PDA

View Full Version : Carey and Coffey 35 @ GPNY-- RACE REPORT

KyleMac45
07-27-2008, 09:30 PM
First off things went well Ryan Preece had the fastest lap of the day at a 28.305... So the race went off at 1:15 as promised and I was the flagger of the even... I told all 4 drivers I wanted a clean and safe race... Jay Coffey and Matt Carey started on the front row... The cars were out on the track they took one pace lap then the green flag flew! It was not long before Ryan Preece and Todd Szegedy made it to the front... the race went green most of the way before some debris was found on the track... someone took off there neck collar and threw it on the track! The green flag flew with just 7 laps remaining! now again with just 2 to go the yellow flew again... someone else threw there neck collar on the track! We then had a green, white, checkered on our hands! We went back green and Ryan Preece tried to make a hole that didn't work out! Matt Carey then made it threw the wreckage and gained the lead taking the win! With Todd Szegedy taking the second position and Ryan Preece taking third leaving last place for Jay Coffey who finished one lap down.

We then had a second a little later on in the day with about 12 of us on the track! I decided to take the track and race with the pro's and let me tell you I will gladly stick with racing with the normal people NOT the pro's!

Official of the Carey and Coffey 35 Presented by ESPN 940/1510 Radio-

1- Matt Carey
2- Todd Szegedy
3- Ryan Preece
4- Jay Coffey -1 Lap

PS- Also on hand to witness todays race was Stafford Speedway SK Modified Driver Richie Pallai Jr. Richie hoped in to a kart a little later in with me and WMT drivers Ryan Preece and Todd Szegedy...

Kyle McGowan
Carey and Coffey Fan Club President

PHOTO'S AND VIDEOS COMING SOON