PDA

View Full Version : Pit Party

J.D.
06-16-2008, 06:11 AM
How many think Riverhead should have a pit party before the tour race.
I think it would be a great idea, since most of the tour guys will be gone, by the time we can get into the pits after the races.

RGeeProductions
06-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I second the idea of an on-track pit party for a driver meet and greet.
As mentioned in TCH forum, this has always been very popular with a few tracks and the fans do love it.

RacinRob
06-16-2008, 10:38 AM
riverhead should do this every so often and give very division a chance to be involved!

Jaws
06-16-2008, 01:32 PM
I would love it, It would not take too much time away from the racing. The kids love to meet the drivers and see the cars close up.

unowho243
06-16-2008, 02:37 PM
i think it would be a great idea also!

*rAcIn CuTiE*
06-16-2008, 03:14 PM
About two years ago, I tried to organize one at Riverhead, but most thought it would be a waste of time as Riverhead gives you the option to come in the pits after the races which most tracks do not. I do agree that it is too late for some small children to stay up to make it into the pits which is why I offered the idea. Best of luck trying!

voodoocadoo
06-16-2008, 03:27 PM
A party would be great for fan and the kids, you can't get electric in the pits for essentiials what makes you think they would spend any money on a party?

RGeeProductions
06-16-2008, 03:40 PM
It's not a party, per say, more a greet and meet the drivers.
After time trials and heats, teams, who choose to, pull onto the track and they let the fans on to the track to view the cars and meet the drivers, that's all. Good for the fans, good for the teams.....
No food or beverages. The fans meet you face to face and gives a chance for teams to give hand outs to fans who don't/can't make it to the pits after the show. Being a shorter running night on the Tour show night, time shouldn't be a problem.

Turbo
06-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Last year I was in stafford and they had a pit party before the show and also at a hooters cup race in georgia a few years ago (both were exactly the same thing) Drivers lined there cars out on the track with buckets of candy and hero cards for the kids. Fans came out and took pictures and got autographs from the drivers. It was really a cool thing and think that is really a good idea. But I think it will be hard for Riverhead to actually agree to something like this but if they did it would be really awesome....

Tower Man
06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
At Stafford it's mandatory to participate.

RGeeProductions
06-16-2008, 05:36 PM
I LOVE Stafford's deal. Of course it is a bigger track to do this but I think on a Tour show it could be done at Riverhead.

debbie33
06-17-2008, 01:31 AM
I think it is a great idea. It is done at Stafford, Thompson and the
North South Shootout. The kids and most parents enjoy it because they get to be one on one with their favorite drivers. If you need help organizing it I would love to help you out.

j-rod
06-17-2008, 06:18 AM
this already happens,,its just after the races and its not on the track its in the pits.

J.D.
06-17-2008, 05:28 PM
I was suggesting the one they have on the track, before the races begin, to get autographs and picture cards, because by the time you get into the pits after the races, alot of racers have already left.

unowho243
06-17-2008, 05:44 PM
if we do it why would we do it on tour night? sure the drivers are more popular but theres only three divisions running that night plus enduros the pits are going to be empty that night

RGeeProductions
06-17-2008, 06:10 PM
1. many more outside people will be there so it's good pr for the drivers and the track
2. Less divisions. If we have 6 - 7 features worth of cars on a 1/4 mile track.....don't think that would cut it....size wise
JMO

h.p.
06-18-2008, 04:10 PM
could be a problem if its an impound show

randomrodder
06-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Any added liability insurance costs?

art11758
06-21-2008, 10:47 AM
I think some people are missing the point/idea here. The idea was that since there in an enduro following the features on this night, was a on the track meet and greet (pit party) with the tour drivers and cars before the features. The thought was since some teams leave early (cus they travel far or whatnot) it was an opportunity to meet them. The pits will still be open later for the regular post race festivities. Just a one shot thing based on the unique situation as I saw it. I have seen it done at Jennerstown, Stafford, and Martinsville, and I'm sure a few others. It is really simple. Please lets keep it that way.

RGeeProductions
06-21-2008, 10:51 AM
BINGO, thanks Art....

RACENUT
06-24-2008, 08:29 PM
I Went To Greenville Pickens Speedway To See Steve Park Race In The Camping World Series. It Wasn't A Pit Party I Would Call It A On Track Party. Before The Main Event The Cars Would Line Up On The Track In Their Starting Positions, Drivers Would Climb Out And Stand By Their Cars, There Would Then Be A Break And Fans Would Go Out On The Track And Get Autographs And Take Pictures Of Their Favorite Drivers. They Would Sign Anything You Gave To Them, Some Drivers Even Gave Out Autographed Pictures. This Event Was Very Simple To Have And Ran Very Smoothly And The Kids Loved It, Myself Also. This Whole Event Took About 45 Minutes For Fans To Get On And Off The Track, So I Would Say You Could Only Do One Division A Week And The Mod Tour Would Be The Perfect Series For This Event.