PDA

View Full Version : Riverside Park/Stash greger/ Judkins' 2x

RichKeator
05-31-2008, 10:24 PM
So Im surfing around the net on other racing/ modified pic web sites... I was on the vintage Modified.com web site... Now I grew up VERY close to the Judkins clan and the 2x being cousins through cousins and what not... Now Maybe Howie can help me with this one... I know Ryan Preece is on the horn too but this might be before your time or you were too young to remember (cause I was like 8 around this time). I stumbled across Stan Greger's photo page and I qoute: "Stan was the last driver of the famed
#2x". Now I remember this VERY well. Stan was removed from the Judkins 2x when Stan was tossed out of an even at Riverside Park. This was the FIRST and ONLY time the Judkins 2x was tossed from an event, and thus Stan was TOSSED from Bob's car... the following week (I believe) the late Dave Carruso was put in the car, and it was Dave who was the last driver of the car before Mr. Judkins sold the team to Dave's family before Dave sadly and shockingly passed away....

Am I right or wrong??

chrome horn
06-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Rich, to answer your question I went to Mr Riverside Know it All, Gary Danko:):wave:. He made a few calls and here's how it goes:
Stan Gregory was the last winnner for Bob Judkins in the 2x.
When Dave Carusso won, Gary and Barbara Gaydosh owned the cars.
The following year, 1998(?) the Gaydosh's changed the the cars to 94 and had Eddie Spiers in them.
So Vintagemodifieds.com is correct. Stosh won the last race in the BOB JUDKINS' owned 2x

Precision Auto
06-04-2008, 08:28 PM
As Norman is still doing partial engine work for Bobby Judkins Florida Modified 2X - so there is still a Judkins owned 2X running - we placed a call to Bobby to clarify the question and answer.

The correct order of events for the Riverside Park Judkins Modified 2X is:

Jerry Marquis was in the Judkins 2X for years........those who were at The Park at that time are aware that Jerry won a boat load of races in the 2X.

Stan Gregor was in the Judkins 2X for only a few races before he was fired from the ride. Stan won one (1) race for Bobby Judkins.....

Dave Caruso was the last person to run the Judkins 2X before Bobby sold it to Barbara and Gary Gaydosh. Dave did win one (1) race in the Judkins 2X.

So..........Dave Caruso was the last person to win a race in the famed Judkins 2X...........

This comes straight from Bobby - I had to read this back to him so, as he put it: "I didn't screw things up!"

Bobby did ask me to say hi to all in New England. He and his family are doing fine.

Comments can be thrown at me at any time!! Linda and Norm Case :wave:

RichKeator
06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I had a feeling I was right.... Again I grew up very close to the family and infact about 2 years ago this week, I was staying with Bob and his wife at their house when my Grandfather sudenly passed away

RichKeator
06-04-2008, 10:12 PM
and on a side note with the Judkins owned FLORIDA 2x,
Ryan "Shake n Bake" Preece drove his grand father's car this past speedweeks....

p.s. Someone should check on that "Shake n Bake" That phrase has to be copywritin somewhere by someone...(will farrel maybe??)

chrome horn
06-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks for clearing it up.

Precision Auto
06-04-2008, 11:41 PM
and on a side note with the Judkins owned FLORIDA 2x,
Ryan "Shake n Bake" Preece drove his grand father's car this past speedweeks....

p.s. Someone should check on that "Shake n Bake" That phrase has to be copywritin somewhere by someone...(will farrel maybe??)

We're a bit off the start of this thread, but here goes:

"Shake 'n Bake" is a copyrighted product of Kraft Foods.

It is most notably recognized by:

1. The Shake 'n Bake commercial where the child asks: "can I help?" and
2. Talledega Night asked permission and was granted permisssion to use the
phrase as the two main characters thought it was a "cool name for them
as the two words rhymed".....

I really need a life!!! :help: Linda Case