PDA

View Full Version : turn 2 wreck

gswracing
07-25-2008, 04:01 PM
just wondering if anyone in the pit stands has vidio of my car, #31 red&black mustang 4cyl, hitting the wall in turn 2?don't know what happened car just turned right. someone told me it looked like something broke in the front. kinda hard to tell now that the car is destroyed. broke the motor, the trans, but racing at grandview priceless. hope we get to run there again just a little less water next time.
shop #484 478 8110
home 610 328 1395
thanks,
:cheers:jeff walls:cheers:

CJfilms
07-25-2008, 05:11 PM
um...how about a half hour less water next time? I like that idea! I second that idea!! Joe is crazy!! Yes he is!! ...anyways...

Our first race on the hill was a learning experience...not just for the drivers, but al.so for us wearing the white...well, darkened and stained white after that race! I have a much better idea from all of the great input and feedback I have been receiving how the track should feel for the ...next one!!! Cross your fingers!!!!

Gary will be sending me a DVD soon, I HOPE!!! So, if there is anything on there, I will let you know, ok?

RICK16RACIN
07-26-2008, 11:28 PM
I was the flagger in turn 2 , and yes it was a right front tie rod end broke !!! It was dragging when you hit the wall. I thought you were the fastest out there till then! Rick

Lad3der
07-27-2008, 01:14 PM
no less water just run the big cars first, and let them dry the track out

gswracing
07-27-2008, 08:16 PM
thanks rick, good to know it wasn't a brain fart. it was hard to tell with the car as bad as it was. got a couple more mustangs in the back yard, and i'll be back for the next one.
thanks again,
jeff