PDA

View Full Version : Defebo

Edika26
06-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Does Anyone Know If The 53 Is Being Penalized For Causing The Fight Sunday Afternoon In The Late Model Race?

gripz
06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
first of all, did the guy on the 53 team start the argument with Earl????
if he did, i think both teams should be set down, you can not run a race track and have favorites racing there. it makes it so unfair to all other drivers,and teams. They did the same thing last year and lost a race team to another track. WHY,WHY,WHY, can't we have local tracks that are fair to every team that wants to race there????????

Edika26
06-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Earl Had No Clutch so when the 53 stopped and blocked earl from coming in of course the car stalled to me causing the whole thing that went on over there. He Should be set down for a couple weeks to cool off. That is the 53.

08racefan
06-18-2008, 08:09 AM
first of all, did the guy on the 53 team start the argument with Earl????
if he did, i think both teams should be set down, you can not run a race track and have favorites racing there. it makes it so unfair to all other drivers,and teams. They did the same thing last year and lost a race team to another track. WHY,WHY,WHY, can't we have local tracks that are fair to every team that wants to race there????????

Exactly what Edika said happened while Earls car was stalled coming off the track the guy from the 53 went over to Earl screaming at him and putting his hands inside Earls racecar telling him to get out of his car and he would take care of Earl....

bser83
06-18-2008, 11:01 AM
For anyone that knows the drivers, Tommy Wanick signs in under his own car, and races his own car. In fact Tommy was driving Barry's extra car this past sunday, maybe Barry's team should be penalized according to the way you guys are thinking. Just because Wanick & DeFebo are friends, doesn't make Brian responsible for what anyone else does. Again, I think it was Earl throwing the punch, Wanick didn't swing back. Anyone can run their mouth, there's nothing in the rules that says you can't voice your opinion, fighting is a totally different thing.
Stop whining about poor Earl, he is a good driver, but still pulls dirty moves out on the track. Just because you can't get your way all the time doesn't mean you should run off to some other track until they piss you off. You'll eventually run yourself right out of racing.

08racefan
06-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Thats funny because Earl ran the RoC in 2006 and won the championship. Earl NEVER even got in an argument with anyone. It just goes to show the mentalitiy of Mountain Speedway and the people that race there. I was told Tom was on Defebos team, but i think Tom should be held accountable for what happened. But we all know he wont be. And your right Earl is to good to be racing at that track...

gripz
06-18-2008, 06:05 PM
I don't care what your name is, how much money you have and how good of a driver you are, the race track is for racing a car not your fist.

Edika26
06-19-2008, 08:23 AM
In A Reply To bser83 & gripz there is a difference to voicing your oppinion. Yes everybody has a right to voice an opinion. The Right way is to cool down and go over after the race and have a man to man talk and try to work it out. The wrong way is to be in Rage Like Wanick was on sunday and go running over to the car like he did. So his actions got him what he deserved. And as for the cause of it Wanick and Defebo should be shut down for a couple weeks.

08racefan
06-19-2008, 08:28 AM
gripz and bser83 Everybody is entitled to their opinion, it’s just some people's opinions matter more than others. We will see how many cars and how good of a show it will be now that Earl wont be there. Earl really dont care about what people are saying because he knows that Sunday was not his fault everyone can say what they want.:cool:

08racefan
06-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Very well said Edika26:applause::applause::applause:

gripz
06-19-2008, 09:45 AM
That was my opinion, and like you said everyone has one. As for who was right or wrong, fighting is not the answer. If everyone was left to do whatever they want,the tracks would be shut down and us as fans would pay the price. So 08racefan you will never find a track that is perfect, because people like you will always find something fight about. GET OVER IT!!!!

EricaR
06-19-2008, 09:49 AM
This is taken directly out of the General rules section of the 2008 Mountain Speedway rules. I'm not saying what should be done, I'm not agreeing with one side or the other, everyone has the right to their own opinions on the subject.

As far as I know, nothing is being done to DeFebo or Wanick, and the rules below can help explain why. There was no retaliation by Wanick or DeFebo. Like stated in above posts, there is nothing in the rules that says that you aren't allowed to yell and scream at another competitor, I think it's par for the course in racing.

Everyone sees things differently, depending on who's team you are working with. Both Brian and Earl should have been more concerned with getting strapped into their modifieds and getting out on the track after the Late Model feature, and it seems that Brian was doing just that. Brian cannot be held responsible for what Tom Wanick said or did, Brian walked away to get into the mod. As far as Tom yelling at Earl, like I said above, nothing wrong with that, Earl should have gotten into his mod. I'm sure that after a 75 lap Modified race, Earl would have cooled down, and there would have been no fight. Walking away is always your best option.

We don't like to see any cars go to another track to race, for whatever reason. In this day and age with track all over closing, and the ecomony playing a huge role in racers wallets, it was fantastic to see 21 modifieds at Mountain this weekend. However, we also don't like seeing fights, no matter who started them, it takes a bigger man to walk away from one.

3. Everyone entering the pit area will be considered, for all intents and purposes, a participant in the night's racing event. Participants will be fined a sum of $250.00 and suspended for two weeks, for the following behavior:

A. Abuse of any kind directed against Mountain Speedway officials. This will include, but are not limited to, verbal abuse in any form, any type of physical assault, or disregarding instructions from speedway officials.

B. Abuse of any kind, or acts directed against employees of Mountain Speedway, patrons, or other participants in that night's event. Fines imposed for any form of assault upon another individual in the pit area, after being collected from the person at fault, will be split between the speedway and the victim. Anyone entering the pit area of another participant will be automatically considered at fault in such situations. If retaliatory action takes place both parties will be considered at fault and fined. In all cases, the parties at fault will be subject to arrest and prosecution by local law enforcement officials.

08racefan
06-19-2008, 10:43 AM
This will be the last thing i say, When Earl was coming off of the track in the late model race Brian Defebo stopped his late model right off the exit of the track, Earl was right behind him and had no clutch so his car stalled and he was sitting there, resulting in waniak coming up to earls window putting his hands in the car, that track will never change, the same people will keep getting away with what ever they want, just look at the car count.......He will go to the other tracks North Carolina, and Flordia

EricaR
06-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Although I hate to see him go to another track, I wish him the best of luck where ever he chooses to race.

Edika26
06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
EricaR Not Being Rood But You Must Have Been At The Wrong Track If It Happened Like You Said Because As I Said Before If Defebo Would Have Drove To His Pit This Whole Mess Would Not Have Happened. Earl Was Forced To Stop Coming Off The Track Pinning Him There So how was he supposed to get to his pit.

BlingxBling
06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
:rolleyes: Ed...um, maybe proceeding to his pit area like an adult? I know in some cases this may be too much to ask. This is not grade school. Two words, ANGER MANAGEMENT! As Erica said, just because someone is yelling and waving their hands in your car does not give you the right to climb out and punch them in the face. Regardless of who you are, even if your name is Earl Paules...it is not acceptable. For Earl to be leaving the track, the only ones who seem to be upset about it is his posse...

Have a happy day all!

Trestle
06-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Meh I have had to work the last few weeks and missed going to the mountain. I dont see how you can defend someone stopping a car to block another car so someone can go up screaming in the window. Fine he was screaming at him if he stuck his hands anywhere in the car that is the start of it right there. He is the one that crossed the personal space. I wish Earl would have held back and not retaliated but I can understand if some raging lunitic was screaming at me with his hands in my car right in my face I would get POed too. The fact that Defebo is now the points leader seems kind of ironic to me. (Please dont get me wrong I like to watch him race.) I think both "TEAMS" should have been punished for the actions. However if Earl stops racing at the mountain I hope he does well where ever he goes. I will say I think I have made my last trip to the mountain over this one and I wasnt even there.

BlingxBling
06-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Although attending Big Diamond is not outside of the normal for Earl, it appears as though the grass on the other side isn't always greener.

June 20, 2008 during the sportsman race....
"Brad Brightbill and Earl Paules made heavy contact on the backstretch, which flipped Paules’ car over the bank on the backstretch. Corey Renninger was also involved in the hard crash. Nobody was injured in the nasty red flag accident."

behler29
06-26-2008, 05:08 PM
What is your point Amanda? It is no secret that Earl races at Big Diamond every Friday night and has done so for awhile. I'm not sure what that has to do with the grass not being greener.

brittainfan
06-26-2008, 05:50 PM
I know I'm jumping in late here.. but here it goes..

I dont think that anyone is disputing the fact that due to Earl fighting, he should not of raced that day.. and he didnt.. but.. MOST EVERYONE is questioning the fact that this Tom dude, invaded Earl's space, INCLUDING in his car.. and NOTHING happened to HIM or the team he was associated with... I dont care if this guy was "only yelling" and not being physical. His hand is inside the cockpit of the racecar.. Game on.. Let the DRIVERS handle what happens on the track.. That is where the issue of FAVORITISM is brought up.

Like the previous poster said, I'm not sure what bringing up a RACING incident at Big Diamond has anything to do with the grass is greener.. unless the incident at Big Diamond involved favoritism.. and I'm fairly certain it didnt.

Also, I would think that someone who is promoting a late model series would DEEPLY care about a late model drivers opinion about a race track, even if that person doesn't necessarily agree with that drivers opinion.

We have raced with Earl for many years and while we may have had some run ins with him, we still remain his friend and do not have any sort of problem with how he conducts himself, on or off the race track. He's a racer, who brought 3 race cars to Mountain Speedway and now Mountain has, at least temporarily, lost those cars. In this economy, every car matters to a race track.

Just my 2 cents worth.. on my first post.. :cheers:

LongIslandJam
06-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I need to step in and clarify something. I am the promoter of the late model series. We are indepedent of Mountain Speedway, although we do share ties.

This incident is over a week old. Both parties have had their say and the truth lies within. This thread is closed and let's hope both parties (who, by the way are great racers with some good people behind them) move forward.