PDA

View Full Version : Time Limit?????

DriveitinDeep
06-29-2008, 10:37 AM
It would seem that the powers at be don't use the same watch as the rest of us. We come here to race for the full 45 minutes if need be, good or bad. Last night we were given 25 minutes because of what maybe the weather might be. You didn't gain a thing.
The Late Models had a bad night ( that's for another post ) but give us our due as far as time goes. You've certainly done it for the Modifieds and others more then once this season by going over the time limit, but to short change us because we are having a bad night and it might rain......... give me a break JMO

Jeff T
06-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Again, well said. Please explain this to us...Why did the truck race get multiple chances to finish their race (which went beyond the time limit) and the Late Models were not given that option????

Golf Guy
06-29-2008, 09:45 PM
The Late Models are to be the 2nd headline divison at the track. They should be given every chance to finish their race. Every division is going to have a bad night or two, the nature of the beast on a short track. I feel the early finish was not just and hopefully we will get every chance to finish the rest of the way in.

Ka$h25
07-01-2008, 02:14 AM
I would venture to guess it's no coincidence. While there is one thread talking about the division getting no respect from the officials, and another about there being no respect between the drivers it's obvious this division is in some trouble. The biggest shame of it all is that this division contains some of the premiere drivers at Riverhead.

As for Saturday night, I didn't see the race - nor hear anything of it. But I would think the way it usually goes is if two or three wrecks carry out and the race exceeds the limit -- they'll let it slide with the thought that it's not the drivers faults, rather just poor circumstances. On the other hand, if there is caution- after caution- after caution. The officials will most likely start counting down until they can call it final. So if the Late Model race was a victim of the former circumstance then I'd cry foul. But if it's the latter, I don't blame them one bit.

Ka$h25
07-01-2008, 02:27 AM
The Late Models are to be the 2nd headline divison at the track.

This may have been true 5 years ago, but the talent pool has slimmed, and the overall car count has drastically declined.

They should be given every chance to finish their race.

You might say that, until you/your driver/your car is the next car in the wall. Especially if weather was a variable, if they hadn't called it, there might be others on here saying "They could of called the race and spared my race car". As always these things are irreversible, I'm sure both sides could be argued for days, but what's done is done -- Go get em' next week.

Tower Man
07-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Hey Ka$h25, the presidential primaries are over. You sound like a politician. Are you running for S.A.F.E.R. president?

Only kidding cuz...

FERGBIZZ
07-01-2008, 12:19 PM
lol, seriously Ka$h25, could you post in racetrack language from now on?