PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy White/Mike Rommeney Updates - Get Well Soon

smiley27414
07-05-2008, 11:42 PM
any word on how the two drivers are?

W. J.
07-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Jimmy White was transported by helicopter to Stony Brook burn unit, and Mike Rommeney was checked out locally. Both should be okay, but keep a good thought for each. They were injured entertaining all of you.

randomrodder
07-05-2008, 11:51 PM
They are both in our Prayers.

Tracy87BB
07-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I just got off the phone with Jimmy White's parents, and received an update on Jimmy's condition.

Jimmy is currently in Stony Brook's Burn Unit, and it is expected that he will remain there for a week or more. The family is being told that he has second-degree burns on his arms and his legs. His face is also burned, as is his lower back. He will need to be scrubbed down twice a day to prevent infection. There is some swelling, particularly in his face, and that is expected to worsen over the next 48 hours before getting better. The good news is that his airways are clear and his eyes seemed to be okay last night, though that will be re-checked after the swelling subsides.

The great news, however, is that Jimmy is in VERY good spirits. He spent much of the night last night joking around. Anyone who knows Jimmy knows his sense of humor, and from what his parents said, his sense of humor is definitely intact. He IS allowed to have visitors, which may be very helpful during his stay at Stony Brook.

His family wanted to thank everyone for their concern, and I will do my best to keep you updated if and when further updates become available.

unowho243
07-06-2008, 10:43 AM
its good to hear that he is ok my prayers are with him anf his family

leah28racing
07-06-2008, 11:45 AM
get well Jim. Feel better Mike.

Love #28 fig-8 team.

redwiteandblue
07-06-2008, 11:50 AM
What exactaly Happened?

redwiteandblue
07-06-2008, 11:51 AM
And hope all involved a speedy recovery!

James White
07-06-2008, 12:28 PM
The kid is in stony brook driving(no pun intended)everybody crazy with jokes and humor,his spirits are high and he is in the best care possible much like the care received from the entire RIVERHEAD RACEWAY CREW,AMBULANCE PERSONELL,FIRE DEPARTMENT and all VOLUNTEERS as well as the phone calls from everyone involved with the track as well as freinds old and new ,also a big THANX to all the fans who got much needed water over the fence last night to soothe the burns associated with this incident.Again a huge THANX to all who helped in any way and please give him a call or visit in his time of need.

Sincerely all of us at
BUSY BEE RACING & FAMILY

P>S> THE KID SAYS NEW T SHIRTS WILL BE ON SALE THAT SAY
(JIMMY THE KID WHITE) HOT! HOT! HOT! (GOTTA LUV EM)

Hollywood
07-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Jimmy Sr. and Family,

Let me know if I can do anything for all of you guys!

Harold and Donna Wilson

Gravel
07-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm glad to hear that he's doing well. When someone gets hurt doing something that we all do for fun, it is a big wake up call. In a way, I'm glad I'm in Mass. this weekend. Jimmy, get well soon. We need you back. Mike "Gravel" Buksa

LongIslandJam
07-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Get Well Soon Jimmy! I hope we all can help take the sting out of your injuries (shameless plug to Jim's Busy Bee Pest Control, lol). Seriously, get well soon and if we can help at all, let us all know.

The Bullfather
07-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I was on the infield when the incident happen and the all the track crews did their jobs and got to Jimmy asap! I'd like to say great job crew, you job is thankless for the most part as is the officials who also hopped on the scene asap, thank you guys! Jimmy it great to hear the update that your spirits are high and your laughing. You must be driving all the nurses crazy like you did in the demo debry, you were all over the place. Your one of a kinda man, get well soon and see you at the track again soon!

selah
Peter Milano

BlingxBling
07-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Get well soon Jimmy!!!

ROGERS RACING
07-06-2008, 05:34 PM
get well soon

rabbid1
07-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Get Well soon Jimmy , Glad to hear your okay , That was the scariest thing I ever saw . Thank god you didn't panic and did exactly the right thing to save yourself from further injury !

Ace
07-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Get well soon Jimmy.

rydogg97
07-06-2008, 08:08 PM
good luck jimmy!!stay tough!!ive been burned on my arms and the process of scrubbing the area is a necessary evil to help healing.stay strong!!make sure to do what the docs say very important.if there is anything i can do please dont hesitate to shoot me a pm.you will pull thru this its just going to take time!!good luck!!;)

KickItUp
07-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Glad he is ok, but I think Bumper Boy would have been a big help here, to both injured drivers. Miss his presence. Hope everyone recovers nicely, and the track starts checking into more safety issues to prevent this again. This was quite scary.

Tracy87BB
07-06-2008, 09:43 PM
There is an article posted on www.newsday.com. In the article, they do quote Jimmy, and he stated that he intends to run more demos. There's one kid you can't keep down. Speedy recovery, Jimmy! Feel free to let us know if there is anything the Jam can do for you.

I would also like to send a big thumbs-up to the track staff, ambulance personnel and officials who attended to Jimmy.

On another note, I just spoke with Mike Rommeney. He was released from the hospital after about two hours last night. He is now home and resting. Although he is sore and bruised, he does hope to run the demo scheduled for this coming Saturday.

Biltor57
07-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Get well Jimmy

Tommyj16
07-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Get Well Jimmy you were putting on a great show, Now do the same in your recovery!!!!!!

nos2424
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
We are so sorry this happened to you but wish you the speediest recovery ever. Gang from Iron Man Welding

Rubbin&Racin
07-07-2008, 04:25 PM
What a horrible accident to hear about and read. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you Jimmy as well as your parents. Stay strong, it will be tough at first but you will recover. We don't know you but as a family member of Riverhead Raceway, and being married to a Race Car Driver and competing there for years I know all to well the thoughts all are having for you, so with everyone else we wish you well. The Racing Family always sticks together so if you need anything you just ask anyone at that track or the Jam and they will help you out. Best to you from Tennessee.

Love,
Andy & Jo
LM #84

CIN
07-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Get well soon Jimmy.
Happy to hear that Mike is doing ok.
CIN

chealy7296
07-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Just got back from visiting Jimmy at the hospital. He is doing really well. What a trooper, can't wait to get out of the hospital.

Dave A
07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Get Well!!

Wheel Racing
07-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Get well soon Jimmy!

John Cozza
07-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Jimmy,
We just want to wish you a speedy recovery. It truly was scary witnessing what happened to you. You seem to have a very upbeat attitude and that is very important. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
John, Janet, and Emily
Cozza Race Team
Grand Enduro #59 :wave:
NEETS TRUX

PS
Glad that Mike is doing okay.

Tracy87BB
07-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I just got off the phone with Jimmy White's mother, and would like to pass along the following update on Jimmy's condition:

As of yesterday, Jimmy was better than he had been the day before. He was able to open his eyes, even if it was only slightly. The doctors have found some third-degree burns on Jimmy's right arm and right leg, and that will require some skin grafting. It appears that Jimmy will be in the hospital for longer than originally anticipated, perhaps a month or more. Over the course of the next few weeks, our racing family should keep Jimmy in their thoughts, and I'm sure that visits from some of his racing friends will help keep his spirits up. We all know that Jimmy is not the type of person to sit around, and it will undoubtedly be difficult for him to be confined to the hospital, but all we can do is try to make that as easy as possible for Jimmy and his family.

Jimmy's family wants the focus, however, to be the simple fact that Jimmy is okay. Let's all be thankful for that, and offer whatever support and encouragement we can as he recovers.

NJ Chick
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey Tracy, do you have an address where we can send cards???
Thanks! :wave:

Tracy87BB
07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Let me work on that. I'll find out where the family would like cards sent and I will post it here.

hodge racing
07-08-2008, 12:08 PM
get well soon jimmy our thoughts are with you. the hodge family

Pizzo82
07-08-2008, 04:27 PM
get well soon hope you have a speedy recovery

James White
07-08-2008, 07:11 PM
The Whites
152 montauk Highway
Southampton NY

Again THANX for all the concern and Jimmy is doing tremendous but he has a long way to go so please harass him until he is back on the track !

Erin C
07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
You shouldn't say that out loud!! You know who might see that and really harrass him!! I'm sure Jen's harrassing him enough as it is, though!!!

On a side note....
You know how wrestlers have entrance themes?? I think when Jimmy is all better he should have an entrance theme played from the announcer's booth because he's "Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!!" (or has great balls of fire...LOL!! I hope I'm allowed to say that!!!)

James White
07-08-2008, 10:09 PM
We can say anything we want he cant get to us and believe me he is getting alot worse than that from everyone visiting

:mad:he actually is doing awesome and is getting a major scrub down on Thursday and if all goes well some grafting on Monday(YUMMY)which is really soon compared to normal(people) so we can hope for the best and when asked if he needed anything this morning he said a FUEL CELL so i think he is just fine and he is happy to have his Grand Enduro being driven saturday nite;)

wayne
07-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Get Well Jimmy
Meyer Racing

RickFigure8
07-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Jimmy get well soon. It won't be long and you'll be back out doing what you love to do.

Rick Swanson

stockade racing
07-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Get will kid hope to see you back out there soon

wishfish
07-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Jimmy,

Just heard about your accident today and was shocked!!! We want you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are glad to hear that you are coming along well and hope for your speedy recovery. We are sure that you will be racing again as soon as you are able. If there is anything that we can do to help in any way please do not hesitate to give us a call. We miss you guys down our way, but we totally understand.

Larry,Tammy,Travis and Lindsay Fisher and the entire Fisher Race Team

Bob Coco
07-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey Jimmy,

Hang in there kid. Hey, take a moment and check out your nurses. They too are HOT HOT HOT.;) LOL I'll see you again over the weekend. When your ready I'll help you with the next car. It may run on D-cells though. LOL

Bob Coco

SuperShafts
07-09-2008, 11:23 PM
and when asked if he needed anything this morning he said a FUEL CELL so i think he is just fine and he is happy to have his Grand Enduro being driven saturday nite;)

Lol a fuel cell...

Sounds like someone i used to know.

We got a fuel cell for him

99racing
07-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Get well soon guys..

Jason,Kim & Kailey Carpenter

Tracy87BB
07-10-2008, 03:41 PM
I wanted to link this for those who want an update on Jimmy, as I haven't had a chance to speak to his parents since Tuesday. It's nice to see that everyone is trying to keep on top of how Jimmy is progressing, and is sharing it with all of us.

http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103889#post103889

randomrodder
07-10-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm glad to hear Jimmy is in such high spirits, that helps one recover in amazing ways.

I never met you Jimmy, or at least I don't think I have but, you sure do sound like a fighter. Keep at it Bro.

Godspeed.

Tracy87BB
07-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I spoke to Jimmy's mother again this morning, and I have also spoken with a few people who have been up to see Jimmy. Apparently, he's about as much of a trooper as you could possibly find! Not that I expected any different, with what I know of him. Things are progressing as well as can be expected. He did undergo a major procedure yesterday, and his mother told me they have tentatively scheduled a skin graft for Monday. I hope to make a trip to see him myself in the next couple of days.

Jimmy's Grand Enduro car will be run tomorrow night, with a special guest driver behind the wheel!

2Fast4U
07-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey jimmy sorry to hear about what happened to you! How fast things happen in just a few weeks that I fed your belly at the hotel, Your a 1 of a kind kid always keeping mom and dad on their feet, Keep strong and hope all goes well for you. PS MAKE SURE I GET A T-SHIRT DELIVERED TO THE HOILDAY INN EXPRESS! LISA

Turbo
07-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Get well Jimmy, hope you can get back at it again soon!!

Roger Turbush & everyone at Turbush Racing

James White
07-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Just a quick note that THE KID is home and on the heal with some time he will be good and a huge THANX for all the concern,visits and calls please keep it up at home he gets bored easy and will pick the locks to get into the garage if left home alone

AGAIN A HUGE THANX FROM JIM SR.

The Bullfather
07-21-2008, 08:31 PM
AWESOME NEWS!!! We got to get together soon, PM me sometime.