep putting the people that caused the yellow back in front. One car didn’t realize at the end of the straightaway you are supposed to turn left and caused most of the cautions but still kept starting up front. If you keep doing the same thing you will keep getting the same result. That is the tracks fault not the division. I am not trying to put the entire blame on the track; personally I think they have been very welcoming to the legends division and I know they work hard to put on a show. With all due respect I would like to see the track take some responsibility for what happened and resolve these issues so together can put on a good show.

Dan Pace

nflobster
05-26-2008, 12:30 PM
i cannot see how it is the tracks fault when it is the drivers in those cars who for lack of a better term suck and either wreck others or do other stupid things! why start 18 .... make it 15 cars and those who don't get it at least got some seat time. leave one spot for a provisional who is in the top 10 in points. at least the grands ran a good race :cheers::rolleyes:

on another note i do feel bad for sherman and paul d for going out on a limb to get races back only to have what seems like the same people ruining it for the others.

unowho243
05-26-2008, 12:58 PM
I see you all blaming the track..... Personally i watched the race from the infield some of you guys sucked point blank.. don't blame the track for people making very very dumb decisions.

personally i dont get it the cars are like half the size of a regular car shouldnt you guys have more room? stop running each other over.

Anyway congrats to Timmy!

mazz627
05-26-2008, 01:16 PM
In regards to the time limit wearing out, there is nothing you can do about that as it is a necessity to have. However, I think the issue can be alleviated by implementing a rule where if a driver brings out too many cautions in one race, they should be put down for the day. There are many instances in all classes where the racing momemtum gets killed because a driver is having a bad day and keeps spinning out, or causes the flow of the race to slow down because they are getting lapped by the field after 2 laps. With that, great job Timmy!! Keep up the good work.

rain11
05-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Ok you need to look at every thing 1st, the track has a new tow truck company who is getting adjusted so that is taking a lot of time to clean up (what about a flatbed ) also this is a new field that is bringing a large % of the $ into the track and there are adjustments to be made such as the # of cars in the main or when to run the main in the show. Saturday do it late and on Sunday do it 1st because the track is not dirty and if the race goes on too long who cares because the enduro car count is down like every division except the legend cars who are bringing cars from all over the east coast. Can any other division say that? So why are we getting screwed, worked my *** off this week and not because of a rookie hint hint !!! Whats the answer, thats what we should be looking at because at this rate the # 83 car will be for sale. No disrespect intended just some constructive criticism.

nflobster
05-26-2008, 03:56 PM
again what does the tow trucks or other things the "track" does to "screw" you guys have to do with as was posted earlier "running each other over" it is you, the drivers who are in control of the cars (well some of you) so don't gripe at the place which is giving you a opertunity to showcase your talents (or lack of in some cases) if a blunderbust can get around there three wide; those buzz bombers have room to go at least two wide and if you guys cant make it work shame on you. like i said earlier i feel for the guys who broke their butts off to get the legends back only to be insulted by the lack of respect for one another. the only way to stop the carnage in the short term is to limit the number of cars in the feature until it appears that the worst third of the field can figure how to drive out of a paper bag without hitting the broadside of the barn. just because it is a affordable race car does not mean everybody can drive one because obviously there are some who cant.

Bobby Pease
05-26-2008, 07:16 PM
THROTTLE control ! It looks like alot of you guys want to win the race in the 1st lap!

j-rod
05-26-2008, 07:21 PM
I have a lot of things to say but am only bringing up a couple; 1. i dont see why there's a need for a time limit on a sunday race, the show is short enough as it is with the low number of enduro cars now a days- plus there are out of towners traveling here who probobly will never come back now. 2. The officiating needs to get a little more consistant and or a little more strict, 2 races ago the 8 car and 27(both on front row of main) tangle BEFORE the initial green,,only the 8 goes to the rear??? This week on 2 occasions, cars spun,wrecked,,received flats and almost flip,caution comes out 4 them and they get there spot back!?!.............Dont make it 1 strike and your out for some,, while others dont get sent to the rear, or others GET their spot back when caution is for them.

thanks- Jarrod H.

nflobster
05-26-2008, 09:25 PM
i just read toms post and it's a danm shame. all you whiney sissy's who in my eyes shouldn't drive a nail nevertheless a racecar took the fun out of racing from a guy who loves it and broke his a$$ in getting the legends back at riverhead. shame on you guys; just throw tom under the bus while your at it and then jump in your cars and pile drive each other or just run each other over. :disgusted i for one hope he changes his mind ; but how can you blame him. he is a good guy who just got the shaft by those who are" driving challenged "

Kamikaze.
05-26-2008, 09:29 PM
RACING SUCKED YESTERDAY. When people are involved in wrecks they should be sent to the back, not put back in there spot to cause another wreck and another and another (92). If an officials (M.C.) sees a flat tire (39) send the guy off the track the bead was off the tire. This could have avoided some carnage, and no more than 18 cars in feature. Just my two cents.
Nice job all day Timmy.

Anthony Cacioppo

92? The 92 Was blasted into turn 1 twice by the 39 who had a grudge or something from the heat race so any accident that the 92 was involved in was not his fault, if your blasted by a driver and have to slam on the brakes and skid up the track then your not to blame in my book and the officials had made the right call in the order.

And im sorry to say you spin out by yourself in the middle of the race track many times because you have are obviously not experienced enough to drive a legends car so if you really want to start pointing fingers, ill point.

The race was rediculous, and i dont understand why people cant just race in line till at least the halfway point. Races are not won in the first five laps and im curious to see how long the division takes to realize this. After a disgusting season opener, and this wreckfest.

And remember, anything i say is purely my view and ill stand behind it, but whatever i say doesnt not represent how my brother Bryan feels, so if you have a problem with whatever i have to say, take it up with me, and not him.

ready2race15
05-26-2008, 09:36 PM
racing is racing. Running in line is no fun. Hold on tight and go to the front. Running in the back is no fun!

Kamikaze.
05-26-2008, 09:44 PM
racing is racing. Running in line is no fun. Hold on tight and go to the front. Running in the back is no fun!

I agree 100%, but on the other hand 5 laps accomplishes nothing. And because all of the cars are the same, if you start in the back, you are most likely to finish in the back. You don't see the car starting 18th finishing in the top 5 if you know what i mean.

Although, im really getting tired of straightening bumpers, replacing trailing arms, and duct-taping fenders, and im sure you guys can agree. Racing should not be a wreck fest. If you have the chance to pass someone, pass them, and dont dive bomb into the corner hoping to come out in a better position (because it normally doesnt work that way).

And i do agree to say that alot of people shouldnt even be driving legends cars because they either cant handle them/cause accidents/spin out when no one is near them/just plain suck.

IMO.

Richie25
05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
92? The 92 Was blasted into turn 1 twice by the 39 who had a grudge or something from the heat race so any accident that the 92 was involved in was not his fault, if your blasted by a driver and have to slam on the brakes and skid up the track then your not to blame in my book and the officials had made the right call in the order.

And im sorry to say you spin out by yourself in the middle of the race track many times because you have are obviously not experienced enough to drive a legends car so if you really want to start pointing fingers, ill point.

The race was rediculous, and i dont understand why people cant just race in line till at least the halfway point. Races are not won in the first five laps and im curious to see how long the division takes to realize this. After a disgusting season opener, and this wreckfest, im surprised barbara and jim even want the cars back.

And remember, anything i say is purely my view and ill stand behind it, but whatever i say doesnt not represent how my brother Bryan feels, so if you have a problem with whatever i have to say, take it up with me, and not him.

well, some peoples cars are just to darn fast for them to hold on to they have no choice to stay inline becouse they cant figure out the fast pedal is on the right, with high car count theres no time to sit back in wait, must of the trouble was centerd around from (92ny) on back. just stop running each other over if somes on your inside there on your inside and dont body slam the car on your outside like the (92ny) did many times yesterday. all of you guys besiides the guys up front that can control there cars just need to chill out.

maestri fan 1
05-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, I wasn't there but from what I have read, and what I have seen at other tracks, allow me to make some suggestions.

I go to the summer shootout at Lowe's Motorspeedway, I have watched and most recently been offered a ride racing down there, I have done a lot of research as a result of this and here it goes.

1) When a car brings out a caution as a result of being booted, he is sent to the back and the car who did the booting is sent off the track and parked. If a car intentionally brings out a caution, they are done for the day.

2) REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU ARE!!!!! if you are involved in a wreck, you are sent to the rear. I watched Clay Hair get involved in a wreck and didn't hit a damn thing, he just stopped, he was sent to the rear.

3) ROOKIES!!!!! I'm friends with some of you guys, your all great, the number one thing I was taught during my rookie season in the blunderbusts (yes they are totally different) is to just start in the rear. Being a rookie is all about learning, you do the most learning by following the field, not holding them back or causing problems, regardless who is at fault.

Now for EVERYONE, race clean, be smart, and have fun. Stop wrecking your stuff, it saves money.

Also, I have noticed that some people are voicing there opinion about the track and drivers and have never raced a day in their life. STOP!!!!! You guys have no clue what the drivers see, or deal with out there. You know who you are so please think before you post. Ask W.J. I learned that the hard way.

Finally, CONGRATS TIMMY!!!! TIME LIMIT OR NOT, YOU DA MAN!!!!!!:cheers:

RacinRob
05-26-2008, 10:48 PM
ALL rookies shouldnt start in the back. The 53 and the 15 mayb be rookies but are better than most veterans.

fastgal
05-26-2008, 11:14 PM
maybe have a kitty paid by those who are causing or are involved in multiple wrecks. if they enjoy the hook week in and week out than send them the repair bills that they are causing others to occour.

attituderacing
05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
:mad:Why should some rookies(15,53,88,44) be penalized for other peoples mistakes? The officals said at their rules meeting, that if they deem a driver too slow or inexperenced to start up front, they will make the call to start that person in the rear. The probelems aren't always from the rookies. There needs to be some respect and give and take.

Ka$h25
05-27-2008, 11:52 AM
I haven't been out there, but this is obviously a young division. I don't remember seeing Donny Lia, Tony Naglieri, and Danny Mac on the jam pointing fingers, calling people out, putting each other down and making excuses. As a matter of fact, I don't really see that in any division. Some of you guys need to grow up, and part of that is knowing that maybe you can't handle starting up front. There's always going to be rookies who shine, but some of you need to be the bigger man and start in the back.

All that being said, bashing a guy isn't going to make him any better, and if there's a bad relationship, that's not going to help. You need to help each other out, or at the very least TRY to. Maybe you're not gonna talk to a rookie and make him Donny Lia- but next time you're behind him he might be a little more careful out of respect for trying to help.

tstiles
05-27-2008, 12:08 PM
yes . to go 4 or 5 months during the off season waiting for opening day to race is hard enough , and after 3 weeks in to it , you could only get 5 laps in for a feature. and now you gotta wait another 7 days to try it again . i feel bad for the good racers out their in the legends . they only went 5 laps and have to wait all week to see if its gonna happen again. good luck fellas.

EDGEnterprises
05-27-2008, 12:09 PM
If someone has a problem with something that happens ON THE TRACK, SPEAK TO THE PERSON AT THE TRACK. Don't put it on a forum for people to continue to point fingers and talk all this trash...

I know what happened on the track, I WAS DRIVING THE CAR. YES I was involved with spinning the 76, I was plowed from behind on the start and all the way down into turn 1... This bumper tag crap needs to stop. Give a little take a little, RESPECT. Isn't that the whole idea behind it all? Let the rookies learn, but they won't learn if there is no respect for them... If you lay off the bumper tag, and the beating and banging we would have some good clean racing. We had 2 races out of the 4 that was decently clean. Minor bumps and bangs here and there... Lets continue the clean racing. People need to learn to drive the cars without the mirrors, and use their eyes to know when to get off that pedal and slow down to avoid the wrecks...

I was avoiding the spin in the heat, and I was blasted from behind by not one, but two competitors... sending my car airborne, not only wrecking my car, but wrecking others. We all need to use our heads. I am as frustrated as many of you are too. I want to keep my equipment clean, and I know this is what others want to do as well...

So if you have a problem with me, SPEAK TO ME at the track, write me an e-mail, or send me a private message! Keep this crap off the boards because it is just going to cause more problems for the division. I know I want to race the next four races... I don't know how you all feel???:mad:

jgloor8
05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
quick question since the 27 cars ride heights werent rite is that rule out the window???? can we all run them like that???

maestri fan 1
05-27-2008, 04:15 PM
As for what I said about rookies, Yes there are some rookies who can hold there own, Timmy proved that this week. I didn't want to point fingers at anyone, but those rookies who should start in the back probably know who they are.

I don't want to offend anyone by any means. It just could probably make things run a little smoother.

JBonsignore
05-27-2008, 06:22 PM
pretty sure the 31 won't be back, considering it cost him $100 per lap to come from CT... shame because hes one of the few that can pass without crashing and put on a great show each time he has been down from CT...

either way though Timmy had that race in the bag, kid has amazing talent

10crew
05-27-2008, 07:53 PM
it was a hard weekend at riverhead for all div.s
its a shame to see and read this crap
racers come here to run the bull ring
have respect for all and run clean
and when its over its over
becouse one day it might be over

Tower Man
05-28-2008, 07:36 AM
10crew, you hit the nail on the head!

As to the tow truck company being new. Stop! Nicky and the Brigandi Bros. have been a fixture at the track and do an excellant job. That black El Camino has been there for years.

Stop looking to blame and race. Race clean and hard, but do your talking on the race track. Not here.

unowho243
05-28-2008, 05:14 PM

fred card
05-28-2008, 07:37 PM
I LOVE LEGEND RACING I RACED SEVERAL YEARS IN THE LEGENDS IKNOW THESE ARE A HAND FULL TO DRIVE BUT LEARN HOW TO SET UP YOU CAR AND YOU WILL HAVE TWICE AS MUCH FUN IF ANY WOULD LIKE SOME SETUP ADVICE PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT THIS IS A GREAT DIVISION DONT BASH A GOOD THING:applause: THANKS FRED CARD 631 965 9104

LongIslandJam
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
That's the right spirit Fred.

We were all rookies at one time. And the only way to gain experience up front, is by racing up front.

Maybe the method of determining the lineup has to be changed to improve the quality of racing. The Legends Car division as a whole has to come to that conclusion.

Either way, we're all in it for better racing. The Legends Cars have a few weeks off, let's think about it before pointing fingers.

On that note, we'll close this thread as this topic has been talked about to great lengths.