PDA

View Full Version : ???? thriller car count

Maddawg
06-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Since previous thread was closed, I'll just post here. I own 2 thriller cars, the 12 and 21, the reason Eric's #21 wasn't there is He has other commitments, he is an awesome baseball player,probably college bound!!!!!!! and he had a ballgame last week, and for the next 2 weeks. "I hate schedule conflicts!!!!!" The reason my #12 hasn't been there is simple economics, and pride, I would rather watch my son race and gain experience than race myself now. Call it semi-retirement, But I'll be back in the 12 soon enough!!!!!!! We travel 70 mileseach way and the cost to tow 2 cars every week, fuel 2 cars every week, enter 2 cars every week would put me in the poor house !!!!! JUST THANK OUR GOVERNMENT FOR THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What would make alot of sence would be to alternate weeks with another division!!!!!!!!! Racing everyother week would help everyone , save a little money, give more time to repair ,improve racecars, vacation, and do the all important "HONEY DO LISTS" !!!!!!!!!! I have a feeling there are alot more drivers,owners out there who would agree with this. I even believe the car counts would grow !!!!!!!!! Do you agree or disagree ???? Please post either way, maybe mgmt will listen, maybe they won't. But if we don't voice our opinions, no one will ever know!!!!!!

Maddawg
417-12-21

LongIslandJam
06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Hey, anything's possible if there's demand for it Maddawg.

Remember, a few years ago the Late Models went every other week and it helped build them up.

The economy seems to be affecting entry level divisions across the nation. It might be a way to get the low budget teams back into the game. If everyone is for it.

Zcar
06-04-2008, 09:51 PM
A few weeks off would definitly help. Every division has had a week off except for the thrillers who don't have off till July. Except for rainouts, where you can't work around the house anyway or plan for them. I mean I'd like to race more than every other week, but a couple weekends off is nice.

RACERX
06-05-2008, 09:52 AM
In 2005 the thrillers did run every other week and we had a good field. The gas, tires, and every thing else just kills people. The class would prosper with a few weeks off during the season. :help:

ss26
06-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I also suggested that in the street stock class to run every other week until we can get the car count up and were told no and for other reasons, with the economy the way it is people have to choose between making it from week to week with the prices the way they are and racing. we love to race but it isnt as easy this year for anyone, the street stocks this year only have july 5th off, sally

pv18
06-06-2008, 04:41 PM
I should be out by the end of the month or early July. Life has been kicking my a** and the car keeps getting neglected.

Pat

thriller 34
06-07-2008, 12:45 AM
a few extra off weeks would be GREAT!!!! but not every other week....if that ever happened i think i would definately race somewhere else. and bill are you sure in 2005 it was every other week.....you ran the 00 that year and if memory serves i remember going to the track every week with my buddy steve and his thriller. also i said to someone the other day i wonder what ever happened to that verwys guy.....i never did get the chance to race against you so its good to hear of a new car coming out to play....especially one that has some experience and you dont have to worry about dogging it when it spins (everyone knows i NEVER spun out last year in my rookie season :lol:)