PDA

View Full Version : Safer Picnic

Fig8 T.K.
07-10-2008, 10:04 AM
The Annual SAFER Picnic will be held on Sunday July 27 at Southhaven Park in Section 12. Tickets are $10 per person, kids under 16 years old are free. There will be unlimited hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, sausage, corn on the cob and salads. Beer and Soda will also be available. The picnic starts around 12 and continues until dark. This is a fun filled day of games for both the children and adults. We will also be holding the popular SAFER 50/50 raffle. If you need more information or would like to attend please email krftracing9@aol.com or give us a call. We would like to have an estimated head count before July 22.

leah28racing
07-11-2008, 10:31 AM
yes it starts 12pm

We never run out of beer.....So if those Turn1 cowboys are coming... let us know please lol!!!

leah28racing
07-13-2008, 11:39 AM
There will be a pinata for the little ones.

everyone is welcome to our picnic. Fans, and other drivers and crews. Just be at South haven park at 12 with $10 per adult, kids are free 16 an under.

all the food beer, soda, you can have till dark.

Big softball game going every year. tug of war, egg toss, potato sack races etc.

bring a hat a pic or even get your t-shirt signed by some of the drivers.

If your coming with a few people please be sure to let us know either in a private message or email one of us. Kathy Kraft above in the origianl message or my email is below
We want to be sure there is enough eats and drink for everyone.

leah28racing
07-22-2008, 06:39 PM
this sunday 12pm picnic.

everyone welcome to join us.please leave Kathy or i private message for a head count:cheers::cheers::wave::):wave:

figure849
07-27-2008, 12:41 PM
12:30 and raining has the pick nic been cancelled?

W. J.
07-27-2008, 03:38 PM
It's either been turned into a boat race, or it needs to (hopefully) be rescheduled. It would be a shame to see such a wonderful event totally cancelled.

I was out that way around that time, and not only was there very heavy rain and wind, penny sized hail stones were mixed in. The lightning was also very intense, so I hope all who braved going there are okay.

Tower Man
07-28-2008, 07:42 AM
As the storm was growing with intensity, many of us huddled under a canopy. Then BANG!!! The tree next to us was struck by lightning. Bark and wood splattered all around us.

Slim Jim was holding the canopy and his hands were "sizzled".

The only fun part of the day was watching T.K. run after yet another tree was struck and a rather large branch fell within inches of him and Joe Saraceno. That wasn't the fun part. The fun part was watching T.K. run, yes run, to Joe's van.

randomrodder
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
I always knew that Tommy could move when the pressure was on. Tommy "Lightening Bolt" Kraft. Go Tommy Go! :applause::applause::applause: