PDA

View Full Version : anyone else hear this?

Wannaberacer
06-22-2008, 06:38 PM
I was in the car on my way home from riverhead on saturday night. We had wbab on the radio. I actually heard and advertisement for riverhead raceway. It was about the show next week. Did anyone else hear it? I was suprised, I don't think I've ever seen or heard any advertising for the track.

jeffrey
06-22-2008, 08:54 PM
its on the radio all week.i hear it all day on the radio at work.it started at the beginning of the year.so yes they are try at least to advertise a little about the track.its a good sign at least.

RGeeProductions
06-22-2008, 09:02 PM
I heard it Thursday and Friday on WBAB.
Nice work on the track's part for this......

Gravel
06-23-2008, 01:05 AM
I spoke with Mike C. last night and told him about getting the word out. I'm in about 100 homes a month, and when I see racing stuff I bring up the subject. 95 out of 100 didn't know that the track was still open. After I tell them, they say they'll plan a trip out to see. Getting the word out, righht know is the biggest thing we can do.

Golf Guy
06-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Newsday even has some video footage inside a demo car from last Sat night online today.

But I have to agree, we have pics of many race cars hanging inside the Golf Shop and many customers say "to bad they closed the race track down." I have to explain we are still out there racing. Hopefully the commercials will help get the word out and WBAB is a good station to do it on.

Turbo
06-23-2008, 09:00 AM
80% of the customers that come into my job think its closed

Jaws
06-23-2008, 09:32 AM
100 % of people I tell I am going to Riverhead for the races say" I thought they closed that place years ago!

Good job with the ads.

Tracy87BB
06-23-2008, 09:34 AM
According to Bob Finan, there will also now be advertising for the track on Newsday.com mid-week on a weekly basis. There is also advertising being run on WLNG 92.1 in Sag Harbor.

Very positive moves.

And we can all help just by spreading the word to as many people as we all can.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

RovinPromotions
06-23-2008, 04:36 PM
And hopefully in the near future they will aslo have spots on 103.9 WRCN which is infact originally a Riverhead based radio station:wave:

randomrodder
06-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Takes money to make money. Advertising is the life blood of any business venture.

Ka$h25
06-24-2008, 01:01 AM
What about getting race results posted in the sports section of Newsday? Sounds like free advertising to me.

J.D.
06-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Its about time they started advertising, theres a lot of competition today,entertainment wise.
I was at the double point show for the Modifieds, I didn't think there were many people in the stands. Hopefully this will help.

Tracy87BB
06-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Ka$h25, the results from Saturday and Sunday are in Newsday every Tuesday. This has been the case for the last three years, and they have not missed a week. From what I am told, Tuesday is just a better day for Newsday to do this.

Bob Finan informs me that Marshall Lubin got the ball rolling on this, and it wouldn't hurt for him to get some "thank you" email at marshall.lubin@newsday.com.