PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Speedway Rideshare

RGeeProductions
07-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Being Spencer is a big trip to attend, I am posting this for anyone who is going up to Spencer Speedway's tour show and those who would like to go and may need a ride. Please feel free to post your plans or intents here.
Is anyone going up from Long Island? Be nice if we could get a group of 4 or 5 to share all costs.

kinserfan11
07-04-2008, 12:09 AM
I live here in Scranton Pa and would like to make Spencer's show; is there anyone here in Pa or Nj that is making the trip; thanks !!!

Axel
07-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Shadow--- you in? Kinser fan, we may be able to get 3 to one car. Scranton is on the way to Spencer for me as I will be going right up route 81.

uticamike
07-04-2008, 08:43 AM
FYI an alternate route for Spencer. When coming into Syracuse on 81 take
690 west right in heart of the city out past the lake,over the T-Way and right out to Baldwinsville. From Baldwinsville take NY370 West all the way to
Ridge Rd. There the sign points 370 to the right but instead turn left onto Ridge Rd and follow about 1.5 miles to the intersection at NY104. Turn left
and just stay on 104West to the track. This route is shorter in miles and it
saves the T-Way expense PLUS the traffic conjestion your going to find in Palmyra,NY that weekend. (Religious pagent). Check it out yourself on Maps.live.com. In Williamson look for a drive in called Orbakers on the right on 104. (about 2 miles East of the speedway).
Great eats, cute girls and cheap. Hope to see you all to say hello.

ThE sHaDoW
07-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Shadow--- you in? Kinser fan, we may be able to get 3 to one car. Scranton is on the way to Spencer for me as I will be going right up route 81.

yep, I'm in. We could pick kinserfan on the way.:cheers:

RGeeProductions
07-04-2008, 09:53 AM
How about anyone going from Long Island?

Teds Race Tours
07-04-2008, 12:25 PM
How about anyone going from Long Island?

Yes, I can vouch for RGee. he is a good traveller, generally bringing Snacks for up to 40 people travelling in your vehicle.

Axel
07-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Shadow-- how many people can we fit in the car? three?

Kinserfan-- are you going to carppol with us? I will send you a message via this website if you are intersested.

ThE sHaDoW
07-07-2008, 04:28 PM
3 max. It's a Ford F150 with the bench back seat and extra door.

RGeeProductions
07-09-2008, 09:45 AM
I am amazed that not one person is going from Long Island!
Guess the kielbasi and kabanosy will be wasted!!! :*-(

gomodsgo
07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
sorry... I'm coming from Ontario, NY and I think I am ride sharing with GP

Jaws
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I am amazed that not one person is going from Long Island!
Guess the kielbasi and kabanosy will be wasted!!! :*-(

RG,

I'm going up with the 2 kids on friday, car kind of full or I would offer you a ride.

RGeeProductions
07-09-2008, 01:24 PM
RG,

I'm going up with the 2 kids on friday, car kind of full or I would offer you a ride.

Not a problem, but thanks. I am now set but just seemed no one was going from here. Hope to see you up there. We will be up there Friday for the drags and all day Saturday....
Hopefully we can all get together at one time or another there....

sorry... I'm coming from Ontario, NY and I think I am ride sharing with GP
Glad the SST's are running huh? They are like SK's!!!

Groundpounder
07-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Glad the SST's are running huh? They are like SK's!!!

Everyone needs time to visit the rest room and concession stand. As much as they wreck these days, don't worry about the lines, you'll have plenty of time. Gotta love "race car hockey" as one driver called it.

RGeeProductions
07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Actually Rich, I am with you on that one. I got first beer after my duties are fullfilled!!!!
That is unless you will be there Friday night?!?!

kinserfan11
07-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Hey I want to send out real BIG THANKS out to Axel and Shadow for taking me along also with RGee for helping out at Spencer :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

kinserfan11
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Also before i forgot it was NICE meeting Uticamike; Maddog; and anyone else i forgot ; THANKS :cheers::cheers:

gomodsgo
07-14-2008, 08:41 AM
GGGGGGRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT to meet everyone on Saturday.

Axel glad I was able to get you to the lake. Check that one off your list. (not so much into the pork roll, but the bagels were good). Jersey's not so bad I guess.
Shadow, as always great to see ya. Hope Howie's cookies were good for you.
Kinser, even though you forgot me, I didn't forget you. Nice to meet ya.
RG, no hard feelings buddy, the water has passed over that pulled thread. LOL ha ha ha, and nice to meet you!
Jaw, we met late in the night, but two great kids you got there. (any kids that sleep through a race and still wake up and want to know why they have to leave before the end are great). lol
Utica, nice to see ya again, hope the next time your working on Doug's car.
Fred and Fred's Betty, GREAT to see you guys again! Next one should be ? Perry? Mahoning? We'll catch one another again.
Fran, didja take that shot of dually and dawg? cause if you did, you can send it to me, I wont be mad. LOL
Dawg, awesome as usual to see you. :) :applause:

I think that was everyone. maybe more, but I guess I don't remember ya.
good times..... good times.

RGeeProductions
07-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I have to agree that meeting everyone that I haven't yet met was awesome. It was nice hanging out for awhile and shooting the breeze with all. And IT IS A FACT, gomodsgo's cookies ARE THE BOMB!!!!

ThE sHaDoW
07-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I have to agree that meeting everyone that I haven't yet met was awesome. It was nice hanging out for awhile and shooting the breeze with all. And IT IS A FACT, gomodsgo's cookies ARE THE BOMB!!!!

sorry Howie, no cookies for you. :wave::wave:

Axel
07-14-2008, 11:11 AM
It was in fact great to meet everyone. This must have been the biggest gathering of message board geeks I’ve been to – there was a ton of people there. Highlights:
• Went thru an entire pork roll.
• Got to see Lake Ontario (thanks Gomodsgo!)
• Met the following for the first time: MadDawg (thank you for the beer you owed me), RG, Kinserfan, Todd, Gomodsgo, RLP, and the whole crew from the parking lot (sorry if I forgot everyone’s names) . Good to see all of the others! Jaws and family, Shadow (thanks for driving man!), Fred and Betty, Fran, Utica Mike, JEFF. Somehow I missed LImodmananiac.
• The Lewis/Hanbury family & fans who came by --- we traded pork roll for “iced tea.”
• Gomodsgo makes good cookies!
• OK race – Jamie Tomaino had bad luck from the get go. Too bad cuz it was his night to be honored. It was too bad Stafanik had some tough luck at the end, but from my perspective it did not look too intentional. TC got the worst of it though and it ruined a certain top 5 finish. Nice to see Wade have a strong finish. Rowan Pennik had a 4th place finish sewed up till punted. He really ran a good smart race.
• Maddawg-- great SST race!

ThE sHaDoW
07-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Hey Axel, is this what you were talking about?