PDA

View Full Version : pitting at g-view

STU
06-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Any rule changes on pitting, remember where the pit gate is at that track. It will be tough to make that hard right turn during the race, but possible. Any thoughts?

Maddawg
06-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I think pitting in the infield could work. Some rules need to be enforced like--
A.only2 crew members per car---others can help from different team also.
B. they MUST stay by the fire trucks during race.
C. drivers can only enter "pits" from front straight
D. drivers can only re-enter from back straight
E. most important--- drivers must maintain SAFE speedlimit while in pits!!!!!!!!!
__________Some other rules may need to be followed, at the discretion of Track management, and Neets officials!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

dirtmodfan
06-19-2008, 11:59 PM
I agree with you guys. There is no way to pit during the race unless you can pit in the infield.

CJfilms
06-20-2008, 08:05 AM
First off...has anyone been pit-side at Grandview recently? Even with pit-side admission, we were not allowed onto the track surface, not even into the infield...

If Grandview speedway prohibits infield pitting, then end of story, no infield pitting.

I will put a call into finding out if this is a possibility, but remember, this is an enduro!!! Pitting may not be an option here at Grandview...this may be something you will have to live with for now until we come up with something...but sit tight, I will/should have an answer for you this coming week!

Also, I like the 2 to a car idea for pitting in the infield...only one problem...if we have 100 cars, that's 200 people in the infield! The infield is not big enough to house AND PROTECT that many people.......Besides, we would not allow 2/car...NEETS drivers are like family, you would not need 2 of your own crew, everyone helps each other out!

rpkulik
06-20-2008, 01:57 PM
We don't need no steenkin' pits!

gutter7
06-22-2008, 10:38 AM
let em run on flats. Wink you got a a ride for "LIL Dude"?

STU
07-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Any final word on this issue yet?