PDA

View Full Version : A Very Sad Loss

KyleMac45
07-13-2008, 07:06 PM
The Modified Community has experienced a very sad loss the driver of the famed 659 Parker Bohn has passed along... More info to come

My condolences to the whole entire Bohn Family

God Speed

Kyle McGowan
TCH Mascot

KyleMac45
07-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Services for Parker Bohn are Tuesday at Claytons Funeral Home 2-4 and 7-9

Kyle McGowan

Howie
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Mr. Bohn of Freehold Townshiip died July 13, 2008. He was born in Yonkers, NY and was a lifelong resident of Freehold Township. Bohn was a Dock Builder Engineer for Local 825, Newark retiring in 1983. Prior to that he worked for A & M Karasheusian Rug Mill, Freehold. Mr. Bohn was a U.S. Navy Veteran serving in WWII as a Seabee. He was a member of the Turkey Swamp Rod & Gun Club, Freehold Township, and the Garden State Vintage Stock Car Club. He was a former member of the NASCAR Association. His lifelong passion for auto racing led him to receive numerous awards and achievements. Most recently, Mr. Bohn was inducted into the Eastern Motor Sports Press Association Hall of Fame and was the recipient of their “Iron Man” award. He was a loving husband and father and had a green thumb for farming. He was predeceased by his wife, Barbara in 2005; a brother, Ernest in 2003; and a sister, Elisabeth Guckenberger in 1993. Surviving are his son Eddie R. Bohn and his wife Kelly of NC. Three daughters, Donna Hinton and her husband, James of TX., Diane E. Wolcott and her husband, Arthur, Sr. of TN. and Barbara Ann Dauncey and her husband, Harold of Jackson. His Children from first marriage, Parker Bohn Jr. of Freehold, Robert Bohn and his wife, Judy of WV and Ernest Bohn and his wife, Pam of Freehold. His daughter Grace Burke and her husband, Bill of TN. He his survived by 20 grand children, 31 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren.

Service Information: Visiting at Clayton & McGirr Funeral Home, 100 Elton-Adelphia Road (Route 524), Freehold Twp., NJ on Tuesday from 2-4 & 7-9 PM. Relatives and friends are invited to attend his funeral service at the funeral home on Wednesday, July 16, at 11:00 AM. Interment will follow in Brig. Gen. William C. Doyle NJ Veterans Cemetery, Arnytown, NJ. In lieu of flowers memorial contributions in memory of Parker may be made to: Hospice of NJ, 40 Bey Lea Rd. Suite A202, Toms River, NJ 08753, The Garden State Vintage Stock Car Club, 438 3rd Ave, Brick, NJ 08724 or the Charity of your choice. For directions, information or condolence messages to the family, visit www.claytonfuneralhome.com.

ModTourMan
07-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Sad news indeed. I have many memories of Parker Bohn. He was one of the first drivers I remember from my very first trips to the auto races as a young boy. He was a favorite of my grandparents so and they were sure to point him out when he hit the track at Old Bridge and Wall Stadium. I'll always remember Parker muscling that fire belching #659 on the high banks of Wall! Thanks for the memories and rest in peace Parker Bohn.
My condolences go out to the Bohn family.

Tooner
07-16-2008, 03:23 AM
I went to viewing Tuesday night, and everyone turned out, like a who's who of Nj auto racing was there. Hearne, Siscone, Tomaino, Blewett, Michel, Brittain, McLaughlin, Mauser and too many others to mention.

I thought I might lose it when i got to the casket, but then I saw him, in his work clothes he always wore, and just smiled. That was Parker, he was one of a kind. He was a close friend and I will miss Him.

Rev dan Schafer also did a very nice sermon.

It was a celebration of his life, I hope we all get 90 years on this earth.

God Bless Parker.