PDA

View Full Version : Update on Jimmy White

chealy7296
07-14-2008, 07:13 PM
I just got off the phone with Jim White Sr. He has not had a chance to get to the computer so I told him I would give everyone an update. He had his skin grafts this morning. He was due to have grafts on his right arm and right leg. However when they took off his bandages there was no need for grafts on his arm. The doctor could not believe how quickly he healed, he said it was like a miracle. If it wasn't for the need for grafts on his leg they could have sent him home today. They removed skin from his side to graft to his leg so he can rest more comfortably.

Mike and I stopped by the hospital yesterday and he is doing really great. We brought him the flag that everyone signed and he loved it. He loved the get well stickers that Mike and I had made up for all of the enduro cars.(Thank You to The Vinyl Answer). We are trying to get more for this weekend.

Tracy87BB
07-14-2008, 07:46 PM
That is great news!

Jimmy, you are an amazement and an inspiration to all of us. Guess you don't know how to do anything slow. In this case, that's a good thing. Hope you're feeling better!

RacinRob
07-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Jim had a chance to talk to your pops and wished you well. I have your sticker on my car and your def. an inspiration to us all. Get well

The Bullfather
07-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Awesome news Jimmy, you know how much the grace of God saved you my new friend! Your an awesome person and your family is great, love them all! I feel at peace with them, like I've known them for years. :O)

Tracy87BB
07-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I just got off the phone with Jimmy's mother. Apparently, Jimmy is already up and hungry this morning, which is a wonderful sign. Jimmy's mother has educated me on the effects that food has on the healing process, so the fact that Jimmy is eating is an even more positive step than it sounds like. It is expected that more will be known in the next 10-12 days as far as how much longer Jimmy will need to be in the hospital, etc. However, if his recovery to this point is any indication, he'll be on his way home in no time!

Jaws
07-15-2008, 12:16 PM
I just got off the phone with Jimmy's mother. Apparently, Jimmy is already up and hungry this morning, which is a wonderful sign. Jimmy's mother has educated me on the effects that food has on the healing process, so the fact that Jimmy is eating is an even more positive step than it sounds like. It is expected that more will be known in the next 10-12 days as far as how much longer Jimmy will need to be in the hospital, etc. However, if his recovery to this point is any indication, he'll be on his way home in no time!

Thats great news.

I had a thought about protecting the Demo and ever Enduro drivers. These are usually the guys drivers with the least resources to get fire suits, thats why few of the guys wear suits.

There are many drivers out there that have retired or bought new suits over the years, could we get those old suits into the hands of the drivers that need them

Paybe a thread could be put up here on the Jam to get those old suits into the hands of those who need them.

That way maybe Jimmy is one the last driver to suffer the pain he is going through right now.

Get well soon Jimmy.

Tracy87BB
07-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I just got off the phone with Jimmy's sister Jennifer, who is up at the hospital with Jimmy, who is sleeping.

Today, the doctors removed the dressings and took a "look-see" at Jimmy's progress and the news is absolutely wonderful! According to his sister, they will be starting physical therapy tomorrow, and they will be making Jimmy get up and walk around. Based on his recovery to date, it looks as though Jimmy may be able to go home as soon as Monday or Tuesday! This is wonderful news! Jimmy will still have a long road ahead of him as far as physical therapy, etc., and the healing process is far from over, but he's made remarkable progress so far.

Jimmy, you amaze me, kid! Keep getting better and making everyone laugh. Can't wait to see you at the track again...and I bet it's going to be sooner than anyone imagined!

randomrodder
07-18-2008, 04:08 PM
WTG Jimmy. The PT and OT I'm sure you work through because of your great attitude. You're still in our prayers here.

CRog00
07-18-2008, 08:49 PM
That's great news! Get well Jimmy