PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Double-Point Make-Up Race

Tracy87BB
06-16-2008, 08:57 AM
I received word from Bob Finan this morning that the 25-lap double point race that was rained out last weekend will be made up this Saturday, June 21. What that means, in essence, is that the Ernie Maynor Memorial race presented by Barrasso & Sons Mason Supplies will be a 25-lap race with double points and extra purse money to make up for the rainout.

Tommyj16
06-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Does extra money mean double money like they have done in the past

Tracy87BB
06-16-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't have an answer to that question. Sorry.

leah28racing
06-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Well it wouldn't be right if it wasn't double the money.
fIG-8S ARE SUPPOSE TO MAKE UP THE RACE. It's not suppose to be combined. So doubling the money is the least they could do since their losing a whole race out of it.
Don't know why we can't make it up on the 28th.

Tracy87BB
06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Historically speaking, races that get rained out don't get made up. If it is a regular distance single point race, it normally just becomes one less show for the season. When it is a double-point race that is rained out, they take a regular race and extend the distance and double the points. When the races got rained out just a few weeks ago on May 31, none of the regular Saturday night divisions got another race added to the schedule. The double point races were shifted to the following week - a week when both of those divisions were already scheduled to run regular distance races. Only the 4/6 cylinder truck Enduro got a new date, because they only have a single Saturday night show on the schedule.

I understand that it is a sticky situation because the rest of the divisions that were on the schedule got to run on Saturday. Unfortunately, there was nothing anyone could do about it. And I know that there is a specific number of green flags that have to be thrown (I don't know what the actual number is, sorry) before it is considered a complete night of racing. Fans get no compensation for the fact that they didn't get to see all of the races, either. Unfortunately, with any sport that takes place outside and is dependent on weather conditions, this type of situation sometimes happens.

There had been some talk last year or the year before about adding raindates, and the majority of drivers didn't like the idea. They make plans to do other things based on the schedule and their weeks off. If you made plans based on the schedule you had, I doubt you would want to be told a week (or even two) prior that you were getting a race added. All Sunday raindates are announced prior to the season, so that drivers know they should leave that other weekend free "just in case."

Just a few weeks ago, Mountain announced that they were running a Sunday randate for a Saturday race. If you go on that area of the forums, you can see that there were some people who were very unhappy with the idea. It becomes a very sticky catch-22 between the guys who want to run as many races as physically possible, and those who make other plans.

leah28racing
06-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Just going by what was said Saturday about making it up on the 28th

Tower Man
06-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Technically last Saturday's Figure 8 race started. Once the cars line up on the track, the race has begun. Years ago after loosing a race to time limits or weather, we'd run 2 features, one to start the night then the regular show.

Most of the Figure 8 drivers paid their pit fee to race. They didn't. Hopefully the extra money is at least $50 down the line.

W. J.
06-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Technically last Saturday's Figure 8 race started. Once the cars line up on the track, the race has begun. Years ago after loosing a race to time limits or weather, we'd run 2 features, one to start the night then the regular show.

Most of the Figure 8 drivers paid their pit fee to race. They didn't. Hopefully the extra money is at least $50 down the line.Yeah, Towerman, I remember that. Figure-8's on the oval. Great races! Great idea!

Duke22
06-17-2008, 11:04 AM
If the figure 8 drivers and crews paid an entrance fee and didn't race because of weather, they should be admitted this weekend at no charge. Or, if they are charged again, the purse should be doubled from top to bottom.

leah28racing
06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
:applause:right on Duke!!!!

Tommyj16
06-17-2008, 05:13 PM
W.J. the races were not on oval its was 2006 that the mods finished their feature and then ran their race as sch. and then we ran our feature after the cont. mod feature and if we were running that sat night we would have ran an extra race as well. and in the past we have ran double features and you can ask Ken Hyde who won his first feature on a double show and the times we have been finishing the night of racing we have plenty of time to run double features but all we are asking for is double money. like they have done before do to weather and time.:)

W. J.
06-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Tommyj16, I was referring to what was done at Islip. It made for interesting racing, because all had to run with cars that are set up to be neutral, due to making right and left turns normally. On the oval, they only turn left, and it is a different kind of race. They were always surprisingly good when they ran on the oval, and by requiring a different style of driving, it made for interesting finishes.

Tommyj16
06-17-2008, 06:44 PM
W.J. now that would be interesting since we don't even practice on oval anymore.

Wheel Racing
06-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah, Towerman, I remember that. Figure-8's on the oval. Great races! Great idea!

If they run the oval,than I am picking Freddy Lamac for the win in the JTL entry!:wave:

Tower Man
06-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Fred Lamac holds the record for Hold over Figure 8 wins on the oval.