PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Performance in the 00

Ka$h25
07-13-2008, 12:34 AM
It's not very often that someone can jump in a Figure 8 car for the very first time and run the way Dave Sapienza did Saturday night. He was spot on, and error free. Unfortunately, he got a little caught up in the "X" and he fell back a bit, but a great performance overall and hopefully he'll show up for an encore next weekend.

Tommyj16
07-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Ya nice Job Dave:cheers:

Mortgage Guy
07-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Tommy, I didn't hear anything but what is going on with that team?? Both cars for sale and a subsitute driver. What did I miss??

cuzzzy59
07-13-2008, 06:25 PM
booooooooooo,he looked more like a blocker than a racer last night. :disgusted

Ka$h25
07-13-2008, 11:19 PM
To each his own I guess. The car is for sale, show us what you can do.

leah28racing
07-14-2008, 12:04 PM
i think he did better than most people do for their first time.

i don't think he tried to block anyone purposely, he didn't have a reason too.
I just think he was trying to do his best being first time in the car

Tommyj16
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Since the depature of Tom Graff, Double Zero Racing is trying to down size to 1 car and a single car trailer wich we have already. As soon as 1 of the cars sells then we concontrate on 1 car and then the only thing for sale will be the double trailer we have. we had alot of people interested in the 0x. Since this has happened I have been practicing and concentration 90% of our time on the 00 I want to be prepared just in case the 0x goes. And to have a guy like Sap in the car helps w/ his good crew they have gotten the 00 going in the right direction. Its nice to have 2 cars but its alot of MONEY and Time. so down sizing seems to be the only way at this time.

The Bullfather
07-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm sad to see Graff go, but they have one heck of driver still left. Your a good man Tommy your team is going to really come to the forefront with one car in the fold! More time and more work to get your car ready during the week.

00 RBDJ
07-14-2008, 11:10 PM
As car owner I have to say that with Ken going out in the 00 last week and Dave going out in the car this week, they both have done pretty well for the first time out. Yes Dave may have blocked and it was done by mistake but most were able to go around him. Just remember everyone was a rookie at one time and made mistakes, we are all human. I am glad that we put him in the car this week and we will see what happens hopefully he will drive for us again. And after all is said and done Ken and Dave did not cause any accidents and they were not involved in any. It was nice that the cars came back in with no damage done to them.

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
07-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Yea, Dave might be a rookie to the figure 8's, but he is NOT a rookie to racing!! I would love to see him a lap down in the Mods. and try to run in the 3rd position, Blocking or with a car that wasn't handling!! He knows very well he would have been sent in the wall!! And he KNOWS that as well as most everyone else!!
No I don't think just anyone can jump into a Figure 8 car, but even a rookie knows that when your a lap down move over and tuck in where you can without messing anyone else up.
My vote goes to Kenny, he was the better of the two drivers. Dave, I think went out there to be a top runner because "He's A Modified Driver!"
Dave, Please Just stay with the Mods!!

leah28racing
07-15-2008, 07:08 PM
i see Dorothea got her computer working, look out now.:lol:

RovinPromotions
07-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Kudos to you Dorothea,your dead on with that assessment of the race.And yes it takes a special kind of driver to drive a fig 8 car. I was very suprised to see SAP exit the car,because it was my understanding that ken sergio was to drive it. :wave:

NJ Chick
07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't know any of the drivers and I've never seen a Figure 8 race live before (only on TV) until this past Saturday night. I have to say, it was very exciting and I thought you all put on a great show. That #3 driver was daring to say the least! I don't know the rules of course so I can't comment on blocking or the cones or anything else, but as a first time spectator, I can't wait to see the next one!:wave:

randomrodder
07-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I thought the whole race was spot on. Watching TK in the 57 Chevy and Carl in the 40 Pontiac really brought back some memories! Thanks guys for putting on such a fine show and race. Loved every second of it!

sround
07-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Sapp0o0o0o! One heck of a job this past week in the Fig 8's! Hope your back in that car again this week! And yes your a great "RACE CAR" driver, no matter what division! :applause::*-(:applause::cheers:

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
07-17-2008, 06:25 PM
You know something, the more I think about this, Dave might have done better if he had a REAL Raido guy, Like the one he uses in the Modified. I've heard who the radio guy was...

KnK Racing
07-17-2008, 10:21 PM
1st. The radio man of that 00 last week needs to learn how to talk to his driver when the leaders are coming!!!!

2nd. You dont have to pull off and park it just get out of the way! I seen he let the 8 & 63 go right by.

3rd. 1/2 of a lap in his modifed he would have right out of the way other wise Sap would have brought the car home in crates. (SAP you gotta stick with the modifed!!!!)

4th I work on my dads car really hard. when we are racing I know that 9 times out of 10 he can get at least a top 3 or 4. when STUPID things like that happen i get DISGUSTED!!!

Ka$h25
07-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Well first of all enough about the radio man. He's not a radioman, he's a crew member who lended a hand to help out a new driver. I was standing right next to him and I thought he did fine, Dave knew the leaders were there and moved for the leaders. I'm just not sure how the 28, 34 and 74 got by if the 00 was such a menacing lapped car. Maybe someone from the 28/34/74 teams could share some tips on how to pass that bum.

And lets establish the cutoff line for "leaders". Is it the top 2? The top 5? The first GROUP of cars. Or should he just get out of the way of every car on the lead lap?

Tower Man
07-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Good point Ka$hman.

RickFigure8
07-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Top four 9 times out of 10. Looking over the last 10 races it's actually 3 times out of 10.

KnK Racing
07-18-2008, 09:51 PM
ok john i just watched the tape again. when my father was in 3rd Sap stayed in the in way for 1/2 a lap which gave baxter a run on the outside. then got roger on the outside of him in the next turn, as roger went around my dad for the 4th position my dad clipped roger which made him lose momentum which then the 58 went up the hill leaving an opening for the 34, when that happen the 34 went to the low side and got 5th. does that answer your question?

The Bullfather
07-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Calm down, Saps first time in a figure 8 race, things are a different nature in that division. Everyone thought he held his own, so he may have had a mishap but he didn't cause any accidents and kept his nose clean. Everyone's got to have a first time out!!!

Mortgage Guy
07-19-2008, 02:43 AM
KnK it amazes me that you are so upset with SAP but yet 3 other teams passed SAP and your dad did not..... that is SAPS fault? Your dad is a GREAT driver and BY FAR (outside of Roger) has the best car in the division. If you are not happy with the modified guy in your way, then move him like the other guys did otherwise be quiet.....Your dad has more talent then most and he shouldn't have been so nice and then you wouldn't be mad right now....I'm sorry but this is HIS division and he has to own it like the other guys who passed the 00, rough or not, does not matter. If he doesn't mark his territory then he can't complain, or have you complain for him for that matter.