PDA

View Full Version : crowd last nite

RovinPromotions
07-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I would like to say how great it was to see the crowd they had last night. hopefully this is the sign for the remainder of the season :applause:

debbie33
07-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Don't you think the fireworks had a little bit to do with it????

Tracy87BB
07-06-2008, 11:53 AM
The fireworks no doubt had something to do with it. But there are also different events on the schedule throughout the remainder of the season that are also intended to draw a crowd - things ranging from Saturday night Enduros to the WMT race to Monster trucks. Perhaps now that the kids are out of school and the weather has gotten warmer, the stands will continue to fill up. The crowd definitely was a good one.

RovinPromotions
07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Debbie, yes the fireworks had something to do with it. But also as important is the weekly advertisements that will be on 103.9 WRCN, LI's only classic rock station.:wave:

JBonsignore
07-06-2008, 12:59 PM
perhaps the fans came to see the 600 HP train race

J.D.
07-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Always a big crowd with fireworks,I remember 15 years ago, Standing room only, honest no seats. I think the adds will help though.

Jaws
07-06-2008, 04:36 PM
May and June are traditionaly the slower 2 months, Juy and August, unless bad weather pack the place most weeks.

nflobster
07-06-2008, 05:19 PM
the battle for the lead was pretty exciting. good clean hard racing and park looked like he had the 98 until late in the race

Ka$h25
07-06-2008, 05:45 PM
May and June are traditionaly the slower 2 months, Juy and August, unless bad weather pack the place most weeks.

Yeah, general fans associate Riverhead Raceway with Summer. If you're not a driver or a die hard, you most likely won't know what weekend the track opens, so it's safer to plan a trip for July/August.

KickItUp
07-06-2008, 09:10 PM
What fireworks, there were fireworks last night? I took my neice to the bathroom, and came back, and they were cleaning up.. :mad:

p-funk
07-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Maybe if they lowered the price of the tickets they might fill the stands. That crowd was nothing compared to past years! I remember them letting the people into the pit stands because there wasn't any more seats out in the regular stands.

jeffrey
07-07-2008, 06:18 PM
you call them fireworks.27 dallors for what.to see nothing but smoke.there where alot of pi$$ed of people there .the racing was good.but alot of people there just for the fireworks.what a shame.:mad:

rabbid1
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Jim Cromarty should get a sniper rifle and pick off all those damn freeloaders watching for free in the weeds behind turn 4 each week !

RPMcGrellis414
07-07-2008, 07:26 PM
There was actually a long long line to buy a ticket this week i came during the mod time trials the line was huge, very nice fan turnout very nice clean racing as well :applause:

unowho243
07-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Fireworks were the worst ive ever seen.... they used to be good tellt hem to go back to the old set up they were the best with the oooooohs and AAAAAAAHS

The Bullfather
07-07-2008, 09:15 PM
From the pits they looked good, further away! I know they were shorter then usual but they did shoot off a lot more during the one song, then play out a few songs with a few seconds between each one. They did one big finale instead of keeping it a longer show.

modified_fan
07-07-2008, 09:27 PM
The media has been reporting a shortage of quality fireworks materials, along with an increase in their cost.

It was a different type of show from the norm, but from the pits it was very entertaining.

RACENUT
07-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Everybody Else Is Cutting Back On There Service, I Guess Firework Displays Are No Different.

hollywoodmic
07-08-2008, 10:27 AM
It had nothing to do with the Crommarty's there is a new fire marshall this year. He originally didn't want anything to go off in the air. They had the permits to do motars and the fire marshall changed the rules, he didn't feel that there was enough space away from the crowd in case we had a problem with the fireworks. He was only trying to do his job, as a matter of fact thank God he was there for the demo derby, in hindsight. He allowed them to do some stuff. It had nothing to with the promoters, the fireworks people or the staff at the raceway. It was just in the interest of safety for the fans. Think about it,when was the last time you showed up at the track and the fireworks were not already set up?? When was the last time you actually witnessed the Fire Marshall inspecting all the fireworks, before they were blown off. Let's cut the place some slack, this was something beyond their control.

This is what I was told, don't know if it is all total facts.

Steve Halpin

Ka$h25
07-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, and I don't completely disagree. There is always some small debris that falls in the stands, perhaps no different then tire debris that comes from the cars, but some of these papers and plastics are usually pretty hot if not still flaming. There is plenty of room behind the pit area why not set it up over there? Or some other local area. We don't have to be right under the fireworks to enjoy them.

KickItUp
07-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Well then don't advertise fireworks like it's going to be a big show, when in reality if you sneeze you will miss it. I have been to a few shows this 4th and all were spectacular, and no less than 20 minutes.. Something to be enjoyed.. This was not the case here.

hollywoodmic
07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Yeah they found out after an inspection Thursday, and an email Friday. The advertising was already done. As you said they are normally spectacular, they had all intentions on doing that again this year.Perhaps wait 20 minutes to go to the bathroom next time, or don't sneeze. I'm kidding, it definatley wasn't what we all expected but they did what they were allowed to do.

RovinPromotions
07-08-2008, 07:40 PM
why does a very general statement on the size of the crowd,have to be destroyed into a bashing of what was. If you need to vent,then go and post your own thread. I am trying to be positive here,leave the good posts alone :wave:

Golf Guy
07-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I think it is time for the JAM to start passing out the Tony Robbins tapes to some of it's members...

LongIslandJam
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Well, as you can see we got some people that feel the glass is half full and some that feel the glass is half empty.

A packed stands is a good deal. And, yes, traditionally Riverhead's biggest crowds are in the summer.

Their ticket price is about par for the area when you consider a lot of tracks in the the middle of nowhere are charging close to that.

From the sounds of it, they had a lot of constraints with the fireworks. Let's hope they can find a suitable solution for the next fireworks show, as they sure do bring in the crowd.

And before I hear that we should concentrate on the racing, some of the best promoted tracks in the country rely upon promotional acts. Heck, even the great tracks of yesteryear relied upon them to fill the stands. It puts the promote back into promoter.

Anyway, good to hear about the large crowd and let's hope with the added advertising they continue to keep it up.