PDA

View Full Version : Sap Dq'ed

cuzzzy59
07-20-2008, 08:37 AM
whats the story,why is it showing him as being dq'ed.:wave:

W. J.
07-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Because he wouldn't go to the pits to fix his bent up right side nerf bar after the officials changed their minds and told him he had to.

Tower Man
07-20-2008, 10:05 AM
W.J., get the nutra sweet out for that response.

Fkraft99
07-20-2008, 11:27 AM
whether or not your a fan of saps he needed to pit to fix that nerf bar. the bar may have been in tact but it was higher then the window opening. a little bit of side contact could have been dangerous.

W. J.
07-20-2008, 11:55 AM
W.J., get the nutra sweet out for that response.

I was attempting to be as neutral on the matter as possible.:lol:

jeffrey
07-20-2008, 01:06 PM
Riverhead might have lost at least 2 to 3 cars last night because of that joke they called a race.it was nothing but a bumper car fest.and the only reason they told the 36 to pit was because he hit john .there was nothing wrong with that nerf bar.the track told him 3 times the nerf bar was ok to run.thats why he went back to his spot.then as soon as the race was going to restart they told him to pit knowing he wasent going to make it back out before the race started.riverhead is nothing but a joke.now im not a big 36 fan but hey when you get scewed like that.you have to feel alittle bit sorry for the man.and to chuck.dont blame the 74 for the lose of the race.blame the 98x for driven a flat around the track for 3 to 4 laps then looping it to get the yellow so he can change his tire.hes the one that took you out.not the 74.but hey have to pit for a nerf bar.but can drive around as long as you want with a flat.the 98x should of been blacked flaged.but hey just another night at riverhead.nothing never changes.and never will.1 more race and its good bye to riverhead for me.not werth 25 dollers to watch a joke of a race like that.

Hollywood
07-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Why is everyone pussy-footing around this? 5 Doughnuts in the infield, and then the "CLASSY" act of the hand jestures in the infield.. there someone said it. That nerf bar was dangerous! one side collision and you would have had shrapnel flying around.. GOOD JOB MIKE AND JIM! GOOD CALL!

Jaws
07-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Got to love it, when they don't enforce rules, " We are going to loose cars because of non calls" and they do enforce rules, " We're going to loose cars because of calls"

Teds Race Tours
07-20-2008, 01:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98e2CLP6O3A

Make your own conclusions.

jeffrey
07-20-2008, 01:32 PM
you people in here always say when someone dose something like the 36 did last night that his emotions took over him.i gess you only say that if you like that driver.if i was the 36 and i got screwed like that mabe my emotions would take over to.what he did was not right.but put your self in that spot.it was a bad call.

Hollywood
07-20-2008, 01:34 PM
The welds could have easily been broken, or at least cracked... Even if they weren't, It is still a dangerous situation.. a tire could easily go under that nerf bar and wreak havoc. Please don't say "no way" or "It couldn't happen." Remember "Murphy's law"

attituderacing
07-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey Jeff ... The 98x was on the infield with his flat tire.... Try it was the 3!!!

RGeeProductions
07-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Not sure about nothing wrong with the nerf bar.
SAP is a good friend of mine but with the bar this high, it could have be a dangerous situation to run that way.
Dave had a good run going and a shame as to what transpired.

maestri fan 1
07-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Timmy beat me to it. Jeff, Dave was riding around the infeild no where near the racing surface..... The 3 was who spun out.

jeffrey
07-20-2008, 02:04 PM
sorry to the 98x.the track is so dark it looked like the 98x.sorry again.did the track look very dark out there?or was it just me.

fastgal
07-20-2008, 02:11 PM
first you dont like the late models now it is the mods. were you even there? 98 pulling a caution? what sap did was disrepectful to all who were there. and i did miss the 98 hitting john? if i can figure out what your talking about. i thought the caution should have been thrown for wayne who was lucky to get off the track. one thing that i am confused about was that unless the tire was flat you couldn't change it. i saw alot of tire changes. and on a final note when the spectator drags are bumping and grinding you can figure on the night being rough:rolleyes:

Hollywood
07-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Fastgal... you are right.... I spoke to Dave B. after the race... His tire was going down from lap 20 but he knew he couldn't change it. It finally went down and he sent Dan J in the wall. Dan if you don't know, drove for me for 4 years, and obviously is my favorite but Dave came over and apologized like a gentleman. The 3 car BLEW a right rear... it was not going down It blew right in front of me and that caused the melee started. I do have to say that Chris Young ran one of the cleanest races I have seen in a long time. as was SAP, But things happen. "Thats racing" OH how I hate that saying! JMHO

jeffrey
07-20-2008, 02:31 PM
I love the mods.still hate those late models tho.

TMAC
07-20-2008, 02:37 PM
I have to agree with hollywood.That was a accident waiting to happen with that side bar and god forbid if it came off onto a car,under or inside a car.To think that the welder could of cut it off or at least heated it up to bent it down in no time.That was poor sportsmanship.Don't need those actions,sit him down for a week or 2 for creating a scene and unsafe driving.

W. J.
07-20-2008, 03:32 PM
TMAC, if the welder 'cut it off' he couldn't run at all. That nerf bar must be in the safe and proper position for a car to continue in the race. Dave's was kind of high, as the pictures and video show, so it was a good call by the track officials to finally tell him it had to be fixed. He would not have been the only 'front runner' to lose a position because of something wrong wtih the car. It happened in other divisions last night, too. Just sad that a nice guy like Dave let his emotions get the best of him. I guess that means he's human after all.

randomrodder
07-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Brigati didn't hit anyone. There wasn't a mark on his car after the race in the pits.
Edit, as posted, Dave did have an altercation with Dan J. I was referring to the 36 car car.

modified_fan
07-20-2008, 08:27 PM
I realize that that bar was dangerous.

I just get the feelings that the officials did not want to set anyone down for anything.

The outside lane after restarts was No Man's Land. Ask Wayne...Ask Tommy...Ask John. Inside drivers pinched some good machines into the wrecker's hook last night.

Hence, when Sap's car showed the elevated bar, ten minutes of 'discussion' ensued as to what to do. Ten Minutes? Puuuuleeeeze.

fred card
07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
i think the track made the right call on sap his emotions got the best of him but his hand moves in front of the children in the stands should not be let go as far as the race lets try racing each other not knocking out to pass spin to win try passing respect is the word

bulldozer
07-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Whats the offical rule for nerf bars in the modifieds?The nerf bar wasnt above the window as shown in the picture.How can you tell a guy its good on the track then 10 minutes later tell him no good.I went over and checked that nerf bar and nothing was broke just bent up.Now i saw alot of other calls out there that was fishy like tow trucks lifting up cars and they stay in there spot even though i liked that call but dont know if i agree with it. So now if any nerf bar is bent up alittle they have to go into the pits?Where is line drawn on how high or how bent it has to be to be put to the pits? You cant tell the guy good then all the sudden say no good its either one or the other.I mean if you bend it back down you loose strengh in it and then it could fall of if it gets hit again.Where in the rules does it give the defintion of the rule?Didnt like the way they handled that if they said no good from the start then i think there would of been no problem.

sobe
07-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Jeffery You Really Need To Watch The Races Before You Flapping Your Gums, It Was The 74 Fault For Taking Out The Leader She Was Getting The Move Over Flag And And Didnt Listen To It Like The Other Drivers. When They Moved Over Her Spotter Told Her To Pass Them To Pick Up Positions Real Good Move By Both Of Them

randomrodder
07-20-2008, 10:09 PM
It sure did look like they gave him a pass on the nerf bar at first, looked like they gave him two passes. Then just before the restart...........you know the rest of the story.

Tower Man
07-21-2008, 07:27 AM
As Lead Technical Inspector on the NWMT, I have to say the nerf bar was not functional and the rules state the nerf bar MUST be functional. Good call.

As to emotions, I think it was more than emotions. Forget the doughnuts. It was the jestures to the fans, yes the fans that will land him in hot water with the powers to be.

bulldozer
07-21-2008, 02:03 PM
I talked to sap i know for a fact the gestures were only for the flag man holding the black flag and the offical that black flagged him.NOT to any fans.Emotions run high and tempers flare but i know i have watched WWE before and i have seen Stone Cold give plenty of people the middle finger so i know millions of kids have seen it all.Not to say its right but i know i have said and done things when im pissed too. Maybe next time the officals will all be on the same page.Then again maybe there were just thinking about safety and didnt want anyone to get hurt,I just wish they would of said that the first time they looked at it.I wouldnt want there job any day of the week. Hopefully we see sap back this week we dont need to lose any other cars at the head. I hope there isnt a fine or suspention sap has never been a trouble maker at riverhead raceway. There should be a meeting though with the officals and him and straighten this mess out.

Tower Man
07-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I too hope they can all sit down and discuss the matter.

unowho243
07-21-2008, 05:10 PM
dont blame the 74 for the lose of the race.blame the 98x for driven a flat around the track for 3 to 4 laps then looping it to get the yellow so he can change his tire.hes the one that took you out.not the 74.but hey have to pit for a nerf bar.but can drive around as long as you want with a flat.the 98x should of been blacked flaged.but hey just another night at riverhead.nothing never changes.and never will.1 more race and its good bye to riverhead for me.not werth 25 dollers to watch a joke of a race like that.

Excuse my language but WTH are u watching the same race i believe it was the 3 car that spun not the 98x the 98x pulled into the infield and the 3 car spun out.... every time i see your name on here and read your posts i feel is if I've just wasted time out of my life.......:mad:

wayne
07-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Lolol, I Thought It Was A Pretty Good Race,better Than The Past Ones This Year. Tough Brake For Chuck, He Was fast as Hell!!!!

modified_fan
07-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I agree totally with Wayne.

This race had excitement and drama. One did NOT know what was going to happen. Each year provides a race or so that we'll remember for some time.

Between Sap's tirade, the Chuck/Park duel and the sentimental victory of Jimmy B.... this race lots to savor for some time to come.

maestri fan 1
07-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I enjoyed it as well. Good hard racing, and action packed...