PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting news about the WSMT

Howie
07-14-2008, 11:16 PM
http://www.southernmotorracing.com/news/121609036036253.shtml

monty57mod
07-16-2008, 05:06 PM
;)I would nominate John Horton, the race director from Bowman-Gray Stadium, as a replacement. 1.)UNBIASED: He doesn't seem to have any favorites amongst the drivers. 2.)EXCITEMENT: There is always action and drama surrounding the races he directs. 3.)BOOST THE ATTENDENCE: You never know who really won the race until the next day or so; keeps people coming back next week just to find out who or why or how.

Brian Hawks
07-16-2008, 09:17 PM
That article makes me laugh. Whomever wrote the article doesn't know our Tour very well at all.

When Rich was spun into the inside wall on the front stretch "I didn't see it" was the response. If you can see a man get walled when you sit on the front stretch, maybe it's time..

John Horton is not the replacement. I've raced at Bowman Gray. He is not the reason for excitement. If he was to leave this weekend, someone else would do the same thing. He follows what Gray Garrison says. Fair to say the least, Bowman Gray has the worst tech ever.

Will is a good official, but I don't know if he's ready to be a series director. Someone with more experience seems would fit better.. but hey this is just all my personal opinion. They will do as they wish, but I do hope things get better down South.

monty57mod
07-18-2008, 06:48 PM
John Horton is not the replacement. I've raced at Bowman Gray. He is not the reason for excitement. If he was to leave this weekend, someone else would do the same thing. He follows what Gray Garrison says. Fair to say the least, Bowman Gray has the worst tech ever.

;)I was joking....

SIModified
07-25-2008, 11:45 PM
Hey, at least give Skip Wall credit for doing the job I was told I wasn't doing a "good enough" job at....

John Horton is a joke. Will Douglas would be my first choice to take Mark's place. Everyone in the pit area at BGS has taken notice of the job Will is doing. Give the man credit for trying to make a change for the better.

Although, Brian is right. Gray Garrison calls the shots at Bowman Gray and I'd be embarrased to be the "Race Director" who works under him. Everything about "racing" at Bowman Gray is bogus and southern modified racing will continue to suffer because of it.

After seeing the dive bombs and nerf jobs at the last Thompson World Series event I attended, I openly questioned Ed Cox's ability to make a decision and hand down a penalty.

With the recent turn of events (besides the abundance of rain outs,) I'm even more concerned about Ed Cox being in the tower in Mark's place on the Southern Tour.

I EXPECT to see a lot of senseless "beating and banging" for the rest of the WSMT season.