PDA

View Full Version : WWE at Riverhead

RovinPromotions
06-14-2008, 10:20 PM
It looked a battle Royale on the track tonite. The fans voiced their displeasure
with the way the whole thing was handled. You can't get fans in the stands with junk like that going on. :(

RGeeProductions
06-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Really? And where did this happen?

smiley27414
06-14-2008, 10:51 PM
well when u have a driver who takes out the same driver week after week what do you think? mikey coll was done wrong very wrong again this week by the 23 and track crew.WHEN WILL THEY GIVE KEVIN THE BLACK FLAG???

allhailunc
06-15-2008, 03:26 AM
and one wonders why some competitors don't come back:disgusted

jeffrey
06-15-2008, 08:28 AM
well what do you think should happen.its riverhead nothing never changes.its the old old story.if they like you you can run and do what you like.and its not only the late models.the mod race was a joke to.its nice to see the track crew go after a drive .that man should be fired.i now if i did that at my job.and even if i was right.i would be looking for a new job.good show guys.just what i want my kids to see.first the track crew shouldnt even be on the track until the cars are off the track.so its just riverhead.its the old old store nothing will never change.its gone this way sints 1985.

RPMcGrellis414
06-15-2008, 10:19 AM
well when u have a driver who takes out the same driver week after week what do you think? mikey coll was done wrong very wrong again this week by the 23 and track crew.WHEN WILL THEY GIVE KEVIN THE BLACK FLAG???

the 23 took out mikey last week the 35 and mikey again this week and not one oficial said a word to the guy, the offical who went after mikey also tried going after a fan who then got thrown out. Last night was ridiculous.:mad:

CRog00
06-15-2008, 10:26 AM
It wasn't even an official that went after Mike it was one of the track crew. The track crew should not be involved with the drivers they are just there to clean up the track.

Turbo
06-15-2008, 10:34 AM
When mikey spun his car around he almost hit that track crew guy, think thats why that happened.

RPMcGrellis414
06-15-2008, 10:41 AM
it looked like mikey did not see the track crew walking towards his car from where I was sitting mikey was as suprised as any of us to see him go after him like that

RGeeProductions
06-15-2008, 10:59 AM
When mikey spun his car around he almost hit that track crew guy, think thats why that happened.
Yes, that's what happened.
Question is: Why did Mike have to spin his car around??? Nothing would have transpired if he just pulled in like he was supposed to.

RPMcGrellis414
06-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Nothing wouldve happen if metzger didnt spin mikey out the past 2 weeks

rabbid1
06-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Its A good thing those dangerous Pepitones got suspended isnt it !!!

RGeeProductions
06-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Nothing wouldve happen if metzger didnt spin mikey out the past 2 weeks

And this now makes it right?
Sorry, there is NO EXCUSE when its a car against a person...

RACENUT
06-15-2008, 01:13 PM
i'm sure the driver of the 75 did not see the crewman walking over to the car, he was having a discussion with the # 23 at the time,. plus he was not close to getting hit at all anyway. As for going after the driver he should have been fired on the spot.

modified_fan
06-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Metzger was penalized for last week's incident by the officials. That should count for something.

I might have missed it, but I thought Metzger ran him clean this week. Perhaps not. But given last week's penalty, it certainly seemed like the 75 showed immaturity and overreacted.

This made a mockery of a latter portion of an entertaining race, and then endangered an innocent staff member.

Hopefully there will be more driving with one's smarts and skills (which the 75 clearly has a lot of), and less driving with emotion.

The Bullfather
06-15-2008, 01:33 PM
UMM, I like Mike Coll, I get along with him and we talk every week. But, that being said, he did put his car in gear and quickly spin it around. The crew member who is very dedicated and hard worker was walking with his back to the car when Mike spun around. He quickly moved and was almost hit! There is proof of this! But Mike should have drove off in a proffessional manner, his temper got the best of him, it happens. But, we should all learn from this! He almost clipped the crew member. The fan in the stand started yelling every curse word in the book and was thrown out, the track is a family place. How many kids sit in that area on the backstretch? Crew member shouldn't have gone after Mike Coll, but I understand because he was almost hit with a racecar!

maestri fan 1
06-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Well as everyone said 2 weeks in a row the 23 boots the 75. Mike DID NOT over react, he is a racecar driver and thats what happens to us when we get wrecked. We get mad. Now everyone knows the Mike spun out of anger not realizing how close he was to Charlie, now for some to say they should fire Charlie for his reaction is a joke. If I were to ever almost get hit by a car I would have done the same thing, I don't care who you are. It was emotions thats all it was. I have spoken to Mike a few times and is a very nice guy and a great driver. He was done wrong, he showed it, unfortunatly a track crew member was in the wrong place, thank God he did not get hit. But it's short track racing. It's good to see people sticking up for themselves, everyone just need to be more aware of surroundings.

KickItUp
06-15-2008, 02:56 PM
The driver should be kicked out for the season.. Not the crew member.. The track is his territory, he was in the infield, his territory.. For a driver to use his car as a weapon is ridiculous. Being where he was whenhe was, was not the place to react.. That man has a wife and 2 young children, what would have happened if he would have been hurt or worse by some stupid immature crybaby? Handle it like a man, out of your car...

jeffrey
06-15-2008, 04:16 PM
and all you guys said the late models would be good this year.we have these two meetings over the winter.you all are on the same page.more cars are comming out.trying to fined ways to keep cost down.well that ant going to happen .we will be down to about 8 to 10 late models by half way.hey ox why dont you have another meeting could help.or do you think the same.its never going to change.and to the guy who said mike coll used his car as a weapon.that is ridiculous to say.he didnt see the track crew there .he didnt go after him with his car.so i dont understand why you say weapon.so to all.its the same old old story.its never going to change.its gone on like this at Riverhead sints 1985.but hey have another meeting.we just all love each other.

nflobster
06-15-2008, 05:33 PM
i don't recall seeing mike at the meeting but it dosen't matter because he was WRONG. everybody can be a big man in a car.

Turbo
06-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I know he probably didnt see the track guy out there but unfortunate things like that end up happening. I remember years ago in the late models, forgot who won, might have been eddie d??, and the crew started running on the track and the guy who was coming around to get his revenge or talk to him ended up hitting one of the crew guys coming onto the track for victory lane, i know he didnt mean to but it happened. I think something happened to his leg, whether he broke it or not.(thats the reason why we cant come onto the track for victory lane until the guy is out of his car) Drivers gotta be aware that there are track guys who come onto the track under caution or at the end of the race.

W. J.
06-15-2008, 07:24 PM
I know he probably didnt see the track guy out there but unfortunate things like that end up happening. I remember years ago in the late models, forgot who won, might have been eddie d??, and the crew started running on the track and the guy who was coming around to get his revenge or talk to him ended up hitting one of the crew guys coming onto the track for victory lane, i know he didnt mean to but it happened. I think something happened to his leg, whether he broke it or not.(thats the reason why we cant come onto the track for victory lane until the guy is out of his car) Drivers gotta be aware that there are track guys who come onto the track under caution or at the end of the race.Same goes for those "Cup type" burnouts some like to do after they win. Twice already I've seen drivers almost hit someone on the infield, as they tried to blow up their motors and burnout those oh-so-expensive tires! Let's remember there are working people of varying types that are on that infield at all times, and put a stop to this nonsense! While I know exuberance is hard to control after you win a feature race, everyone needs to find a less expensive and safer way to express it before someone gets badly hurt. J/M/O

Golf Guy
06-15-2008, 09:08 PM
and all you guys said the late models would be good this year.we have these two meetings over the winter.you all are on the same page.more cars are comming out.trying to fined ways to keep cost down.well that ant going to happen .we will be down to about 8 to 10 late models by half way.hey ox why dont you have another meeting could help.or do you think the same.its never going to change.and to the guy who said mike coll used his car as a weapon.that is ridiculous to say.he didnt see the track crew there .he didnt go after him with his car.so i dont understand why you say weapon.so to all.its the same old old story.its never going to change.its gone on like this at Riverhead sints 1985.but hey have another meeting.we just all love each other.

To get on Roger Oxee's case for trying to improve the Late Model division just show's how small minded and imature you are...

The Bullfather
06-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Get back on the subject! Roger Oxee had nothing to do with this situtation! Why bring it up, you know it's going to cause a big stir!

chris061
06-15-2008, 09:29 PM
It is amazing to me how far things can get off topic! Roger first off, Is a class act, And thats the end of the story! The guy loves to race these cars and he was the One person that stepped up and is trying to make this better.As far as mike, What he did on the infield, It was wrong,BUT he didnt see the guy. However i would like to see how everyone else that are bleecher drivers would handle the situation if you got spun by the same car 2 times in 2 weeks!Like everone says there is nobody that uses the outside groove anymore, like in the past, now its either a train race or the good old hit dive and drive move.In my mind if he was that much faster than mike he should use the outside groove and if you only want to use 1 line than try drag racing ! That is how i see it ! But i may be wrong.

LongIslandJam
06-15-2008, 09:37 PM
OK, sounds like everyone is playing the blame game here (even with some innoncent parties being brought into the fray).

First off, if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. It took a lot of guts to form the late model meetings. More good came out of it than what is on paper. Three meetings won't solve many years of problems, but at least the first steps have been made.

Secondly, any retaliatory action from a driver on the track is dangerous, no matter who started it. Mike's been on both sides of that coin. I'm sure his intent wasn't to hurt Charlie, but that's why drivers shouldn't take matters into their own hands.

Thirdly, Charlie had every right to be angry but, yes, track crew workers need to maintain a professional demeanor. However, sometimes your humanity kicks in.

Final note, this is a case where people's passions for the sport got channeled in the wrong direction.

It's a sad event, but when folks are into what they do, sometimes they go a little overboard.

This thread has gone far off topic, but I see that many feel similarly to the above conclusion. Let's move on... There's quite a bit going well for the Late Models despite this unfortunate incident.