PDA

View Full Version : Why There Are No Thrillers

RaceFan
06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I first want to start by stating that I used to Love going to watch the races at Mountain Speedway, even though we pay 14 bucks a week to get in, which is insane. We went from Dirt racing to Asphalt because the track was closer. Needless to say we are going back to Dirt. The childish antics in the stand and pits are ridicules. First of all, the race director should NOT be able to have a car in any class, Especially when favoritism is involved. I know for a fact that Adams is illegal, does he ever get checked/dq'd, no, only because the race director built his motor, and knows what to check on him and what not to check on him. He knows what is cheated in that car, as well as do we. Each week I sit in the stands and put up with Adam's family taunting people. I watch the track welder throw his hands up to the audience as he walks off the track with Adams last week when he won. I watch some girl week after week with the Adams crew taunt a child, time and time again. There is only so much a person/crew can take. We know Adams, you are great and we'll see how well you do next year when you have to move up a class, however with a race director calling the shots, I’m sure you’ll do well. 5-6 thrillers racing is very sad to see. I hope that Joe C. can see why there is no one in the stands week after week and the cars and getting less and less, unless the modifieds are running. If the track wants to gain fans and cars, lets start by putting an end to the nonsense. Let's consider ending the favoritism and not allowing a race director, first of all call the shots for his own car. I can assure you the rest of the fans are getting tired of the nonsense as well. FIVE MILE POINT HERE WE COME BACK AGAIN!!

Zcar
06-01-2008, 11:14 PM
While I hate to get involved, I will only comment to stand up for myself and to let people know the real story. First of all, the race director doesn’t have a car in the field. I have a car in the field. Me, my dad and my sponsors. Morgantini Racing Engines builds my engines, as they do for many others.

Second, if you are so sure my car is illegal, don’t just claim the car is illegal, state what, in fact, you believe is illegal. Clearly, we (myself, tech, other cars in the class) don’t know what you are referring to. Car owners and drivers may contest any car in their division.

Third, when in the stands, and you don’t have a car in the field, let alone a driver at the track, don’t get out of your seat and get in the faces of people trying to enjoy the race. The way you talk and act to in front of your kids, and in front of other people’s kids who have to hear your mouth and see the vulgar gestures from your crew, is disgusting.

Taunting a child? Anything said to your group (which has involved no cursing) has been instigated by your continuous insults and hand gestures. I feel bad when any child in the stands has to see your groups behavior. My wife has even told you to stop cursing because kids are around.

It’s no wonder your kids curse at other fans, look who their role models are. My fans even changed seats to get away from you.

If you have any further complaints, try taking them up with me rather then the forum.

Scott Adams
#68 Thriller
570-824-7446

Trestle
06-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Scott,

I don't know the stuff that goes on in the pits as I have never been there and I know the rules state if you suspect a car of running illegal you can have what you believe is illegal checked so I am with you there.

However a few weeks back I was sitting above your group of fans. I believe it was family though I am not sure. You had the door closed on you going into turn one and all of the sudden a young lady with your group of fans began screaming to another group of fans and telling them how bad their driver was and he didn't deserve to be on the track with you (not word for word but do I really need to go there).

Now to be 100% fair I saw nothing between the two groups at all during the rest of the day until this happened. It really turned me off of you as a driver mostly because you have been doing so well this year and ended up winning the race. Then the young lady who started the argument went down to stand with you in winners circle. To me that means she represents your team. I can see when people get hot when they lose but poor sportsmanship when you are winning is even worse.

Again I believe you are a great driver Scott. I am sure there are more things involved with the whole thing that I didn't see however as just a fan coming to watch good racing action I can only tell you what my first impressions are.

LongIslandJam
06-02-2008, 06:58 AM
Bingo. That's the process that any racer should take if they feel that a car is illegal. There's always the protest.

On that note, no Unsubstantiated accusations will be tolerated. This thread is closed.

RACERX
06-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Good race this weekend for the 68. Not too hard to beat 5 cars.:disgusted
oh by the way your motor was built by the race director MARK!! lets get the story straight.:):)