PDA

View Full Version : Tire Changes?

nflobster
07-20-2008, 09:46 PM
sorry for hijacking this post but when was a decsion made about not being allowed to change tires? is it to save money? what sense does it make if you as a driver know you have a tire problem and cannot rectify it? i suppose taking a chance in wrecking cars is smarter than changing a tire if warrented? i saw the three puting air in the right rear on a previous caution and now i know why. this is not intended pick on anyone but if you cannot afford a spare tire what are you doing racing a modified? i am pretty shure andrews would have liked to change that leaking tire but rules are changed mid season. ride it till it blows makes no sense and in the case sat nite it caused some problems. i also noticed the 98 riding for what seemed 15 or more laps on a leaker till it went down. most of those guys put many hours and many dollars into their cars every week and to say no tire unless it is completly flat is not saving any money. as for what sap did was wrong but i have seen in the past nerf bars held on with bungee cords. i understand potentially dangerous but they let worse slide. two wrongs dont make a right but sap was wronged in this case. if he kept his cool and argued after the races behind closed doors i can see no penality but what he did with his gestures deserves punishment.