PDA

View Full Version : What kind of racing will we see at Spencer this Saturday?

cornellsgt12
07-10-2008, 12:27 AM
I haven't been to Spencer since the last Tour race.

I'm wondering if there will be any passing or will it be a "track position" kind of race (a.k.a. follow the leader).

Will there be pit stops and if there are how much of a difference will new tires be ?

Axel
07-10-2008, 05:55 AM
do they have to race on the same tires they run heats on?

I think it'll be pretty intersting regasrdless. Most of these guys have never raced there, a few locals are coming to fight the invaders.

How much banking in the turns?

LongIslandJam
07-10-2008, 09:18 AM
It's a pretty flat half-mile track that's difficult to pass on. Some of the locals can use the outside groove such as Tony Hanbury and Buck Catalano. However, when I spoke with Hanbury a month ago, he did not have a ride for the event. Catalano plans to be there along with Patsy Catalano and Bill Hebing.

ThE sHaDoW
07-10-2008, 09:23 AM
TIRE RULE FOR NASCAR WHELEN MODIFIED TOUR
All tires used for qualifying and the race must be purchased and/or approved at the track, unless otherwise approved in advance by the Series Director. Qualifying tires must remain in the impound area until released by NASCAR. Teams must purchase a minimum of four (4) tires for qualifying and start of the heat races and may purchase and/or have approved a maximum of six (6) additional tires for the race Event.

gomodsgo
07-11-2008, 02:08 PM
You know what "kind of racing" we are going to see at Spencer on Saturday...........................

A HOWIE-LESS racing, that's what kind. :*-(:*-(:*-(:*-(:*-(

I'm gunna miss you Howie, guess I'll have to GIVE your share of COOKIES away!!

ThE sHaDoW
07-11-2008, 03:38 PM
You know what "kind of racing" we are going to see at Spencer on Saturday...........................

ooooooooohhh pick me, pick me:wave::wave:

Howie
07-11-2008, 03:46 PM

Missing the race AND the cookies too???? :*-(:*-(:*-(:*-(:*-( You be sure to leave them in good hands. Shadow will take good care of them, I'm sure.

Axel
07-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Howie- what the?

That just aint right!

kinserfan11
07-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Howie; why you missing the Spencer Race?:mad::mad:

Howie
07-11-2008, 08:26 PM
When the schedule was announced I was asked if we would be interested in covering some of the CWSE races as we have done in the past. Thompson's CWSE race is the same night as Spencer and they asked if we would cover that instead. It'll be the first modified race we've missed in a long time. Really enjoyed our last trip to Spencer (it was Apple Valley then). Hope you all have fun and see a great race. I'll experience my first WMT race via JA's Live Updates. I know, I'm missing the modifieds for a race where ALL the cars will have fenders, "Full Fender Frenzy"!! (Not to mention Gomods cookies!!) :confused:

The Bullfather
07-11-2008, 08:33 PM
what what WHAT??? I'M ALMOST SPEECHLESS!?!

KyleMac45
07-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Did someone say COOKIES? Wow Howie decides to take a weekend off and we get FREE Cookies!!! I like that! Thanx Howie we will miss you!

Kyle

PS- Dont worry Howie you aren't the only one missing this weekend's race ;) I should be back in the WMT scene at Riverhead!

HAVE FUN EVERY ONE and

GOOOD LUCK PREECE AND OF COURSE Jimmy "$HOWTIME" Blewett!