PDA

View Full Version : Time Trials

wayne
07-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Anyone interested?? I think if we get everyone in the division to agree we can get one.

Turbo
07-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I am definately in favor of that. Time Trial 30 lapper would be cool. or 50 lapper for the last race of the year on the saturday night we run with the enduros.

Tracy87BB
07-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Directly from Bob Finan's "Eye on Riverhead"

SPT to go 30-laps. With stronger fields in 2008 than ever before Barbara and Jim Cromarty have announced that the Super Pro trucks will race 30-laps on Saturday September 13th and qualify with time trials. The race is a single point event, as are all the races that night for the other divisions.

LEAD LAP
07-23-2008, 11:11 AM
FINALLY. It's only one race, but it's a start. First time I've seen something discussed here make it through to the "management".

Thanks for the info, Tracey. I assume that it's a straight-foward time trial. The fastest Truck gets the pole, the slowest starts in the rear.

One "minor" detail: Will the Trucks go out one at a time, or in groups ?

Tracy87BB
07-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Lead Lap, this is something the officials have been working on for some time now. It was brought up at the SPT meeting back in January, and I would assume that the decent car counts and decent racing both contributed to the decision.

All time trial races at Riverhead this year have been straight-up time. It is my understanding that came at the request of drivers. So yes, that would mean the fastest truck would get the pole, the next fastest truck would be on the outside pole, and so on through the field.

I do not believe there will be "group qualifying". Unless someone informs me differently, I will assume it will be the same as every other time trial show that has been run at the track this season. All trucks will go through whatever tech the track deems appropriate and get into the chute. The whole field will go out into the infield at once, but the trucks will take time individually.

Turbo
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
SWEEEEET!!! :applause::applause::applause::cheers:

wayne
07-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Thats awesome!!!

LEAD LAP
07-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Tracy,

Once again, thanks for the info.

bulldozer
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
What can we say but a big pat on the back to bob finan and the officals for getting this for the trucks.We are all quick to bad mouth the officals for this and that, me including. But i am also the first one to say great job also.:)

Fkraft99
07-24-2008, 01:24 PM
hey bub ya got something on your nose... lol