PDA

View Full Version : LEgendstock Question. If that is ok on this board.

btgoss
07-25-2008, 08:48 PM
I am liking what I am seeing about this Legendstock race. I think it could end up being something pretty special. But I have questions about the track and the race, and if anyone can answer them here, that would be great.

Who owns the track? The promoters? (The Rockets? or a group called FGR? Are they the same?) I only ask because I know that track is very dear to the people race there, that not being asphalt racing territory at all. So I wonder if these people, aside from special events like Legendstock, are going to be able to offer the potential for a future that those people would need. I am just asking our of curiosity, no other reason.

My second question is more practical. I am thinking about making the trip up for that race. With over 100 car expected to run, where are they going to seat the people who will want to watch the racing. I admit the last time I was was over 11 years ago. But I don't recall a lot of seats. To be honest, I don't recall alot of the other things a racetrack should have, like walls and catch fence. (Watching Supers on that track with full DIRT Mods was a bit un-nerving to be honest,)

But I want to know, should I bring some lawn chairs?

Jaws
07-26-2008, 01:24 PM
BT, I have never been there but from pictures I saw of the place last year, my guess the place is about the same.

The promotors are the same that last ran the track 2 years ago.

I was also thining of going but it is a long ride from LI.

Do you really think there will be 100 cars for a $3,000.00 purse? And that big of a crowd?

Tracy87BB
07-27-2008, 12:40 AM
btgoss, I know that general information regarding the LegendStock 2008 race can be obtained at www.legendstock2008.com. General information pertaining to the track itself can be obtained at www.bethelmotorspeedway.com.

RickFigure8
07-27-2008, 02:59 PM
If you go to my youtube channel I have a couple videos from when we raced in the open comp race there some years ago. I doubt it has changed too much. It only had a front stretch grandstand. http://youtube.com/user/figureeightracer

chevycraft
07-27-2008, 03:33 PM
I raced at this track 2 yrs ago before it closed. there is a guard rail / wall around the track . there also is grand stands that would seat around a thousand people . the track is asphalt but the pits are not. there is a small area where you could put a lawn chair. I spoke to the new owner, and he is a racer, dedicated to legends and banolero`s.he is not the promotor. The track is 3 hrs from long island . hope this helps. go and race !!