PDA

View Full Version : GRANDVIEW Enduro Cars to New Egypt

4speed
07-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Just about all the 8 cyl cars that I saw running at Grandview would be able to race at New Egypt this Sunday 7/27. Just about everyone has a roll cage. Do not need fuel cell, gas tank to be mounted in back seat. DO NOT need high density roll bar padding. Regular roll bar padding is fine. There may be only two saftey parts that might need to be changed on your car which are an up to date 5 point harness, and a racing seat. It is much safer to have the racing seat anyway and they can be found used for cheap prices.
Wanna go REAL FAST? Come check out the 1/2 mile New Egypt Speedway.

dirtmodfan
07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I spoke to Slim last night and I am pretty sure that you do not have to use a racing seat. If you raced at Grandview or Big D, you are pretty close to being legal. You need to have fire retardant underwear and a neck collar. Your belts need to be within 2 years of manufacturing as well. I think that is all correct. If not, email slim1972@msn.com.

EnduroFromDE
07-24-2008, 10:16 PM
What kinda car count do they run there...this is just 6/8 cyls no 4 cyl correct...how wbout the others cars that are going to be there that day...what kinda car count do othey ussally have???

4speed
07-25-2008, 06:11 AM
Last race had about 26 8cylinders, and half dozen four cylinders. Hope to see more cars this Sunday. If there is not enough four cylinders they will run with the eights. Surprisingly there was a four cylinder that was running second to #1 Rich Reider (Outlaw Stock) and for a while was right on his rear bumper. That four cylinder ran in the Outlaw Stock feature race. Everyone was amazed at how well that four cylinder was hookin up. If the track is wet, the front wheel drive has the advantage.

NJ Chick
07-25-2008, 12:00 PM
The count was higher because they let the Outlaw Stocks run in the enduro. But it didn't seem to make too much of a difference as the enduro cars seemed to do ok running with them. I know some enduro guys were upset they had to run with the Outlaw Stocks, that's the only reason I mention it here so no one is surprised when they get there. We are pretty sure we will be there too! Hopefully, NO RAIN!:wave: