PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

BlingxBling
07-15-2008, 10:58 PM
St. Johns, PA- With the national economy in limbo, and in an attempt to bring more race fans out to the speedway without emptying their pocketbooks, Mountain Speedway has decided to slash its general admission price.
“General admission to any regular show will be $10 for the rest of the season”, said Mountain promoter, Joe Callavini. The $10 price will be in place for everyone, age 11 and older. This also includes handicapped persons and seniors. As always, children 10 years of age and younger are admitted to the speedway for free.
There are plenty of great shows ahead for the 1/3-mile asphalt oval, including upcoming fan appreciation nights. Over the next couple of weeks, drivers from select divisions will be on the speedway with their cars for fan photos and to sign autographs for their followers.
The Late Models will fight for the lead during the upcoming 50 lap-double points feature this Saturday. The thrillers are also on the card and slated to run a 30 lap-double points event. The street stocks are also on the event schedule for a regular show, plus a special 20-lap PA Asphalt Legend show has been added as well. Each legend driver who competes will receive 25 championship points. The late model, street stock and thriller drivers will be on the track at intermission for fan appreciation night.
The sport modifieds, super stocks and PA Asphalt Legends will make their return to the speedway on Sunday, July 20.
All divisions for the afternoon will be on the track at intermission for fan appreciation day.
Saturday, July 27 will feature double points for the 50-lap street stock feature. Running a regular show, the modifieds will also be in action, along with the TQ midgets and 4 cyl. FWDs. The modifieds, TQ midget and 4 cyl. FWD drivers will be on the track at intermission for fan appreciation night.

zombo
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM
just to confirm, does anyone know the price of the sunday shows? are they already $10? i'm not sure.

Geno
07-16-2008, 07:30 PM
I'll double check Zombo, but am almost certain that it's $10

Trestle
07-17-2008, 04:11 AM
Bling you gotta admit that is pretty interesting LOL.

I say way to go Mountain. Good looking out for your fans.

bigell14
07-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Great Idea!!!

:cheers:The next thing would be lets get a bar set-up!:cheers:

:applause:We can have the after party at the track!!!:applause:

White Lightnin
07-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Believe me, over the years, there were some drivers that partied "during" the racing event. :cheers:

bigell14
07-17-2008, 01:21 PM
That's not a good idea...

Have you seen me race?

Drinks not needed!

I should buy stock in the Ramada Bar...:D

White Lightnin
07-17-2008, 01:58 PM
There was a guy that drove in the Spencer era that used to drink in the car. The flagman used to stay towards the back of the flagstand because the driver's nickname was "Right Turn".:lol:

Chuck Schartzer
07-18-2008, 08:04 AM
ubelievable:cheers:

zombo
07-18-2008, 11:06 AM
it's so nice to see tracks looking out for the fans. :applause:

bigell14
07-18-2008, 11:22 AM
:applause: <---this icon looks like he is playing turbo hide & seek

zombo
07-18-2008, 03:40 PM
:applause: <---this icon looks like he is playing turbo hide & seek