PDA

View Full Version : Handicap System

Ellracin17x
05-28-2008, 03:03 PM
The handicap system needs to change. I say they handicap the heats. If the cars that they handicap in the heat cant hold on they start where they finish their has been way to many wrecks this season already and if some do hold on than they can start up front.Thats what i think they should change

Fat Albert
05-28-2008, 03:20 PM
I understand what you're trying to say; I think. And I agree. A car that starts up front in a heat and then ends up in the back should not start up front, again, in the feature. The best cure for the problem is to handicap the feature by the heat finishes. Win the first heat, start on the pole. Win the second heat, start on the ouside pole. Third heat winner starts third and so on. Not only will it prevent the slower cars from starting in the first row, but it will make the heats meaningful and a lot more exciting for the fans.

Ellracin17x
05-28-2008, 03:30 PM
FINALY some one gets my point but i wouldent handy cap the feature at all but maby

RACENUT
05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
but then you would have the fastest cars starting up front in the main and that would make for a boring race a follow the leader type race. I would rather see a meaningless heat and see a more exciting main with some passing going on, if a car qualifies in the heat he is capable and deserves to start up front in the main.

randomrodder
05-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Reverse the top 10 or 6 in the feature or, pull a pill for the reversal just prior to the feature.

Fkraft99
05-28-2008, 05:47 PM
and be sure to get the tow trucks ready for the crashfest that the heats will become

Ellracin17x
05-28-2008, 05:48 PM
good idea handicap the heat and reverse the top 6 for the feature and it would be good racing and less wrecks

W. J.
05-28-2008, 07:14 PM
good idea handicap the heat and reverse the top 6 for the feature and it would be good racing and less wrecksThat pretty much would almost fit exactly the way it is done now. (based on top 5 qualifying [for a 20 car feature] and then being handicapped based on their last 3 weeks of money won.)

Ellracin17x
05-28-2008, 08:31 PM
they dont handicap heats now??

RGeeProductions
05-28-2008, 08:36 PM
The least money earned for the last 3 weeks gets to start Heat 1 on pole. No matter where he finishes, as long as a qualifying position, he will start pole for the feature. 2nd to last money earned, starts Heat 2 pole and if qualified would start feature 2nd. 3rd least money earned starts Heat 3 pole and would start feature 3rd, if qualified. Down the line.......

RACENUT
05-28-2008, 09:01 PM
A Few Years Ago Didn't They Change The Handicap System From Money Won To Points Earned In The Last 3 Weeks ?

sobe
05-28-2008, 09:12 PM
yes they did and thats why this system sucks they need to go back to money earned!!!!!!!!!!!

RGeeProductions
05-28-2008, 10:12 PM
A Few Years Ago Didn't They Change The Handicap System From Money Won To Points Earned In The Last 3 Weeks ?
Sorry, I thought it was the other way around.

Wheel Racing
05-28-2008, 10:23 PM

Using points is much better, because some divisions make the same money from 10th on down so there are always people getting a raw deal. I also like the idea of "racing" for your starting position in a heat race. Heat races just become an extended warmup session for some and incredibly boring for the fans. I also like the idea of picking a starting spot for the heat out of the hat and then start the feature based on your heat finish instead of time trials(maybe that's because I suck at time trials,LOL)

Tracy87BB
05-28-2008, 10:37 PM
sobe, the reason why they moved away from using money earned (as I understand it) is because there are many positions that pay the same amount. In the BB, for example, I believe every position from 11th back pays the same. So the person who finished 11th is handicapped exactly the same as the one who finished 25th. Using points differentiates more between positions, and I'm pretty sure you end up with a lot fewer ties from week to week (I haven't actually tried it using money earned, but I di know that I find very few ties on a weekly basis using points).

TourMods
05-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Speaking of money what is the purse rundown for the Modified 50 lap double show this weekend ?

spabler
05-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Just more laps money stays the same unless they pick up an additional sponsor for the race

JBonsignore
05-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Speaking of money what is the purse rundown for the Modified 50 lap double show this weekend ?

in a perfect would we would run for double the purse since we are running for double points, but hey thats only in a perfect world... and we are FAR from that

dbl-take
06-01-2008, 03:46 PM
in a perfect would we would run for double the purse since we are running for double points, but hey thats only in a perfect world... and we are FAR from that
You could have double the purse for double the admission price. Be careful what you wish 4.....

JBonsignore
06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I will pay $60 to get in any week if we can get $3000 to win and $400 to take the green in the modifieds, pretty sure that would help cover more expenses for a $30 increase

LongIslandJam
06-02-2008, 07:01 AM
I wonder if the other Modified drivers are with you on that.:confused:

Tower Man
06-02-2008, 08:37 AM
In Go karts, the pit fees and entry fees were often higher than paid at Riverhead for a Saturday night and all we got was a trophy and a nice year end banquet.

I don't know what the go kart fees are now, but back in Justin's day it was expensive. I know, I had 4 kids competing.