PDA

View Full Version : Modified Tire Procedure discussion

Ka$h25
07-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Hopefully this discussion can stay between the lines.

Will this upcoming weeks procedure be enforced for the rest of the season? Is it a one week thing? or is it a "see how it works, and take it from there" kind of thing?

nflobster
07-09-2008, 07:08 AM
i will call it wait and see. but on another note if you thought the features were boring because as someone put it "the cars are equal" then the heats will be a real sleeper because who wants to run their tires to death in the heats?

signman
07-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Might as well run 50 laps every week, straight up from the handicap, no heats!
Better to have 15 more laps of racing than a 15 lap exhibition/qualifying race .

JBonsignore
07-10-2008, 03:46 PM
I think this procedure will work out better, however I do not agree with the Top 12 in points having to start the heat on stickers, make everyone run their feature tires in both the HEAT and FEATURE, that is my only complaint about the procedure, otherwise it should produce better racing, maybe even a pass or two

Hollywood0711
07-11-2008, 06:12 AM
I think this procedure will work out better, however I do not agree with the Top 12 in points having to start the heat on stickers, make everyone run their feature tires in both the HEAT and FEATURE, that is my only complaint about the procedure, otherwise it should produce better racing, maybe even a pass or two

I agree with JBonsignore, everyone should start the heats and features on the same set. But it really dosent matter after a few heat cycles during the heats those tires will be perfect for a 35 lap feature, so no one should complain. It sounds like it will be an interesting race, would love to see how it works out but i'll be at good ole' Bowman Grey Stadium this weekend so no homecomming this weekend.

Hollywood0711
07-11-2008, 06:21 AM
Might as well run 50 laps every week, straight up from the handicap, no heats!
Better to have 15 more laps of racing than a 15 lap exhibition/qualifying race .

Signman brings up a good point, I've raced at numerous tracks, for example Ace speedway in Burlington, NC where when you sign in you pull a number, run 3 rounds of practice and than just run a feature from 50-75laps, depending on the night. And that turns out an exciting show.

fastgal
07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
why make it more of a problem? some poeple can afford tires some cant just like some people have a $10,000 mod and some have a $50,000 mod. if you want equal cars run IROC.:rolleyes: hmmmmmm should be able to find some cheap

Fat Albert
07-11-2008, 06:04 PM
My 2 cents! First, I also agree with Bonsignore! Making the top 12 to start on stickers makes no sense. The rule should be (IMO) that all cars should have to start the feature on the same set of tires that they qualified on, be it throught the heat, consi or time trials. If a tire mysteriously becomes flat before the feature, it may be replaced with an approved sticker and the competitor can start the feature at the rear. Also no changing a tire during the feature unless it's obviously flat or the wheel is severely damaged. Allow tire changes after 20 laps completed, to make for more exciting racing and team strategy as some may choose to try to race back through the field. And change the current handicapping system by starting the feature straight up from the heat finishes. Win the first heat and start on the pole for the feature; win the second heat, start second and so on. It's time to try something differant, because the current racing is down right boring!