PDA

View Full Version : Nascar WHELEN Mod Tour on Speed

kinserfan11
06-23-2008, 03:58 PM
12:00n-1:30P fRIDAY July 18
SPEED
NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour New England 100. New Hampshire Intl. Speedway, Loudon, NH, June 28/08, N

ModTourMan
06-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks kinserfan11! I finally have DVR so I have it locked in already!

kinserfan11
06-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Anyone know when the Martinsville race will be televised?:cheers:

CareyandCoffey
06-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Hopefully someone will coach the guys calling the race on the pronunciation of the drives names this year. It will also be nice if they new which driver drove what car instead of saying things like "The blue car just passed the white car on turn 1 for the lead".

Teds Race Tours
06-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Hopefully someone will coach the guys calling the race on the pronunciation of the drives names this year. It will also be nice if they new which driver drove what car instead of saying things like "The blue car just passed the white car on turn 1 for the lead".

You mean Kyle isn't announcing? That Sucks!!!!

Howie
06-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I was told yesterday by two people, one who works for Speed, that Speed had scrapped the plans to broadcast todays WMT race from NHMS. (Scheduled to be broadcast on July 18). This would be a shame 'cause it was one of the best, if not the best races ever at NHMS. Since TV cameras were there showing the race on the jumbotron, I'm hoping there is a way to broadcast something after seeing what a great race it was. If there isn't, what a shame that is.

randomrodder
06-28-2008, 06:06 PM
The Mods never get enough respect. Ok, so corporate America doesn't see enough $$$$ in it. Show it at 1am.

MOD JUNKIE
06-28-2008, 06:20 PM
while the mods were racing speed had school bus demolition derby on, stinks!

RGeeProductions
06-28-2008, 07:56 PM
SPEED TV does still have it on their tv schedule online.
12pm, Racing Across America.
http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/filter/date/2008-7-18
Let's pray they keep it there.

Howie
06-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I understand that Speed had all intentions of broadcasting the race. The reason it didn't happen is Speed had to share the production truck with TNT but TNT was using the truck for other activities so it was unavailable to Speed.

MOD JUNKIE
06-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I understand that Speed had all intentions of broadcasting the race. The reason it didn't happen is Speed had to share the production truck with TNT but TNT was using the truck for other activities so it was unavailable to Speed.

and so the story goes,:mad:

KyleMac45
06-29-2008, 09:38 AM

How do you only have on TV truck? GEEZ!!!

Kyle

CareyandCoffey
06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I was told on Sunday in the media center that the race would NOT be broadcast on Speed. But I'm NOT a reporter or a journalist or anything like that, so what the heck do I know? = ). I love my job.

hollywoodmic
07-01-2008, 11:10 AM
As for what CandC said, the announcing deal on the recent TV broadcasts it is just embarassing. Way back when I announced the race weekend at RIR, for the Modifieds and the Truck Series. ESPN 2 did the broadcast back then. I was in the booth right next to Benny Parsons and Dave Despain. I had a wireless mic. Whenever they went to commercial they called me over for information and back stories. 1 hour before the race they took the time to come up in the booth I was working in. They got as much info on pronunciation and any back stories I could give them to help the broadcast stand out for the modified guys. Dave Despain told me that the boys deserved a good show due to limited TV time.

kinserfan11
07-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I just checked Speed TV site and it still says at 12pm est to 130pm est Whelen Loudon and at 130pm to 3pm est it says Camping World Series At Irwindale Speedway ?:cheers: