PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT Rain Info

Geno
05-30-2008, 06:11 PM
As of Friday evening, Saturday’s events are still on schedule. HOWEVER, if rain cancels the Saturday night show we will be utilizing Sunday, June 1st as a rain date. If we end up running on Sunday, the “regular” Sunday opening times will apply for the pits and grandstands.

Please pass the word to your fellow racing buddies. As of now we are racing Saturday, but if cancelled, Sunday will be the make up date.

JA- Could you please “sticky” this?

Thanks!

ss26
05-30-2008, 10:50 PM
thats not the right thing to do, people do have other things planned around the REGULAR schedule, you may wanna rethink this call, just my opinion!!
Scott Meckes

bobbysgirl1805
05-31-2008, 12:00 AM
I second the motion.

Chuck Schartzer
05-31-2008, 09:59 AM
that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

White Lightnin
05-31-2008, 10:06 AM
They may reconsider the rain out date before Sunday. Afterall, they just overturned the only DQ in the history of the race track. There may just be hope afterall.:lol::lol:

ss26
05-31-2008, 10:19 AM
JUST TALKED TO JOE RACING IS CANCELLED FOR TODAY AND SUNDAY IS A GO!!!SEE YAS NEXT WEEK!!!:disgusted:disgusted:mad::mad:

modfan#22
05-31-2008, 11:23 AM
get to see some racing this weekend after all:cheers:

Chuck Schartzer
05-31-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree if it was planned when the race was scheduled not put in the day before. I love racing as much as the next guy but its not everthing. I know people say then don't go BUT when people depend on you and you commit to helping them its a problem because somebody isn't going to be happy. Besides if it was part of the original schedule they would proably draw more cars. But hey what do I know , just my opinion.

White Lightnin
05-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey Chuck, it's just like you said before about speaking your mind - it won't matter.

gripz
05-31-2008, 12:14 PM
guys build race cars to race them, not to sit in the garage the entire weekend when it rains, great call on Sunday racing. More tracks should do the same.

Zcar
05-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey, it got me out of helping people move.

bser83
05-31-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm glad you a**holes could cancel today, it was a "horrible" day, definitely couldn't have gotten the races in.
Is it any wonder that Mountain Speedway is going down hill? Last week there were hardly any spectators, I bet this week won't be any different. No first class operation would decide friday that the make up day would be sunday. Lets try to make these decisions before you put your schedules out or at least a week before the races. Some people make plans besides just racing for the weekend.
I hope not a single spectator shows up, let Joe sleep in the bed he's made.

Zcar
05-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Good call to cancel. Thought it was gonna be the wrong decision until 6:00 when I was driving down route 11 in rain I couldn't see to drive in.

Maybe it missed the track and we coulda got it in, be certainly don't like the nights where we are standing in the trailer during to the rain or drying the track using $7.00 a gallon fuel and not racing after using a $100 and fuel to get there. We curse them for not canceling early then. But then they
cursed to canceling when the whether calls for serve thunderstorms.

Maybe it would have been a good idea to have a small side note on the schedule *rain dates may be following day*

A thought for the future I guess.

BlingxBling
05-31-2008, 10:05 PM
At last!! Finally a racetrack that puts hope back into the weekend of racing once mother nature had her way with the regular scheduled evening! Granted I do have to say it was not done in a timely fashion, but the word was spread, I will be there..as will many others that I know of...not just fans, but cars/drivers as well. When I get my moments to attend racing, I choose MVS for my own personal reasons, but I like taking a quick trip to Mountain to see a good show. Gorgeous weather and a big show on hand....should be a good one!

kinserfan11
05-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Have fun people because where i live i have tree damage from the storm and my drive way is blocked so i have to clean sunday:mad::mad::mad:

zombo
05-31-2008, 10:37 PM
wow. a track promoter tries to give the drivers and fans a chance to race when there's a rainout and people complain. well, if racing is not everything, as some have said, then why is it such a big deal? i'm sure there are many who are happy to have a day to race. think of all the teams that did not race in that area on saturday. maybe some mahoning guys will come and the track will have a great show. if racing is not everything, it shouldn't be a big deal. to be disappointed i can totally understand, but to be angry seems selfish to me.

gripz
06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
this is for bser83 ----- it takes one to know one!!!!!!

screamineagle12
06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
There has been other DQ"s in history that have been taken back. I have had one but it is not easy. So if you just had one you are # 2. Sorry but the only legal person in some peoples mind is the car that came in last. A quote sticks out in my mind from a historical racing movie, "if your not cheating then you aint trying". :cool: