PDA

View Full Version : NH Mod Race on Speed?

Tooner
07-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Is the Mod Race from NHMS still going to be on tomorrow (Friday the 18th) at noon? I heard something about a conflict between TNT and Speed and it may not be aired, just curious, not trying to start a rumor.

Thanks for any info in advance,

Mike

chrome horn
07-17-2008, 10:42 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad:Nope it will not be on.:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted

Teds Race Tours
07-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Its great that we get to watch a REPEAT of Pinks(a show that I do like) instead of what may have been the best race in the history of NHIS/NHMS. I'd love to speak with the person who made this decision.

fastbackss
07-18-2008, 12:54 PM
I think that we should all still write SPEED/NASCAR and complain that the race wasn't on. Perhaps some letters in support of televising the Mods would open some eyes. Probably not, but at least it would make me feel better.

MOD JUNKIE
07-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Maybe NASCAR did not want a support race to out shine the cabs.

Bullfrog
07-20-2008, 05:15 PM
The reason why it was not aired is because there was no room for the crew to drop the production trailer at the track. The race was never filmed. There were too many other media trailers in the area where they were supposed to park. Don't know why there wasn't enough room or why they could not use another SPEED trailer. I too was extemely dissapointed as I live in the deep south and heard about how good this race was.

BF

Howie
07-20-2008, 05:52 PM
BF, if the race was never filmed, I'm curious what we were watching in the media center SUNDAY morning. It sure looked like the entire race we had seen live the day before. It was followed immediately by a replay of the Nationwide race, just as it happened immediately after the live race the day before, using the same cameras. I find it hard to believe it wasn't "filmed". I also know for a fact that 3 of the VERY BEST TV announcers in the business volunteered to go where ever Speed wanted them to go to do a voice over for the race - at no charge to Speed, to get it on the air. They were turned down. They sure would have done a more professional job than last years broadcast when the announcers couldn't even pronounce drivers names correctly. Maybe if you still have your connections, you can find out the REAL reason it wasn't broadcast. No need to post it if you'd rather not, I'll ask your dad next time I see him at the track. Thanks.

modfan7ny
07-21-2008, 03:16 PM
I emailed Speed to find out what happened and have heard nothing back. If I do hear from them, I'll copy the message into this board.

CareyandCoffey
07-21-2008, 04:17 PM
The race WAS filmed. We were told that no AUDIO exists for the race. We were told there was a mix-up between the networks at the track and the truck used to record the audio was being used by another network, so while video of the race exits, no audio exists. That is what we heard the reason was. Lame if you ask me.

uticamike
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
I agree the two they had last year were not that good. They didn't realise that Tony and Matt were father and son. Pretty lame I thought. What an oppourtunity we have here. There are a ton of very knowlegable people right
here on the Horn' (not me) who would be perfect for a voice over. Fran, Richie, Howie why not? I'd love it. It will be a GDS if this very best of NASCAR
racing is never aired. Mods rule!!

RGeeProductions
07-21-2008, 11:17 PM
I agree. A voice over would be very easy if there is film......

Bullfrog
07-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Howie, I guess my source was wrong. I heard that news from the producer, so I have no other explanation. Sorry for the misinformation. Spare yourself from getting info from my dad as he has the same story. I think he was supposed to spot for the camera crew and that was the info given to him as well. Either way, that sure was a good repeat episode of Pinks All Out that aired instead.:disgusted

Axel
07-22-2008, 09:08 AM
There are a ton of very knowlegable people right
here on the Horn' (not me) who would be perfect for a voice over. Fran, Richie, Howie why not? I'd love it. It will be a GDS if this very best of NASCAR
racing is never aired. Mods rule!!

I am throwing my hat in the ring for the voice over work. I'd work for free!

Howie
07-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks to Jason Christley for the clarification on the modified race video. I received this via email from him this morning.

"The video that was in the Media Center at New Hampshire was from the Sprint Vision cameras, and not SPEED or TNT. Neither Sprint or TNT had the capacity, due to the conflict with the production truck, to produce and broadcast the race."