PDA

View Full Version : What An Awful Call

Nascarracerso
07-27-2008, 03:16 PM
I would have to say and I think MOST spectators would agree that the "rough riding" call enforced on the 39 last night was completely false and uncalled for. In my opinion, considering the 39 was CONSIDERABLY faster than the 35, the 39 was as patient as possible. For what I could see and most others could see is that the 35 left the inside open going into turn 1. The 39 stuck his nose in the hole like your suppose to do, which should leave the 39 sticking to the bottom racing line, and the 35 riding along the high racing groove. All of sudden, it seems that the 35 almosts stops in the center of the corner, all while realizing the 39 was under him, and then deciding the pull down and block the 39, even though the inside groove was already occupied. The 39, having no place to go while the 35 preformed an extreme left turn, jammed on the brakes and slightly tapped the left rear of the 35 UNINTENTIONALLY. For some reason the 35 kept his foot in the gas which ultimatly caused the eventuall complete spin of his race car. Not at all did the 39 drive through him, in fact he slowed and gave the 35 room to correct. Litterally seconds after that the 39 was sent to the rear for "rough riding." Because you know, Roger Oxee is the dirtiest racer out their and is the cause many recks in the late models. He doesnt race anyone clean and hits everyone and everything. For all thoughs who don't realize this, that was sarcasim. What really pissed me off was the so called "officials" didn't put the afore mentioned information into consideration of making the call. Even before the field completed a half-lap under caution, the boned-headed call was made. Yes, I can see that from a non-racer's prospective, this racing incident would look intentional. But to be an official, don't you have to be somewhat knowledgable when it comes to racing? By that call, I would have to question one person's racing intelligence. Overall, to put things into prospective, the 39 had the position going into turn one under the 35. Fearing that all the blocking he was doing on the previous laps would be proved uselss (which it was), he decided to ruin both their nights, instead of turning a top 2 finish, into a top 10 finish, which isn't saying much consering they're was a 11 car field. The 35 came down on the 39, its that simple. The 39 was MUCH faster and was trying to get around the "extra-wide" 35 for a number of laps. I would think that a driver would know that if your staight-away lead is deminished in a matter of laps, you would know that your car is slower and maybe I should race smart and not ruin both competetors nights. And the fact that the officials can't realize this, really frightens me for what could happen in future races. I've seen many people get away with taking out another racer where in that case it was actually intentional and they did drive through the other racer, and actaully ended up getting away with it! And what about the 3 taking out the 49 in the modified race? How come know "rough riding" call was made in that race or against those drivers? Seems a little odd to me. And for another thing, it is becoming clearer and clearer to me why car counts are extremely low at riverhead.

fastgal
07-27-2008, 04:16 PM
the three has gotten away with alot this year and in many opinions too much. it is about who you know and also might have been a opertunity to stick it to roger for having those meetings......sad:(

RovinPromotions
07-27-2008, 04:27 PM
BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS,thats all i need to say. :cheers:

RacerGirl39
07-27-2008, 05:33 PM
The rough riding call on the 39 was completly ridiculous. He obviosly had the car to beat, how could you call that rough riding when the 35 car came down on him?? We need some real officals to make the CORRECT descisions...

Rubbin&Racin
07-27-2008, 05:38 PM
:(:disgusted:*-(so saddddddddddddddddd to read 11 cars.....SAD!!!

Fkraft99
07-27-2008, 05:53 PM
unfortunatley i have to disagree. do i think roger went in there with the intentions of taking out the 35? absolutley not. it seemed the 35 was tight and had to slow up a lot more in the center then rj did. but when he did the 39 got into the back of him and thats what cause him to spin out. and i believe that if the shoe was on the other foot, roger would have been expecting a penatly to whomever did it to him.

like i said i do NOT think roger had any intentions of taking out the 35, cause he was def faster. think he just wasnt expecting the 35 to slow up as much as he did and got into the back of him. just a racing deal. sucked for both drivers.

Nascarracerso
07-27-2008, 06:00 PM
the 35 came down on the 39 which resulted in the contact which caused the spin.

mccoystax
07-27-2008, 07:59 PM
That was a horrible call on the 39 last night. And to top things off the non call on the 3 in the mod race was completely nuts. Makes one wonder.

Jeff T
07-27-2008, 08:08 PM
I, for one, am tired of the B.S. calls being made by our "officials". What happened between the 35 and 39 not so long ago would have been classified as a "Racing Incident". Now if you even so much as breathe on a car in front of you and he goes around, it's called as "Rough Riding".
Or is it???
It seems that during modified main, the 3 tanks the 49 and sends him to the infield, yet NOTHING IS DONE. Is there now a different set of rules for every division, or does just depend on who you are??? Who knows...maybe it is both! I'm sorry Mr. "Chief Steward", but you can't have it both ways. If the 39 supposedly "Rough Rode" the 35, then what do you consider the actions that the 3 mod did to the 49 mod? THAT should have been the rough riding call. I guess maybe you missed one, huh???
Bottom line as far as I am concerned is this- Did the 39 intentionally dump the 35? Not at all. Was is rough riding? No, it was a racing incident. Do I feel bad for Kenny? Yes, it was an unfortunate incident. Did RJ get screwed? Yup, sure did.
By the way Freddie, RJ has been on the receiving end of the "rough riding" several times, including the one about 4 weeks ago during the feature...he wasn't leading, but he got driven through just the same. Even so, nothing was ever done to rectify these past "incidents".

RACENUT
07-27-2008, 08:32 PM
The Officials Are quicker to make the call When You Take Out The Leader, Which They Should Be . When You Make Contact With The Leader And He Goes Around You Should Be Put To The Rear, Accident Or Not. Every One Says Roger Was So Much Faster So He Should Have Waited Until He Had A Clean Pass And Not Push The Issue Right Away and as fred stated if the shoe was on the other foot, i'm sure roger and his fans would have expected ken to be put to the rear.

Turbo
07-27-2008, 08:38 PM
This same thing has happened to my father and the 35 ended up spinning but nobody said anything about it not being my fathers fault. I for one can vouch R J did not do it on purpose for sure but the 35 swings it into the corner little wider than most and cuts down on the corners and Im not exactly sure how far he was up to his door for the spotter to say he was under him. I wanted to see R J win that race all the way, go get em next race man!!!

how about them saying doug wholey was a lap down after his encounter saying they completed the lap and he didnt? what happens if there is a car on the edge of the lead lap in front of the leaders and the caution comes out, that car obviously wouldnt have completed the same laps as the leaders so does that automatically mean he has to go a lap down?!?!?! Meanwhile in the mod race the 20 spins low and never goes, field completed that lap and he is still on the lead lap without completing that lap!! Goes back to the last completed lap right? Just simple mathematics here........Why cant we get simple calls that happen everyweek correct!?! :disgusted

leah28racing
07-27-2008, 08:44 PM
all i have to say is where is dan turbish ? hehehehhe
little boring without him.nothing against anyone in the latemodel. but dan needs to get better quicker .....miss him out there

nflobster
07-27-2008, 08:59 PM
is the guy who makes "the call" the same one who flagged the race a couple weeks ago?

bulldozer
07-27-2008, 09:09 PM
I watched the incident happen i think roger was just starting to get underneth the 35 at the flag man.He just wasnt in there far enough.I know he tried to avoid spinning the 35 but it happened, i think they could of just gave him a warning because we all know it wasnt intentional.I know roger probobly felt worse than anyone.I know if roger could take it back he would of waited maybe another lap or so and he would of won easy.

Dynamite might be back in the next race and he will be racing at mountain aug 23 in the 50 lapper.

randomrodder
07-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I was sitting between turns one and two, no way was RJ rough riding the 35. Oxie had a nose under him when the 35 came back down on him. Oxie had nowhere to go, if he backed out at all he had a full field behind thim that would have not only rattled his cage but taken out a few other cars. RJ drove it in clean when the 35 went wide, I saw it happen, I follow RJ some and I also saw the 35 come down on him.
I couldn't believe the rough driving call either. Sorry guys, bad call.

Ace
07-27-2008, 11:32 PM
I didn't see the incident between the 35 and 39. There would be alot less wrecks if guys would ride the outside lane when a car is under them instead of hanging a left.

It seems that during modified main, the 3 tanks the 49 and sends him to the infield, yet NOTHING IS DONE. Is there now a different set of rules for every division, or does just depend on who you are??? Who knows...maybe it is both! I'm sorry Mr. "Chief Steward", but you can't have it both ways. If the 39 supposedly "Rough Rode" the 35, then what do you consider the actions that the 3 mod did to the 49 mod? THAT should have been the rough riding call.
It seems everytime the 3 is behind the 49, the samething happens with the 49 getting dumped and nothing happens to the 3.:confused:

smiley27414
07-28-2008, 02:39 AM
Rj Is The Cleanest Racer In The Latemodels. That Was So Wrong Last Night!! Roger That Was So Ur Race!!!!!

wally28
07-28-2008, 09:47 AM
I have to agree with Freddie, except I think he caught him in the left rear. The rest of you must be huge RJ fans?! Basically Roger ran Kenny down like he was on sitting on jackstands and then divebombed under him entering turn 1. Intentional dumping ? no, but a dumb move at best. My question is does anyone remember where the outside groove is? as fast as he was he could have cleared him in one straightaway and probably won by 1/2 a lap. Yes he was there for 3-4 laps but they were both working on a lap car and had to clear him first. The leader has the right to run his line and it's up to the 2nd place car to figure out how to pass him. I guess when someone is faster you're supposed just lay over and hand the lead to him? jmho

Nascarracerso
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I don't know what race you were watching. By no means did the 39 divebomb under the 35. The 35 left the hole wide open, therefore leaving the 39 plenty of room to get under the 35. Why would you wait and get blocked more when a perfectly good oppurtunity like that presents itself?

jemalfano
07-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Time to put the record straight.

Being one of the two people envolved in this RACING INCIDENT, I have to say my piece.

First of all this was just a racing incident. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. Was my car going away? YES. Was Roger faster than me? HELL YEAH! Did he take me out on purpose? NO WAY!

Second, the officials made the only call they could. Especially after we put them in the position to do it at our last meeting.

Third Roger and I were racing. I knew he was going to get me on the back stretch that lap, anyone who says otherwise was watching the wrong race. I may have checked up a little too much, and he went in a little to fast, but these things happen. Let it go folks. I have in the past and will continue in the future to race Roger clean as he has done with me.

Kenny Alfano

RacerGirl39
07-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Sorry to see that happen but its nice to see that there are no bitter feelings about it.

FERGBIZZ
07-28-2008, 05:56 PM
It seems everytime the 3 is behind the 49, the samething happens with the 49 getting dumped and nothing happens to the 3.:confused:

amen buddy!

jeffrey
07-28-2008, 06:05 PM
kenny is a good guy and a very good driver.its just ashame with all the bad luck he is haveing.so kenny keep your head up and keep on driveing hard.A big ken alfano fan.

randomrodder
07-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Spoken like a true gentleman Kenny. Kudos. :cool:

Golf Guy
07-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Time to put the record straight.

Being one of the two people envolved in this RACING INCIDENT, I have to say my piece.

First of all this was just a racing incident. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. Was my car going away? YES. Was Roger faster than me? HELL YEAH! Did he take me out on purpose? NO WAY!

Second, the officials made the only call they could. Especially after we put them in the position to do it at our last meeting.

Third Roger and I were racing. I knew he was going to get me on the back stretch that lap, anyone who says otherwise was watching the wrong race. I may have checked up a little too much, and he went in a little to fast, but these things happen. Let it go folks. I have in the past and will continue in the future to race Roger clean as he has done with me.

Kenny Alfano

Kenny good job coming on here and clearing things up before they got out of hand. I was once told by a very good racer that only 2 people know the truth behind a incident and even then they only have 50% of the argument!

LongIslandJam
07-28-2008, 08:34 PM
And now we got both sides of the issue. The track can reserve the right to call virtually any incident rough riding as it's such a vague term. As long as the calls are consistent - that's all one can ask for.

With that, all sides are covered and the issue is closed.