PDA

View Full Version : Note on Pit Dress Code

Tracy87BB
06-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Just as an FYI, I was given a clarification about the pit dress code that was handed down from raceway management this past weekend. It has been stressed since the winter meetings that there are no shorts and no open-toed shoes allowed. Just to clarify, "no shorts" includes capris, short pants, etc. Everyone in the pits is expected to be in long pants and closed-toed shoes, otherwise you will not be admitted into the pit area. I believe that this will be enforced beginning this Saturday, June 21.

vsmidge68
06-18-2008, 02:14 PM
:disgusted:(:disgusted:(:disgusted:(

smiley27414
06-18-2008, 03:00 PM
so i quess when its 95 degresss we should call stay home!!!! its really unfair to the drivers!!!! i can see why they made this rule for saftey but when its over 90 shorts and capris should be aloud!! is this rule or everyone or will the favorites get to wear shorts adn capris?:mad::mad::mad::mad:

KickItUp
06-18-2008, 05:39 PM
I believe it is a NASCAR rule, and we are a NASCAR track.. The officials are fully clothed and working in the same 95 degree heat I am, so I do not have an issue with it.. Bring extra water, ice, rags, make friends with someone who has AC in their trailer..

If you were to go to most tracks these days, they all have that same rule.. And they even enforce the no tank top rule too..

If you really have an issue with it, you could always wear shorts under your pants and hang out in the spectator area when you can, to cool off or what not.. Put the jeans back on for the pits..

Richie
06-18-2008, 06:46 PM
No shorts AND no tank tops. What are we going to watch between races????????????

*rAcIn CuTiE*
06-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Actually the NASCAR rule is that your leg attire must cover to below your knees. Went to many Busch races last year, stood in the pit and sat on top of the pit box the one night in capris, never a complaint from a NASCAR offical. Wonder if these clothing rules are going to change from week to week, thats what it looks like!

Oh and they changed the rule to allow tank tops now, some relief from the heat..lol

Ka$h25
06-19-2008, 01:09 AM
I haven't even been out there and this really bothers me. lol

Maybe I'll protest by wearing bright green *FULL LENGTH* spandex.

If that don't work, I'll get my dad to. :eek:

debbie33
06-19-2008, 02:01 AM
The tour lets you wear shorts, tank tops, capri's and opened toe shoes ONLY if you are not touching a racecar.
I think that is how it should be at Riverhead also. If you aren't coming in direct contact with a racecar you should be able to wear whatever is comfortable for you. Just my opinion because I am a flip flop freak!!!!

DriveitinDeep
06-19-2008, 08:44 AM
and we have seen those flip flops come off in a heart beat, lol

leah28racing
06-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I think it is way to hot some days to be wearing long pants and shirt. Long pants maybe if your working on the car. But people have to breath too. Whats wrong with a tank top?
Saying "no one in the stands.......
They would actually make more money if the prices were less cause more people would come to watch the races no?

I know a few drivers that stop racing because everything is more. The travel there ,to get in etc. But the purses haven't changed, That's why car count hasn't been so hot either.

Oh and i really don't want to see TK in bright green spandex lol. Anyone for that matter

W. J.
06-19-2008, 12:55 PM
It's a safety issue, pure and simple. Uncomfortable, yes! Inconvenient, maybe. In the best interest of your own health and safety, definitely.

If a jagged piece of metal is sticking out of a car or laying on the ground, and you pass by closely and don't see it, which would you rather have happen; it rips your pants, or rips directly into your exposed skin? It's the same reason people wear gloves to work on these cars.

The rule was relaxed for many years, people took advantage, wore all kinds of inappropriate clothing, and the track had to crack down and enforce the rule. I'd prefer to wear shorts on a really hot day, but if this is the rule, then so be it that I wear pants and protect myself from harm.

And I agree with Leah, no one should be dressed in green spandex, ugh!!!

randomrodder
06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
There goes my plans on wearing a thong on those hot summer nights at Riverhead.

Hollywood
06-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Randomrodder posts:
"There goes my plans on wearing a thong on those hot summer nights at Riverhead."

HAAHAHAHA You might put an eye out! Then you'll have to sue VS! :lol::lol:

RickFigure8
06-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Tom'll wear red but you don't have a shot in hell of getting him in green.

art11758
06-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Tom'll wear red but you don't have a shot in hell of getting him in green.

That's some funny stuff right there......

Tower Man
06-21-2008, 10:39 AM
This rule at Riverhead is due in part to some of the frivolous law suits they have been hit with in the past couple of years.

rabbid1
06-21-2008, 11:35 PM
There was a dog in the pits today ....... And he wasn't wearing long pants !!!!
Pete Thanks for the nickname !