PDA

View Full Version : Super Stocks with Streeters on June 7

intense1
05-28-2008, 08:13 PM
In an effort to build car counts in the Street stock division, Mountain Speedway management has decided to invite the Super Stocks to run with the Street Stocks on a trial basis for the June 7 show, under the following rules guidelines:
All Super Stocks must weigh 3250 lbs, after race-with driver
All Super Stocks must have a maximum of 55% Left Side Weight, after race-with driver
Maximum 1/4" thick wheel spacers on any corner of car. Steel recommended.

CSLMOTORSPORTS
05-29-2008, 11:18 AM
How can you run a division that you know is closer to a pro stock or a riverhead charger with the street stocks.I guess you liked seeing the street stocks get beat up by cars that are far more advanced then a true street stock.You made a seprate division for these cars becuse they are not true street stocks.But now lets let them run when the car count is low,how about trying to work with the real street stocks and get the cars back so it isn't like coming to a gun fight with a knife.Maybe it is time to contact all the street stocks that aren't out and find out why and try to help get them back.This is just my opinion not trying to say that it is right or wrong but I don't think they should run with true street stocks.
Scott Lehmann

EricaR
05-29-2008, 11:54 AM
This was a decision that had to be made as the Street Stock class is in jeopardy of being either cut to every other week or the purse chopped. Management has tried to contact as many street stock drivers as they can, and for one reason or another, all have their own reasons for not being able to make it to the track on a consistent basis. Some are waiting on motors, others aren't interested in running on a full time basis, others have work commitments, and some the economy is playing it's part. But we have gone from our Street Stocks being our most consistent car count each week to the division that has been falling off rapidly. Something has to be done.

I have spoken at length to Mark about the points system as well as handicapping for this EXPERIMENTAL combination race. Please keep in mind, this is a trial race!! When registering with me, each driver must tell me at the beginning of the night what points they want that evening total to go towards, either Street Stocks or Super Stocks. Both points will be kept seperatly as not to interfere with either Street Stock or Super Stocks points championships.

For example, if a true Street Stock were to win the race, a Super Stock were to place 2nd, and another Street Stock were to come in third....Your Street Stock winner would be awarded 100 points, and even though the next Street Stock placed third on the track, they would be awarded second place points. The Super Stock that placed second on the track would be awarded 100 points for being the first place Super Stock.

As far as handicapping goes, normally the Super Stocks pull for starting positions, so there is no handicapping sheet like there is for the Street Stock division. For this race on June 7th, the Super Stocks will essentially be considered new cars, and will be handicapped at the bottom of the list, so they will be starting in the rear of the heats. Now if they race into a qualifying position, they may start the feature in front of some regular Street Stocks that failed to qualify in the heat race. But this is the most fair way to add them into the mix for this race.

Payout will not be seperated!!! Where you finish on the track is where you get paid...Street or Super Stock!!

I know that you are not the only one saying that you are bringing a knife to a gunfight, but if you look at the lap times that our fastest Street Stocks are running, and look at our Super Stocks, there isn't much of a difference. Plus, the Super Stocks still have the weight disadvantage. I guess the real question is do you even want to be in the fight? I would hate to see the Street Stocks disappear. This is going to be a lot of added work for me as the points keeper upper, however, if there is any class that I would do extra work for, it's the Street Stocks, for apparent reasons I suppose. I don't want this class to be eliminated!!

We are trying to make this work for all involved, and changes will be made as necessary to keep all cars competitive. But right now, the Super Stocks have a much more consistant car count. The question is, how many of the Super Stocks that travel from Wall will show up more than the intended 7 shows.

Again, this is only a trial race!! Everyone will have to wait and see what the turnout as well as driver response is before we make any serious changes. Right now, all we are doing is combining two classes into one full field. Keep in mind, points will be seperated.

If you have any questions concerning rules or handicapping, please go to the contact section of the Mountain Speedway homepage, and contact the person that you need to for any clarification.

jm31
05-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Why not throw the Thrillers in there too.It doesn't look like thier count is too high..Let them run weight jackers...Run the class "open comp" with everyone on the track at the same time, road race style....Imagine the carnage

CSLMOTORSPORTS
05-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Erica we will show up no matter what is run now that we have a motor.I just hope that it is kept fair thats all i'm saying.It is a lot of work to keep the 30 year old car going good but dont want to be out classed.We will work on it to make it the best it can be.We also will work with you guys to get the car count up we will be out this week and next week one of our crew will be out in his car.Lets make it work so everyone is happy.
Scott

461_SS
05-29-2008, 03:52 PM
This is basically turning into last year all over again...

81sscrew
05-31-2008, 07:10 PM
"We all got problems"