PDA

View Full Version : Modified tire meeting

14SMOKE
07-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Bill Park asked me to post the following message for him:

Immediately following last weeks modified feature, again on Sunday and continuing at 8:15am Monday morning, several modified drivers as well as others contacted me with regard to the inaction by the officials to enforce the current tire rule. I am trying to put together a drivers meeting before Saturday to discuss what can be done. You must have competed in all 8 shows this season to attend (drivers only). I am not sure where the meeting will be held, possibly my house depending on response. If you are interested in improving the tire situation at Riverhead, contact me A.S.A.P.

Thank You,
Bill Park

Tower Man
07-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Do I see a return of DAPO?

Rich Mergl
07-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Whats DAPO?
WILD GUESS: Drivers Against Poor Officiating?

Rich Mergl
07-04-2008, 09:56 PM
2ND Wild Guess at DAPO
Drivers Are Pi$$ed Off

Fat Albert
07-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I'd say you nailed on the first "wild guess", Rich!

Tower Man
07-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I think I still have my shirt pin. Ah yes, I remember the plane circling the track with the banner.

With all due respect, nothing against any of the officials. All in fun....

bulldozer
07-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Saw the sniffer there checking tires i guess everyone is good.So lets not hear that each winner is cheating with softer tires.

Hollywood0711
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Bill Park asked me to post the following message for him:

Immediately following last weeks modified feature, again on Sunday and continuing at 8:15am Monday morning, several modified drivers as well as others contacted me with regard to the inaction by the officials to enforce the current tire rule. I am trying to put together a drivers meeting before Saturday to discuss what can be done. You must have competed in all 8 shows this season to attend (drivers only). I am not sure where the meeting will be held, possibly my house depending on response. If you are interested in improving the tire situation at Riverhead, contact me A.S.A.P.

Thank You,
Bill Park

Well what do you think will seriously happen? There is no official's doing anything out there laying down the law. Riverhead has turned into a joke. I get a weekly report of how uninteresting the races have become especially the Mods, the highlight of the night.. Ha it has become a joke. You all need to start over and quit playing favorites, and start doing something. I have been around Riverhead since I was a child. As much as we all had out differences with Bill D. his way of impounding the tires was still the best idea out there, and yes i was whiteness to people still bringing tires back to there trailers and putting prep into them, you all need someone to step up and do something. Your car count is a joke and the track only gets a crowd on a night of School bus Demos. Ha! Bowman Grey Stadium one of the oldest tracks know to man gets a stellar 17,000 people weekly,because its still the greatest show on earth, from the history of Riverhead your lucky if you get that in a full season. Everyone bashes Riverhead but when it comes down to business everyone crys when they say the track is shutting down. Start by Officiating the track correctly and maybe you might possibly get a decent car count and than the fans might come back. Someone better start doing something or you can ad Riverhead Raceway to the list of tracks gone forever.

Hollywood0711
07-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Saw the sniffer there checking tires i guess everyone is good.So lets not hear that each winner is cheating with softer tires.

As much as alot of people can rest peacefully that the "sniffer" is being put to the test. That thing don't work.. The best homemade softener cannot be detected by that overpriced novelty item.

Hollywood0711
07-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh and i forgot to add, lets see where all of yall hotshots quailfy when the tour comes to town...... Ha now that will be an even playing feild.

jeffrey
07-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh and i forgot to add, lets see where all of yall hotshots quailfy when the tour comes to town...... Ha now that will be an even playing feild.

we have one of the best dam mod drivers out there.and our guys do quailfy very well when those cry baby tour guys show up.our mod drivers put on a very good show for the track there on.they put there heart and soul into there cars .they drive there hearts out evrey saturday night for us.and for you to come on here and bash them for that.then just stay away.the tour guys cry so much that they are losing tracks to race at.before you now it they will all be raceing at riverhead.i love are mod guys.they are the best.so you can kiss my a$$.

Rich Mergl
07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Think it could be on the rise

W. J.
07-08-2008, 09:31 PM
My, my, it's getting personal now.

RacinRob
07-08-2008, 10:09 PM
jeffrey stop using dads name and embarassing him. What mod races have you been watching? I have been watchin the ones where the guys tsarts on the pole and wins. The quality of racing is down there are too many evenly matched cars and they run in a train all race. Nobody uses the outside.

nflobster
07-08-2008, 10:15 PM
it just amazes me how a post about a driver who want's to better the division by going out on a limb due to problems in the back gate and get it righted becomes a post of hostility by this hollywood guy. maybe it was his guy caught cheatin; maybe he can't afford a racecar and want's to stir the pot. maybe he put money on a certain driver that failed to produce? maybe nobody who has had a racecar ever once bent the rules:rolleyes: and if i remember our guys can hold their own against the tour boys

LongIslandJam
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Getting back on topic, the officials have come up with a solution and it can be found here:
http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15390

With that note, this thread is closed.