PDA

View Full Version : Truck Schedule

Turbo
07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
After attending this past saturday nights events, I think that the trucks should get another race or 2 added to the upcoming schedule. Think all races were done by around 8 this week. We race on the 19th and the 26th of this month and only race 2 times in august, with one being on sunday. Does anyone know if they will be changing that sunday race to a saturday show by the way???? Hopefully we can get another race added

wayne
07-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'd like to know what the" knuckle Head "was thinking when he/she made the schedule for this year!!! And then not go by it! Take races from us when there is plenty of time to race on certain nights. LIKE THIS PAST SATURDAY!!

racing#s
07-07-2008, 05:51 PM
The pro trucks kick butt more so now then ever. They deserve,,, A)25 lap races, and B) more races. Obviously it depends on the drivers but as a big fan of the division,this is what it is lacking. The drivers ,as a whole,should let the track know for what they want. The trucks have come a long,long way,great stuff,fun to watch. I remember when the division first started. We had to watch -ONE- truck 'race' in each 'race' all season(he went undefeated )....lol. Now,it is a pack of wolves,20 strong.

LongIslandJam
07-07-2008, 07:29 PM
One of the beauties of the division was running a limited schedule with a charger-esque type of race car. However, if the the entire division wants a bigger schedule, then you guys should let it be known. Your car count backs it up.

I think though any schedule changes this late in season could really put a damper on some driver's plans. But as I said before, if everyone agrees and there's room in the schedule, why not?

LEAD LAP
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
This is hardly a new issue. We have been asking them for YEAR'S to balance out the schedule. The schedule now is totally front-loaded. The Trucks go at it every weekend in May and June, then get strung out in July, August, and September.

And, W.J., Wrong again. You say they can't change the schedule mid-season. Well, they already did. They eliminated the Saturday Night-Sunday Day arrangement that was on the original schedule. You remember, they one that I said six months ago made no sense. (It made no sense to race twice on the same weekend when there were PLENTY of open dates to get in that extra race.) And, not only did they cancel the second half of the "Double-Header", I've yet to see when, or if, it's been rescheduled.

As far as the Trucks racing longer than five minutes (20 Laps), go back to that Winter meeting we had. Actually, go back to the past five winter meetings. Every year its asked for. Every year they promise "yeah, yeah, yeah", and "we'll look into it". What happens? NOTHING. There's more than enough time to go 50 - 75 laps on a Sunday afternoon when there's only the Trucks and the Enduro's, who, by the way, get longer races than the Trucks do.

Of ALL the things that were brought up at that meeting, the only PROGRESS that was made is that you can now have a side view mirror.

So, TURBO, I don't know how to get them to listen. Actually, I do have a few ideas, but I doubt you'll get everyone to participate. There are roughly 21 Truck Teams, all of them with some Great ideas to make the Division and the Racing better. Sadly, nothing changes.

It is what it is.

LEAD LAP
07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
CORRECTION: It's JA, not WJ, who says you can't change the schedule.

LongIslandJam
07-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Lead Lap,

I'm not saying if they can or can not change the schedule. I'm saying whether they "should" change the schedule.

wayne
07-09-2008, 04:16 PM
While we're at it lets try to get some better racing to!! The late model guy's are taking a beating from everyone ,but has anyone been watching the crappy racing thats going on in the trucks?

Turbo
07-09-2008, 05:59 PM
JA is right, maybe some people got some stuff planned on the days we got off, but we got like 4 weeks off left in the summer!! I am sure we can all agree or arrange around a date or 2 that we can get added!! And yea we did lose that one race that was originally on the schedule and I think its only fair to add it back on. They changed the schedule on the 4th week also, which was suppose to be on a sunday, to a saturday night show. They didnt ask me if I had any vacations planned so I know that it can be done without the consent of other truck teams. I am just hoping to get another race because I would love to be out there participating and not watching the races get over by 8pm as well.

nobandwagonhere
07-11-2008, 12:34 AM
.......yeah!:rolleyes::applause::help::rolleyes:

RickFigure8
07-11-2008, 01:48 AM
The change in the schedule they did because of that sat/sun was correcting a mistake not really changing the schedule. And as far as losing a date because of it I would bet it's not considered a lost date. The trucks were on for that weekend, one race, but they screwed up and had you both days on the schedule. You only lost a date that really didn't exist. I do agree with everyone, it's crazy how much the trucks and a couple other divisions have off. Our turn in the figure8's is coming up. We've had one week off already. We run the next two weeks and then we are off two weeks in a row, then we run a week and are off again, run a week and again off.