PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

racinpr
07-25-2008, 04:17 PM
It is with an incredibly heavy heart that I make this post. The Modified Racing community has lost one of it's most shining racing personalities. Brian Pack, one of the Southern Modifieds most popular drivers, was killed today in an accident near his home.

God Speed, Brian. Your smiling face, your enthusiasm for the sport, and your welcomed friendship will be missed.

All of us at C&C Racing Promotions extend our sincerest condolences to Gene and the entire Pack Family.

Howie
07-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow, that is indeed sad news. One of the things I always looked forward to when at a race down south was stopping by the Packs hauler. Brian truly was fun to be around. Always smiling, always friendly, always helpful, and always fun to root for. Loosing Brian is a huge loss to the entire modified family.

Our condolences to Gene and the entire Pack Family. Rest in Peace Brian. You will be missed.

Brian Hawks
07-25-2008, 04:54 PM
God Speed Sapo!

Being apart of Gene's crew and working for the Packs for over 3 years..

Brian will be greatly missed. One of the nicest guys with a smile always on his face, he would turn your bad day around anytime.

Gene and his entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

randomrodder
07-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Our condolenses to the entire Pack family, crew and friends on their loss.
Godspeed Brian Pack, RIP.

mends
07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
i'm still at a loss...

brian was probably my best friend at this point in my life...

i have to go over there now, and i'm scared...

holleratme
07-25-2008, 05:46 PM
All of us with Jamie Tomaino's ,JT MOTORSPORTS Team along with our sponsors extend our sympathies and prayers to the Pack Family.

We remember Brian (Sapo) as a real down to earth guy who was a competitor and a friend. Let us all remember Brian as a Real Racer, he took his losses and enjoyed his good runs BUT he always was a class act on and off the track.
GOD SPEED SAPO:*-(

Jamie "The Jet" Tomaino
Phoenix Pre Owned Auto Sales
Triad Auto Sales
Green Flag Graphics
Cleanup Supply

mends
07-25-2008, 06:26 PM
this is how you should remember brian

http://www.mendsimage.com/images/ACE_4_11_08_340small.jpg

chrome horn
07-25-2008, 06:37 PM
I couldn't believe the message when I got it From Charli. This is truly sad. Brian was one of the few people I considered my welcoming committee whenever I was down south.
To Mends, Gene and all of Brian's friends and family, know that you are in my families thoughts and prayers and may you all find the strength to make it through this.
And Brian, thanks for the memories....Especially Martinsville 2005

Jaws
07-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Our prayers are with the Pack family.

fattdaddy61
07-25-2008, 07:15 PM
The Bobby Grigas III Racing Team would like to express our deepest condolences to the entire Pack Family. It is with regret that we heard the sad news today. Brian may you Rest in Peace, and God Bless.

Camper Lady
07-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Pack family at this time. God Speed you will be missed

Joe and Linda Brady
and crew of Brady Bunch Racing

Chris
07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
My prayers are with the family and friends. I enjoyed watching him race when I traveled down south.....God speed

Jill
07-25-2008, 09:04 PM
We would like to extend our sympathies to the Pack family and all those close to Brian.

Jason Mitchell recently wrote a nice article on the Packs on nascar.com. Go to the following link to read the article: http://localracing.nascar.com/node/750.

We will always have fond thoughts of Brian as being a very down-to-earth guy.

Rich Kuiken Jr. Racing NWSMT #98

SIModified
07-25-2008, 09:48 PM
I was sitting in Charlotte traffic when Zach Brewer called me with the news. My immediate response was to call Fran, Howie and Matt Dillner. I then called several other folks, because Brian was that popular.

This is a huge loss to the Whelen Southern Modified Tour.

I want to send my condolences to Mends, Lil' Brian and the rest of the Pack family, teams and fans.

Brian was always one of those guys you saw every week who was happy to be there. I enjoyed sharing the picnic table with him during our driver's meetings at Bowman Gray and he was always curious as to how I was doing, even though I was spotting for Junior Miller.

I had heard about the history between Junior and Brian and it didn't seem to phase his opinion of me and we often stopped and talked. There were even times I went to him for advice.

All of us at SIModified.com share in this loss, and I have posted a small tribute on the front page.

Godspeed Sapo. You will be missed.

KyleMac45
07-25-2008, 10:05 PM
RIP Brian Pack...

Kyle

MOD JUNKIE
07-26-2008, 09:33 AM
This is very sad news, our thoughts and prayers are with Brians family,....Mends, thats a great picture of Brian,....RIP.

RGeeProductions
07-26-2008, 12:22 PM
My condolences go to the Pack family.
May GOD bless....
Some additional info found here (http://www.southernmodified.com/2008/Brianpack_7_25_08.htm)...

Sandra
07-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Out thoughts and prayers are with the Pack family and all of Brian's crew.

The Hillbilly Race Team

Precision Auto
07-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Brian.

Linda and Norm Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

Howie
07-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Arrangements for Brian can be found Here (http://obituaries.journalnow.com/WinstonSalem/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=114223889)

SIModified
07-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Just want to share my observations from Bowman Gray last night:

EVERY Modified crew member and driver stood on the front stretch where the grass meets the asphalt in a makeshift "receiving line" as Brian's crew, family members and kids pushed Brian's Bowman Gray Modified around the race track in a ceremonial "Final Lap".

Announcer Tim McGuire asked the fans for a moment of silence, as the car came out onto the track. As the car rolled towards turn one, the fans began applauding, then different sections of the stadium either stood in silence, or clapped as the car passed.

As the car rolled back towards the pit area, Tim (the announcer) read "The Racer's Prayer", then they played the national anthem and the night's program began.

One final salute was Brian's car behind the pace car for the start of the first 25 lap modified feature. There was a banner hanging on the back of the car that read "Always Remember Sapo #81."

Burt Myers won the first 25 lap feature, while Brent Elliott won the second. Every driver in each division mentioned Brian and his family in Victory Lane, last night.

Linda
07-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Very sad to come back from vacation with this news. We have lost another talented modified driver. Condolences and deepest sympathy for his family and friends. Rick and Linda

Axel
07-28-2008, 11:39 AM
This is late as I was away this weekend.

All of our thoughts and prayers are with the pack family during this difficult time. God bless and god speed...
-Axel and family