PDA

View Full Version : grumbleings in the pits

fastgal
06-30-2008, 09:51 AM
i've been pondering this over the weekend. how do the officials let the 3 car out when his tires are sticking 32 to 34? who made the call to let him out? there was talk over the radio about it but no action. i talked to a couple of owners about it and they tell me their tires are in the 44 to 50 range. i was also told his tires were checked after the race which is bull. checked by who? the car wasn't even over in tech. if blatent stuff like this is allowed for a select few they better not all of the sudden make somebody "the poster child of the week" if it cannot or will not be policed then don't start now.

sobe
06-30-2008, 09:55 PM
how do you know what they read????????

nflobster
06-30-2008, 10:11 PM
by radio probably means 461.200 which is the frequency the nascar people use at riverhead. get a scanner and listen in because sometimes they watch a certain car for rough riding and as a radio guy (thats if you listen in like they do at mountain) you can calm your driver down.

fastgal
06-30-2008, 10:28 PM
yes over the scanner

jeffrey
07-01-2008, 06:20 PM
The officials at riverhead now who is doing it and who ant.i talk to bob park evrey saturday after the night is over.and he was not very happy this week.he said that there are guys out here messing with there tires and that the track the officials arent doing a thing about it.And i think a guy like him would now if it was going on or not.so ya they are still doing it.park said they should go back to selling the tires back at the track.so my ? is should they go back to selling the tires back at the track.or should the drivers be able to do what they want with there tires.

W. J.
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
I haven't seen that yellow 19 out there for years. When did BOB Park come back to Riverhead?

RacinRob
07-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I think i'd knwow if he was there lol..only yellow 19s around that track nowadays is mine W.J lol

jeffrey
07-02-2008, 05:59 AM
bill park sorry.#20.

nitros77
07-02-2008, 08:41 AM
It's been going on for years no matter where you buy the tires it will continue to happen.

Mortgage Guy
07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I say if it is happening let them all do it, it makes for better racing anyway.

Ka$h25
07-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I say if it is happening let them all do it, it makes for better racing anyway.

Tire softener makes for better racing? Or everyone being on the same playing field makes for better racing? I'm not sure why tire softener would have a positive effect on racing, if thats so, can't they just use softer tires? If the even playing field makes for better racing then I think that is the topic at hand, and wouldn't it be more rational to enforce the rules you have, rather then discard them?

Mortgage Guy
07-03-2008, 06:42 AM
Well yes and no, if you try and enforce your rules there is always someone who is going to try and cheat. If you open it up for tire soaking then yes they are on a level playing field and you won't have this follow the leader racing that you have been getting all year from the modifieds. The tires are just not as well made as they used to be and the track hasn't been touched or paved since I think 1991, so soaking I feel would make for better more competitive racing. JMO

W. J.
07-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Tires cost more than enough already. Allowing soaking would drive that cost up for everyone, and not all are willing to add that extra expense. So, enforcement of the rule, with some stiff penalties for those caught, would also level the playing field.
Enforcement is easier than raising the cost of racing, which would force more teams to part time schedules.

Ka$h25
07-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Tires cost more than enough already. Allowing soaking would drive that cost up for everyone, and not all are willing to add that extra expense. So, enforcement of the rule, with some stiff penalties for those caught, would also level the playing field.
Enforcement is easier than raising the cost of racing, which would force more teams to part time schedules.

Exactly, perhaps it won't make so much of a difference in the Modifieds, but take the Late Models or Chargers for example, you're putting even greater distance between the well financed teams and the budget teams. And it would be tough to tell the Modifieds they can do it, but no one else can.

fastgal
07-03-2008, 11:04 AM
like i said in the first post if they can not or will not enforce the policy dont start now because the season is half over and i dont think there will ever be 100% compliance

jeffrey
07-03-2008, 06:11 PM
why do you think riverhead dosent want you guys to be soaking your tires.because they would be lossing alot of money.dosent riverhead get money from evrey tire they sell.if you soak your tires you could run that set for at least two weeks.we used to soak are tires all the time.and it saved us alot of money.so soaking dose work and it will save the drivers money.why dose a drive want to soak there tires then if it wasent going to save them money or make there car any better.it would be a waist of time then.so i say let them soak there tires it be better racing and would save the drivers money.

str8up
07-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Why bother having rules if the officials aren't going to follow them.