PDA

View Full Version : 6/15/08 Results

Geno
06-15-2008, 07:20 PM
PA Asphalt Mod Champ Series Rd #3 (75-laps)
Pos No. Name
1 59 Matt Hirshman
2 34 Rusty Smith
3 53 Brian Defebo
4 6 Billy Pauch Jr
5 5 Kyle Ebersole
6 68 Johnny Bush
7 27 Andy Walko
8 17 Chris Whitenight
9 7 Lewis Hallock
10 55 Steve Tooker
11 55X Steven Reed
12 87 Tommy Flanagan
13 1X Chris Ammon
14 7 Eric Kocher
15 4 Barry Callavini
16 27B Barry Buchman
DNS 8 Earl Paules
DNS 8N Nevin George
DNS 41 Todd Baer
DNS 59H Don Holland

Late Model (30-laps)
Pos No. Name
1 0 Paul Koehler
2 20 Joe Hoffman
3 37 Jim Lamoreaux
4 8 Travis Fisher
5 88 Ricky Ross Jr
6 11A Tony Volpe
7 454 Mike Radocha Jr
8 20L Dave Luff
9 35 Joseph Burns
10 61 Frank Hughes
11 53 Brian Defebo
12 58 Earl Paules
13 1 Frank Katona
14 D11 Mike Sweeney
15 0 Geno Steigerwalt
16 24 Augie Hahn
DNS 732 Dan Berlitz

Street Stock (25-laps)
Pos No. Name
1 44C Chip Wanamaker
2 461 Rich Dimarco
3 37 Ron Babula
4 85 Brian Wozniak
5 19WTS Bill Vanderveen
6 26 Scott Meckes
7 13 CJ Lehmann
8 32 Keith St Clair
9 25 Steve Shultz
10 12 Brian Sones
11 17 Josh Oswald
12 26S Michelle Mooremam

Thriller (20-laps)
Pos No. Name
1 68 Scott Adams
2 17 Mike Moyer Sr
3 66 Nick Shaw
4 34 Wayne Lowe
5 7 Mike Moyer Jr
6 8 Paul Morgan Jr
7 99 Nick Ross

gripz
06-15-2008, 10:39 PM
could someone please tell me why Earl, Nevin and Todd B did not start the race today???

Grandstand
06-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Todd did not start due to a mechanical problem possibly. Earl was not allowed to start the modified race due to a pit incident after the Late Model feature and since Nevin was driving his back up car, elected not to start the race either.

08racefan
06-16-2008, 08:34 AM
they said earl got into defebo during the late model race and spun him out, there are no marks on brian defebos late model his car got lose and spun out, an idot from brian defebos crew tom waniack"the maniac" the kid came over to earls late model over by the scales and was screaming at earl calling him every name in the book and he told earl to get out of his car and he would take care of him, well earl got out of his care and who took care of who...:lol:
They told earl he couldnt race that night so now earl is not going to mountain speedway again they lose a couple more cars now now they will have 7 mods, way to run a race track. You cant own a race track and have your son that sucks race at your track, Mike O works for tom waniacks dad so he gets away with anything. The story goes on and on but im sure most of yous know the whole story. The only reason Joe owns the track is for his son, wanack, and brian defebo have a place to be competitive at, you take them out of mountain and mahoning the do nothing. Earl Paules will never go back the Mountain "the joke" Speedway,

08racefan
06-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Todd did not start due to a mechanical problem possibly. Earl was not allowed to start the modified race due to a pit incident after the Late Model feature and since Nevin was driving his back up car, elected not to start the race either.

Todd did not start the race because he had Earl Paules motor in his racecar and chose not to run the race. But im sure Todd Baer will be back.

Grandstand
06-16-2008, 09:37 AM
I only know what was relayed. Usually, the reason someone doesn't start a race it is a mechanical problem, that is why I said "possibly".

Geno
06-16-2008, 09:45 AM
This is the only thing that I’ll say about this….

No matter who the people involved are, reacting the way that both parties did is not tolerable- not only at Mountain, but every track around.

One thing to think about though- Sitting in the stands (or booth) is much different than being behind the wheel of a race car, especially on a day like yesterday. It’s easy to sit back and say that things like that shouldn’t happen, but they do from time to time. Unfortunately, that’s part of the sport.

No one is perfect and sometimes you have to put yourself in that person’s shoes and think (without actually thinking for a second)…what would you do if you were in that situation?

BlingxBling
06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
LMAO....I almost do not know if it is even worth responding back to someone who can not complete a statement grammatically correct, but what the heck, at least it won't be a battle of wits.

I am glad something is being done when it comes to racing incidents on and off the track. I didn't attend this past Sunday's events, so I can not comment directly on what happened. However I have been around long enough to know how many of the drivers race. If you are wanting to put yourself in a position to engage in a physical fight then you are guilty, regardless of who initiated it. It is called anger management, when it comes to racing, if you do not have the ability to over come this, then you really should not be in a racecar. You are not only a liability to yourself, but also everyone else.

Happy Monday! :wave:

W. J.
06-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Very well said, Bling. It may be hard to resist the challenge to fight, but everyone knows beforehhand what will happen if you do.
So let the disgruntled go elsewhere, and when they get in a fight there, choose yet another track to race at. Eventually, they will run out of places to run, and then will have to take a long look in the mirror at the truly guilty party.

White Lightnin
06-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Years ago, I watched this same "kid" go into a rage and break the gate board that used to seperate the pits from the track at the track entrance. When the board snapped an old man was hit in the face and knocked to the ground. Now years later the same ol' "loose cannons" are acting the same ol' way. Nothing new here.:mad:

08racefan
06-16-2008, 10:26 AM
When there was a fight last week in the pits, why did both the drivers start the race and the one driver won, nothing was done then???????????????

08racefan
06-16-2008, 10:27 AM
They need to get rid of the problem and Earl Paules is not the one that has the problem....

bser83
06-16-2008, 11:07 AM
They need to get rid of the problem and Earl Paules is not the one that has the problem....

I believe Earl was part of the problem this wkend since he was the one throwing the punch. But you'll see it however you want it, what's done is done. I believe if you look back Earl has had issues with hitting people at other tracks too.

08racefan
06-16-2008, 11:45 AM
he came over to earl putting his hands in earls car, he was defending himself? He told earl to get out of his car and he did and then he called the cops like a little baby, he wants to have a big mouth and he had nothing to back it up. And inform me please of who else he hit because he never hit anyone else?

bser83
06-16-2008, 12:12 PM
There was an incident last year at Mahoning. Tommy could've pressed charges, he didn't you should be glad your favorite driver didn't get hauled off.
Throwing punches just isn't necessary, arguing, go for it. You can have whatever opinion you want. I'm not going to argue with you. Have a wonderful day :wave:

gripz
06-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Here's and idea, put a boxing ring in the infield, the ones that want to fight let them fight, and the ones that come to drive a car will do that on the same night. Just an idea!!!!!

08racefan
06-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Why doesn't every body just find something else to talk about.. The reason all this happened was because Earl and Nevin took the front row and everybody knows they would have took over that track. So some little puck that cant drive had to open his big mouth which was the wrong thing to do. He got what he wanted A BUSTED up face and maybe next time he wont open his mouth to someone that will knock him out!!! Now the mod drives up there will really have something to talk about when they win "oh i won today and they were only 6 cars there" WOW thats something to be proud of beating only 6 cars!!! It's done and over with now everybody got what they wanted Earl is gone and wont return there again. So now all u little babies that cry week after week cause Earl beat you now you can stop CRYING.. And here is some info for you all LEARN HOW TO DRIVE AND MAYBE YOU CAN WIN A RACE!!! Earl's cars are way to good for that Very poorly ran track.. One more thing.. That # 1 car got what he asked for i'm sure his face looks nice today!!!!!:)

08racefan
06-16-2008, 01:07 PM
There was an incident last year at Mahoning. Tommy could've pressed charges, he didn't you should be glad your favorite driver didn't get hauled off.
Throwing punches just isn't necessary, arguing, go for it. You can have whatever opinion you want. I'm not going to argue with you. Have a wonderful day :wave:
I really dont believe you know what you are talking about there was one incident that involved chip santee and there was definetly no punching. So I don't know who the Tommy is you are talking about but go and check your story out again

I will have a wonderful day thanks:wave:

LongIslandJam
06-16-2008, 01:42 PM
This is getting pretty ugly.

I think Geno said it best:

No matter who the people involved are, reacting the way that both parties did is not tolerable- not only at Mountain, but every track around.

One thing to think about though- Sitting in the stands (or booth) is much different than being behind the wheel of a race car, especially on a day like yesterday. It’s easy to sit back and say that things like that shouldn’t happen, but they do from time to time. Unfortunately, that’s part of the sport.

Amen. The thread is closed, let's move on.