PDA

View Full Version : A very big THANK YOU to Spencer Speedway

RGeeProductions
07-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Fran and myself made the trip up to Spencer on Friday and stayed through till Sunday morning. I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to John, Kathy and Tony, for everything at the track and beyond they provided for us. I want to thank Christina, my daughter, for the on track help and also a place to stay for Fran and I, and even if sHaDow, Axel and kinserfan11 didn't want to drive back to Syracuse, the night of the race. I want to thank Kyle and Chris, track officials and beyond, for track info, letting us get in close for the drags, among much more help and info. Let me tell you, these 2 guys are very dedicated people to Spencer Speedway. They really have their heart into this place and racing and deserve a big THANKS. I also want to thank assorted personel and officials at the track. There were many that I only had a short time to chat with but all were extremely nice people.

On the technical side of things, the LIVE reports went smoothly. We were getting times and car info as soon as NASCAR had it from all the qualifying and heats. A tremendous thank you to Jason Cunningham for the instant info and JA Ackley on reporting done for The Chrome Horn LIVE. I don't think we ever had such instant stats and info then we did at Spencer. Thanks guys!!!!!

Overall, this trip was the very best weekend I have ever had at a race track. Everyone was very accommodating, over and above anything we expected. I appreciate everything that everyone helped us with and will never forget it. Despite with what was said about the support divisions being light in their car counts, look back the weeks before and they have been much higher. Not sure why it was lower this weekend but the racing was still good. Their weekly modified race had one caution and even the officials commented on how well the race went for them. If anyone who has never been to Spencer and are in the area, stop by and check them out. Friday night is NASCAR racing and Saturday night is 1/10 mile drags, which, by the way, was awesome also.

Richie

chrome horn
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Richie, I couldn't have said it better. Thanks again to everyone involved with this weekend. Oh yeah, the pizza logs are pretty good......

RGeeProductions
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
MMMMMMM, and I thought you thought the kabanosy was good!!!!!
Yeah, pizza logs ARE pretty good!!!

kinserfan11
07-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Also include me in on that big Thank You !!! also i would like to thank Mr White ; his staff; Nascar Whelen Staff( Chad Little) ; infield staff; press booth; Pits; and everyone at the Tailgate party :cheers::cheers:

RGeeProductions
07-14-2008, 09:20 PM
and everyone at the Tailgate party :cheers::cheers:

HUH?
You were in the truck most of the time as it was raining!!! I thought you were going to melt!!! LOL
Just kidding ya.....

Tower Man
07-15-2008, 07:15 AM
I don't normally post here, but today I will.

Yes, the management and staff at Spencer made us feel right at home.Great seeing some old friends.

I do have one comment to make here. A couple of teams decided to leave their tires where they parked. The management and staff were not happy and it was a conversation that took place at 1 AM.

Hoosier did a nice job getting rid of all the tires brought to them, however, the spotlight went to the piles of tires left. These tires were left in the first row, maybe the 5th or 6th spot on the far end.

Please, don't leave your "junk" at the race track. As the track management said, "This is not a junkyard. We fine our teams for doing this".

Something to think about....

Joe Larsen