PDA

View Full Version : First Quarter Championships Highlight Lee NASCAR Action Friday

RGeeProductions
05-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Mother Nature may have shortened the spring schedule at Lee USA Speedway, Lee, NH, but the Route 125 oval, with only one full race program completed and the other finished over two race dates, will host it’s first quarter championships Friday night May 30. All divisions that race in the weekly NASCAR Whelen All American Series will compete.

“Perhaps we should change it to the 1/8 championship,” quipped track manager Bob Watson . The race event shortage has created an unusual situation for competitors and track management. One bright spot has been the amount of cars that have entered. The track has seen an increase in all divisions.

Defending champion J.R. Baril, Haverhill , MA., and 2007 Rookie of the Year, Miles Chipman, Epping NH., will lead a strong list of competitors into One Stop Toy Shop Late Model competition. Both drivers shared victory lane last week. Long time area racer Larry Gelinas, Gorham.ME, veteran Tom Fuller, Allenstown , NH and Rochester , NH . hot shoe Jeff Labrecque Jr are also entered.

Defending Mac Tools Super Modified champion, and a two-time winner this season, Eddie Witkum, Jr, Merrimack , NH., Jeffrey Locke, Raymond, NH., and Jim Lowery, Jr, Tilton , NH. , are all expected to enter the open-wheel winged division.

The Late Model Sportsman division finds Michelle Fushpanski, Seabrook , NH , winner of her first race last Friday, expected to try and make it two-in-a-row. Boe Green, Berwick , ME. , Grant Aither, Exeter , NH., veterans Bobby Melvin, Groton , MA., and Jimmy Renfrew, Hooksett , NH lead the list of expected racers.

Jim Shorey of Lebanon , ME , has looked strong early on and will lead a strong roster of Planet Aid Hobby Stock drivers into competition. Alby Ovitt, Barrington , NH. , Eric Hoffman, Newmarket , NH. , A.J. Panessiti, N.Chelmsford, MA., and Wade Worster, Lebanon, ME are expected to compete.

Billy Osborne, Plaistow , NH. , Lloyd Chapin, Seabrook, Dana Faulkner, Tewksbury , MA. , and Timmy Johnson, Salem, NH., will compete in Roadrunner action while Chris Harding, Lebanon, and Shane Horvath, Nottingham, NH will race in the Ironman division, for newcomers.

Friday nights race program will start at 7:15 PM. Children are encouraged to have fun in the all new Swings-n-Things “Kids Zone.” Each week a racer visits young fans in the all new play area.

Lee USA Speedway