PDA

View Full Version : Kyle McGowan Named Junior Announcer For USAC Show at Grandview Tuesday, June 3

KyleMac45
05-31-2008, 09:30 AM
I know this is a modified forum... BUT... I wanted to let guys know about a something that will be happening this Tuesday night!! Hope you guys like it!!

Kyle McGowan Named Junior Announcer For USAC Show at Grandview Tuesday, June 3

The Thunder on the Hill Racing Series continues to work at making their racing program more interactive with the race fans and what could be better then to kickoff their Junior Announcers Program of 2008 on Tuesday, June 3rd when the USAC wingless sprint cars come to Grandview Speedway. Fifteen year old Kyle McGowan of Fair Lawn, NJ approached Thunder Series Organizer Bob Miller at a recent off season racing activity and asked about the chance of announcing at one of the popular Thunder Shows of 2008. Miller was quick to agree so Tuesday night, June 3rd, you'll hear this "announcer of the future" call some of the wild racing action expected to take place on the hill in Bechtelsville, PA.

Kyle is a fourth generation flagger, best know for his hours of flag waiving behind the flag stand at Wall Stadium. As far as Kyle can remember, he's been flagging behind the starters stand for at least five years, with hopes of actually one day aspiring to the official starters stand. Flagging is a passion for Kyle, as is announcing, helping on race cars and perhaps one day, actually building race cars.

"I encourage younger kids and kids my age to get involved in auto racing, because one you get involved, you are not going to want to turn back", commented McGowan. At the very young age of fifteen, McGowan is very knowledgeable of the sport, both asphalt and dirt. Racing has been his life and he's building his life around racing. And why not, his father if the flagman for the ATQMRA and Kyle has a brother that part of the NEMA staff. As for the USAC drivers in tonight's field, Kyle's favorite is Levi Jones but his overall favorite driver is Tony Stewart.

Please join me and welcome Kyle McGowan to the microphone of the Grandview Speedway on Tuesday night, June 3rd at the Grandview Speedway. Kyle would like to thank the staff of the Thunder on the Hill Racing Series for giving him this opportunity to live his dream.

This opportunity is open to one and all. For more information on how you may participate, contact Donna Miller by calling 215-860-5631.

And don't forget, Tuesday, June 3rd the USAC National Wingless Sprint Tour eastern swing will take place at the Grandview Speedway. Gates open at 5 PM with race time set for 7:30 PM. The USAC wingless sprints have competed in seven events so far in 2008 with Shane Cottle and Levi Jones both winning two event. Single race winners in 2008 include Darren Hagen, Tracy Hines and Tanner Swanson. In the USAC wingless sprint point chase, Levi Jones is the point leader with 300 points followed by Brady Bacon with 280 point, Cole Whitt with 274, Tracy Hines is fourth with 261 points as Darren Hagen rounds out the top five with 260 points. Making up the top ten are Jerry Coons, Shane Cottle, Dave Darland, Brady Short and Brad Sweet.

On Tuesday night, June 3, gates will open at 5 PM with race time for 7:30 PM. General admission tickets are $25 for adults, $5 for children 6-11 and children under the age of 6 will be admitted for free. The pit fee is $30 and a Grandview license is not required.
GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY USAC NATIONAL WINGLESS SPRINT TOUR PRE-ENTRIES
Billy Pauch/Frenchtown, NJ
Fred Rahmer/Salfordsville, PA
Lucas Wolfe/Mechanicsburg, PA
Daron Clayton/Sikeston, MO---Owner: R&B Racing
Chad Boat/Phoenix, AZ---Owner: Billy Boat Motorsports
Billy Pauch Jr/Frenchtown, NJ
Cole Whitt/Riverside, CA---Owner: Keith Kunz Motorsports
Tracy Hines/Newcastle, IN--Owner: Tony Stewart Racing
Levi Jones/Olney, IL- - Owner: Tony Stewart Racing
Brady Short/Bedford, IN--Owner: Short Racing
Brad Sweet/Grass Valley, CA---Owner: Kasey Kahne Racing
Darren Hagen/Riverside, CA- - -Keith Kunz Motorsports
Brad Kuhn/Avon/IN- - Owner: 2B Racing/RWB Motorsports
Jerry Coons Jr/Tucson, AZ ---Owner: Dynamics, INC/Hoffman Auto Racing
Dustin Morgan/Owasso, OK
Brady Bacon, Broken Arrow, OK--Owner: Kasey Kahne Racing
Chris Windam/Canton, IL
Tom Meseraull/San Jose, CA---Owner: R&B Racing
Hunter Schuerenberg/Sikeston, MO--Owner: Triple Crown Racing
Damian Gardner/Concord, CA
Brett Melencern/Sioux Falls, SD
Josh Spencer/Kokomo, IN
Shane Cottle/Kokomo, IN
Steve Buckwalter/Barto, PA
Mark Bitner/Trenton, NJ
J.R. Berry/
Josh Weller/Mertztown, PA
Dave Darland/Concord, IN
Bobby Ream Jr/ Glendale, AZ
Robbie Stillwaggon/Burlington, NJ
2008 NAPA AUTO PARTS THUNDER ON THE HILL RACING SERIES
Tuesday, June 3 THUNDER ON THE HILL RACING SERIES 7:30 PM
USAC National Wingless Sprint Tour & ARDC Wingless Midgets

Tuesday, July 1 THUNDER ON THE HILL RACING SERIES 7:30 PM
Cindy Rowe Pennsylvania Sprint Speed Week Series 410 Sprints & 358 Modifieds

Wednesday, July 16 THUNDER ON THE HILL RACING SERIES- - FAN FUN NIGHT 7:30 PM
11th Annual 100 Lap Traffic JAM for DIRT Modifieds & Garden State Vintage Stock Cars

Tuesday, August 12 THUNDER ON THE HILL RACING SERIES 7:30 PM
Grandview Thunder 5-25’s Big Block Modifieds, 358 Modifieds, 600cc Sprints,
Rolling Thunder Legends, 600 Modifieds

Saturday, October 18 THUNDER ON THE HILL RACING SERIES 6 PM
House of Thunder Halloween Party
Grandview Thunder 5-25’s URC Sprints, 358 Modifieds, ARDC Wingless Midgets, Rolling Thunder Legends, 600 Modifieds & Garden State Vintage Stock Cars

Don' forget, the Grandview Speedway is in operation each and every Saturday night through September 27 plus, a special House of Thunder Halloween Racing Party on Saturday night, October 18.

Grandview Speedway is located on Passmore Road, just off Route 100 in Bechtelsville, PA (19505), just ten mile north of Pottstown, PA. More information is available by calling Grandview Speedway at 610-754-7688 or visit www.grandviewspeedway.com (be sure to sign up for the FREE e-mail fan news). For information on the Thunder Series, please visit: www.thunderonthehillracingseries.com

USAC NATIONAL WINGLESS SPRINT TOUR
Top 10 In POINT STANDINGS PRIOR TO JUNE 3, 2008
300 Levi Jones
280 Brady Bacon
274 Cole Whitt
261 Tracy Hines
260 Darren Hagen
243 Jerry Coons Jr.
242 Shane Cottle
220 Dave Darland
209 Brady Short
202 Brad Sweet

RGeeProductions
05-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Well, there goes the neighborhood....LOL
Congrats Kyle!!!!

KyleMac45
05-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanx RGEE

RichKeator
05-31-2008, 10:06 PM
Well kyle looks like we have another thing in common. I'm actually going to school for broadcasting while flagging. Who knows maybe we can team up and be the first ever starters to broadcast a race from the starters stand

KyleMac45
06-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanx Rich... You can announce on the flag stand... I would FLAG!!

Kyle

ModTourMan
06-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Congratulations Kyle!

Teds Race Tours
06-01-2008, 07:35 PM
1 Billy Pauch
2 Dave Darland
3 Fred Rahmer
4 Lucas Wolfe
5 $howtime?

KyleMac45
06-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Usac On Dirt- $howtime= ???

I like thatTBax

and Thanx MOD TOUR MAN...

Kyle

Howie
06-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Bechtelsville, PA - June 3 - The NAPA Auto Parts Thunder on the Hill Racing Series returned to action on Tuesday night as the USAC National Sprint Tour and the ARDC Wingless Midgets took center stage of the Grandview Speedway.

This event marked the eighty-first race of the nineteen year old Thunder Series.

With a 70% chance of rain in the forecast., the show did go on with a sizeable crowd and a pit area that was packed solid with thirty-seven wingless sprint cars and thirty-six ARDC wingless midgets.

The Grandview track crew, drivers, owners and officials worked feverishly to keep the show flowing, but the rain began to fall at the completion of the ARDC "B" Main. All qualifying was completed and the USAC sprint cars were staged for the feature event when the rain began to fall. The speedway immediately went into a holding
pattern, waiting for the rainfall to end. But more then forty minutes later, the rain was still falling and the disappointing decision to cancel the balance of the event was announced.

USAC officials and Thunder on the Hill organizers reviewed several options on how to complete show, but at the time of this writing a final decision could not be made.

The decision makers involved, including USAC, Grandview Speedway and the Thunder on the Hill organizers are looking at a suitable option for the fans and competitors alike. A Friday night rain date was put on the table, however Grandview had to consider that both Williams Grove and Big Diamond race weekly on Friday night, and it would not be an appropriate decision for the on-going good working relationship between tracks. As for Sunday evening, that too was not an option as most teams from the mid-west scheduled Sunday as a travel day home. USAC guarantees that they will come up with a fair option which could be a pair of feature events or perhaps a longer distance race when they return to Grandview in 2009.

For the USAC sprints, fast time of the night went to Jerry Coons over Chad Boat and Billy Pauch. In heat race competition, the victories went to Dustin Morgan, Chris Windom, Dave Darland and Shane Golobic. In the USAC "B" Main, the winner was Jerry Coons Jr.

In ARDC Midget competition Tracy Readinger, Steve Buckwalter and Darren Hagen were heat race winners as Taylor Malsam won the "B" Main.

Thunder on the Hill organizers were also talking with ARDC to find a make-up date for their feature, with a plan to include ARDC on a future Thunder on the Hill event in 2008.

We extend our appreciation to the fans and competitors who supported this event. We made every effort to beat out Mother Nature, however, we were unsuccessful. Please check our website as well as daily and weekly publications for the make-up dates for these two events.

by Robert Miller, Thunder Series Staff

KyleMac45
06-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone from Thunder on the Hill and Bob Miller... I had a GREAT time... All the announcers made feel right at home... Rob Klepper the USAC announcer is probably one of the funniest people... The show it self was a finominal one... Both series had a very nice car count... Unfortunately we did have 3 flips 1 in practice and 2 in USAC time trials... I believe if they didn't happen we would have at least gotten the show in...

I also wanted to thank my dad and brother for getting me there!!!

Kyle McGowan