PDA

View Full Version : Sad News-Miller

Precision Auto
07-15-2008, 01:54 PM
It is with a heavy heart that I post the unexpected passing of Jason "Jay" Miller, son of Modified racer, Ray Miller. Jason left us on Monday, July 14th.

Jason started racing at Riverside Park Speedway, going from Strictly Stocks to Pro Stocks, then continuing on to Stafford Speedway and Waterford Speedbowl in an SK Modified. Racing may have been in his blood, but for Jay it came purely from his heart.

Arrangements are pending at this time. Those who wish to send a card to the family may do so, using the following address:

Ray Miller
8 South Main Street
East Granby, CT 06026

Our hearts go out to his family, friends and crew members.

Linda and Norman Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

Pnewsham
07-15-2008, 02:17 PM
All the members of N.E.A.R. send our prayers to the Miller family. This is a very sad day for all race fans at the Waterford Speedbowl..God bless.

Pete Newsham
NEAR president

randomrodder
07-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Our condolances to the Miller family and friends.

Howie
07-15-2008, 04:58 PM
We're still in shock from when we heard about Jay this morning.
Remembering him as a little kid hanging out at the photo booth at Stafford. He will be missed. Rest in Peace Jay.

Our prayers are with Ray and the entire Miller family, crew and friends throughout the racing community.

randomrodder
07-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I've just been on another forum, a hot rodding one, where I passed on the info to a friend that used to run SKs, etc. He and Jay started racing together the same day at Riverside. He had plenty of stories about them. I invited Bruce to come here and share but he said, it just hurt too much right now.

Bruce retired from driving after he broke his back in and SK, he said Jay broke his back a year later. I do know that Bruce mainly built and raced the pro stocks. He also mentioned, Quote-Thanks that one hurts as i thought i had killed him one night.......One hell of a wreck @ the park.Pulled the body work off him. But we both laughed about it later. Loved that kid.

Hearing something like that from Bruce says a lot about Jay. RIP Jay.

raceaddict24
07-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Truely unfortunate, thoughts go out to the Miller family. He was much too young

Sicklajoie
07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
What terrible news.
Thoughts and prayers to the whole Miller family.

Howie
07-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Calling hours are Sunday from 3 to 6 P.M at the Carmon Funeral Home, 364 Salmon Brook St., Granby, CT.

More information and directions can be found here. http://www.carmonfuneralhome.com

Shawn also has a nice tribute to Jay in his blog today. http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2008/07/jay-miller-a-smile-gone-far-to.html

mattphoto
07-16-2008, 08:34 PM
I am very shocked to hear the news about Jay !!!! I remember watching him when I was kid at Riverside Park !!!! It's a big shock !!! Jay you will be missed so much man.
RIP Pal
Matt Wiernasz

Howie
07-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Jay's Obituary is now posted Carmon's website. Beneath the obituary condolences may be posted.
http://www.funeralquestions.com/obits/carmon/memorial.asp?listing_id=111733

RichKeator
07-16-2008, 10:35 PM
It was a sad time at the Bowl tonight as we started off with the Young lions race, the parade of aid, and then a nice moment of silence for Jay. Im sure he was watching from up above with all the great racers that have come and gone. Im glad that I can say that I was on the stand flagging a race that i driver that I grew up watching was racing in