PDA

View Full Version : Spec Drags rules? ? wth!!!

wayne
07-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Heard that Tech inspectors made Don Carasiti take his bottle out for the spectator race,any truth to that ???

SuperShafts
07-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Rumors are that a car or 3 cars was/were inspected for equipment and ruled that they had to remove there n2o bottles from the car?

Now what would be a problem with them running n2o if they need it?

If n2o is not allowed then why would other modified vehicles be allowed?

This is after all spec drags, and if you can drive it in that way, then run what you brung... If you can't beat the guy with it, go and get it...... if you think that's all you need...

I didn't cry foul that some run substancially better tires and or even play or dabble with the bottle, if you can't beat the car with it, then make yours better...
If you can't win in spec drags then maybe try a division with rules that seem to work for the crying type...
Remember 1 thing though, there is no division for the crying type...

wayne
07-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Supershafts, who the heck are you talking to. LOL

The Bullfather
07-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Stop starting rumors...:lol: If you heard it , it must be a rumor, but from what I've heard...I don't want to start rumors, we'll leave it at that!:) Man he got killed off the line!

SuperShafts
07-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Supershafts, who the heck are you talking to. LOL

Im hoping to people making last minute rule changes as they go see it and leave it alone
AND
To whowever the cry babies are that can't win and gotta cry about it to get some bs handicapping so they can win....

I do not want to race a depowered all time winner for the win....

What would the win mean when the win comes at a easy hand it to you win...

If you come week after week with the same set-up and lose, guess what, you lose...
Or you crash like others... Learn or retire, stop crying, this isn't a doll house game and calling no fair

The Bullfather
07-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Guess we can soak tires then too!

SuperShafts
07-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Guess we can soak tires then too!

If you want to soak tires in spec drag, be my guest, i'll even sell you the good stuff and explain how to apply it...

They can soak drag radials or m/t streets for all i care...

SuperShafts
07-28-2008, 07:25 PM
He was not the only 1

W. J.
07-28-2008, 08:33 PM
This is not a rumor: They made him remove or change something.

W. J.
07-28-2008, 08:37 PM
The point here is that the car is supposed to be STREET legal, and nitrous oxide bottles are illegal for use on the street. Now we know why some of these cars came to the track on trailers, and were not driven there.

Good call by the officials.

nobandwagonhere
07-28-2008, 08:56 PM
I talk to Don evry spect. drag race before and after; whether Im running it or not. Ive come down to victory lane with him before. I was parked right next to him in the shute when he was called to tech. It is no secret, he was told to disconnect the bottle. It is what it is. As far as crying, I didnt hear or read about anyone crying. Maybe some pom-poms got a little wet or something and misinterpreted (sp) a question for crying. I dont know.
When I run, I run for fun, to fill a field, and put on a good show (try to anyway). Me and Don have rubbed tires plenty of times. We both have the scars to prove it. Him and that black blazer are the only 2 cars that have beaten me so far and I run JUNK. Anyone can tell you that. Its fun. Thats why I do it...for fun and crowd response. I like being the underdog and slowly catching the man to beat. As far as runnung a bottle, well the proof is in the pudding. Apparently he needed it. I PERSONALLY THINK A BOTTLE SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED. But knowing him, he WILL be back with more than that. Like I said, I get along with Don great. Nothing I say on here I havent said to him in person. God knows he isnt the fans choice...but you cant say they dont know who he is:rolleyes:.How about the average Joe in the stands that says to his wife and kids "Id like to do that..Im going to run our car". That is what I thought this started out to be years back and why we do it. To encourage other newcomers and fans to join in. But why bother when cars are coming in on trailers? If thats the case then maybe the TRAILER guys should move up a division. And before it gets too far, I know of certain drivers who recently set up cars specifically for spec. drag to basically say " someone has to beat this guy" and Im not knocking them, Im applauding them. A few of them would give that trophy to anyone who asked for it.
One question though...how much fun is it winning every single time you run?.....I LIKE a challenge...I love coming from the back. This didnt start 3 years ago...run whatcha brung been around a long time. Bring back the good old days when they used to run 30 cars TOGETHER...if you want to impress me, run that with a bottle.
Just my 2 cents.

Donny "Boom-Boom" Oliver
FLANDERS

randomrodder
07-28-2008, 11:51 PM
How about the old days at Islip, 6 laps of run what you brung? Talk about all out racing street cars. One on one spectator racing has nothing on the old spectator racing at all. With fields of over a dozen to twenty cars. :drool:

nobandwagonhere
07-29-2008, 12:05 AM
How about the old days at Islip, 6 laps of run what you brung? Talk about all out racing street cars. One on one spectator racing has nothing on the old spectator racing at all. With fields of over a dozen to twenty cars. :drool:

Your absolutely right.:cheers::applause:

deathwishracin1
07-29-2008, 01:01 AM
i ran in that spectator drag. the only car i saw being teched was don's firebird. not only were they checking for the bottle but they spent a while checking his tires to see if they are street legal. the only story an official gave on using a bottle that i ever heard was probably two seasons ago the official said they feel the track is too small to safely use nitrous. there used to be a beretta in the drags that they checked after they found out he had a bottle and they made him disconnect it each time. i agree that nitrous shouldnt be allowed. these cars are supposed to be street legal. as was already said an open bottle is not street legal. i go out there for fun and dont mind a heavily modded car beating me but at least keep it legal. its not like there is money to be won.

leah28racing
07-29-2008, 09:43 AM
does anyone know what streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet legal means?
no bottle. end of story.
why should you be able to win over and over again. when you shouldnt have to begin with ?because you had something in your car that was not suppose to be there.
no money to be won anyway. why spend the money on the bottle anyway... just to win a trophy that isn't won FAIR AND SQUARE.

tstiles
07-29-2008, 09:45 AM
but i aggree

alch96
07-29-2008, 09:53 AM
yea the firebird has nos, it also has 195,000 miles, gets driven to the city on the expressway for work, has a tired 305 with 160 hp, how much of a shot do you think he can put in it without blowing it up? that was the only car that got tech, and it was due to some cry baby, tech didn't say a thing when they rolled a 400 hp corvette off the trailer with 4 hoosier racing tires.
Stop the b.s. and let them race. whats next? they gonna check directional signals, and wipers?

leah28racing
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
hE ONLY DID THAT TO BEAT HIM. JUST LIKE DON DID IT TO EVERYONE ELSE. CHEAT THEM!!!!!!!!!!

W. J.
07-29-2008, 10:03 AM
yea the firebird has nos, it also has 195,000 miles, gets driven to the city on the expressway for work, has a tired 305 with 160 hpBut it comes to Riverhead on a trailer?

that was the only car that got tech, and it was due to some cry baby, tech didn't say a thing when they rolled a 400 hp corvette off the trailer with 4 hoosier racing tires.
Stop the b.s. and let them race. whats next? they gonna check directional signals, and wipers?Maybe they're just trying to make it what it is supposed to be:Street cars racing for a trophy. What kind of ego spends that kind of money for a trophy???

alch96
07-29-2008, 10:03 AM
well the scores still 0ne win each with that corvette , i'd like to see em run again !

alch96
07-29-2008, 10:04 AM
it gets driven to riverhead

tstiles
07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
the vette was normal aspiration . regularly aspirated motors are street leagel last i checked . the nos is not . so pipe down with ur weak argument lol . and as far as what size shot... around a 100 to 175 is my .hypothesis. maybe 200

yea the firebird has nos, it also has 195,000 miles, gets driven to the city on the expressway for work, has a tired 305 with 160 hp, how much of a shot do you think he can put in it without blowing it up? that was the only car that got tech, and it was due to some cry baby, tech didn't say a thing when they rolled a 400 hp corvette off the trailer with 4 hoosier racing tires.
Stop the b.s. and let them race. whats next? they gonna check directional signals, and wipers?

W. J.
07-29-2008, 11:30 AM
it gets driven to riverhead

I (and others) saw it loaded ONTO A TRAILER 2 weeks ago in the lot next door to the track.

RPMcGrellis414
07-29-2008, 12:16 PM
I (and others) saw it loaded ONTO A TRAILER 2 weeks ago in the lot next door to the track.

Ive seen this car as well as a car from "vermont" being towed away from the track and dosent Don's car have racing tires???

leah28racing
07-29-2008, 12:32 PM
yes it does

LongIslandJam
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Well the bottom line is that the one-on-one spectator drags should have street-legal cars only. From my understanding, it's NOT a run-what-you-brung race. As long as that's clear, then there shouldn't be any problems.

And, I assume as with any division, there's the right to protest.

unowho243
07-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Rumors are that a car or 3 cars was/were inspected for equipment and ruled that they had to remove there n2o bottles from the car?

Now what would be a problem with them running n2o if they need it?

If n2o is not allowed then why would other modified vehicles be allowed?

This is after all spec drags, and if you can drive it in that way, then run what you brung... If you can't beat the guy with it, go and get it...... if you think that's all you need...

I didn't cry foul that some run substancially better tires and or even play or dabble with the bottle, if you can't beat the car with it, then make yours better...
If you can't win in spec drags then maybe try a division with rules that seem to work for the crying type...
Remember 1 thing though, there is no division for the crying type...

where has ur jeep been

and honestly who cares what people have in there cars for spec drags as long as they put on a good show thats all that matters to me... now that final round with the blazer and the stang now that was some hard racing!

SuperShafts
07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
where has ur jeep been

and honestly who cares what people have in there cars for spec drags as long as they put on a good show thats all that matters to me... now that final round with the blazer and the stang now that was some hard racing!

Jeeps outside.... just been real busy with everything but work, except for moving the shop, getting used to a few new things...some aren't exactly fun...

With this latest soap opera...i got nothing to look forward to... the only one that had a chance was Don, i hear that the green lemans is building something new...

I love though how mostly everyone complaining about Dons use of power enhancement are those not racing him....

I want him to use it, what better way... been inches a few times, it'll be like takin candy from a baby without it...

I want nothing to do with taking candy from babies.... unless i set it up that way...

So let the spectators drag as they drive them or have them set up.....for where ever..

As per the n2o laws, i have not seen a law that says you can't use n2o...yeah yeah someone is going to say...you can't have compressed gas cylinders...so then NYS is breaking the law everyday with lpg equipment... lpg is flamable n2o is not.
If they want to soak tires, use blowers, turbo's, n2o, go karts with big motors, 3 wheeled t-rex's......

How come no one *****ed when they paired me up with a sub 4 sec 3 wheeled t-rex... it got spanked anyway lol.... but do you see the point in fair...

If you can go to the booth and write your name, then i say as a competitor lets go... Who cares what you got... I don't

Promote the spec drags with Dons nitrous ingesting trans am vs ______ _________ _____________...

see where that gets you... rather then...

Someone whinned about Dons use of nitrous, and the soccer mom jeep hasn't been seen since to hand out any cheese...

Specatator drags... I didn't see street legal drags, i didn't see dmv/nys laws required drags... There aren't even a hint of specatator drags rules anywhere...

SuperShafts
07-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Ive seen this car as well as a car from "vermont" being towed away from the track and dosent Don's car have racing tires???

Lmao....

Who cares...

What better way to win getting to send a trailered purpose built home...without the win.....

What car was from vermont?....i was thinking of taking a trip to that mass track and give it shot.

Where is the challenge... let them trailer in lol..

What you all need to do in the stands is stop complaining and learn how to bet on the SD's with the fans in the stands....

SuperShafts
07-29-2008, 08:18 PM
how much of a shot do you think he can put in it without blowing it up?

that was the only car that got tech, and it was due to some cry baby.

tech didn't say a thing when they rolled a 400 hp corvette off the trailer with 4 hoosier racing tires.

Not much, probably tops 100...

Was the only car to be, lol in tech

Lmao.... And the lack of plates, registration and inspection...let them run too

SuperShafts
07-29-2008, 08:24 PM
And before it gets too far, I know of certain drivers who recently set up cars specifically for spec. drag to basically say " someone has to beat this guy" and Im not knocking them, Im applauding them. A few of them would give that trophy to anyone who asked for it.
Donny "Boom-Boom" Oliver
FLANDERS

Who are the mystery cars that are set up for spec drag only? ? ?

RPMcGrellis414
07-29-2008, 08:54 PM
I must of had the idea of the spectator drags misinterpreted because i thought it was a run what you brung type of race not a run what you have set up and on a trailer type of race

The Bullfather
07-29-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm putting plates on Chris Turbush charger then... Some cars aren't even registered with the right info that the sticker reads on their windshields!!!
What's fair is fair!

alch96
07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
i gotta agree with you supershaft, i love watching the soccer mom jeep, and beat up firechicken smoke high dollar hemi chargers , bmw's, corvette's. i really don't care how you guys do it. and as for trailering dons car, he's driven there alot more times then he trailered it.

nobandwagonhere
07-30-2008, 12:01 AM

Where have u been? Theres 2 that I know of. I wasnt knocking them so before you even get started on me re-read my post.

SuperShafts
07-30-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm putting plates on Chris Turbush charger then... Some cars aren't even registered with the right info that the sticker reads on their windshields!!!
What's fair is fair!

There you go... now the Jeep has a good reason to come and spank something...

Posted by SuperShafts

Where have u been? Theres 2 that I know of. I wasnt knocking them so before you even get started on me re-read my post.

What 2 cars? I was at the track once this year, and without the Jeep... I didn't see anything that was purpose built...

cerckl'm racing
07-30-2008, 11:23 AM
I've been reading this board for years, but this has prompted me to register and post. I was one of the idiots out there two weeks ago, and as I pulled my 127,00 mile daily driver in behind Cara-cheati in the pits I knew the night was over. What's the fun in that? I too was under the impression that they wanted the 'average Joe' out on the track. I got a little chuckle out of the official when we were about to line up to run. He told me to go to the inside, and I said "Gee, thanks!" Then he said "We're trying to keep it fair!" I also got a laugh this week when Finan announced the Blazer as "So-and-so from Glen Cove." Maybe he borrowed a relative's truck from Vermont? And maybe he had it towed here, as he did from the track? Glad to see some policing going on, but if a guy's got a bottle you can bet he's going to find another place to hide one even if the main one is disconnected. I was glad in a way (I never like to see less cars in general) that the turnout was weak this week, especially as it appeared to me the crowd was a little larger, thinking maybe that might send a little message, if anyone is even listening. Trailered, nitroused, racing-tired cars ruin the spirit of spectator drags as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for my turn on the soapbox.........

cerckl'm racing
07-30-2008, 11:31 AM
After re-reading my post......

"Cara-cheati" may have been a little harsh, especially considering there are really no rules to break - my apologies to Don.

W. J.
07-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Maybe a request should be made to define the rules. We all learned one thing for sure this past Saturday. No nitrous bottles allowed!

I do know that Bob Finan makes a point each time of saying that, "You can enter your street registered car, as long as you have inspection and current registration, seatbelt and a helmet". That says to me, at least, they are looking for regular folks to pull in from the parking lot and race. If you want to 'build ' a race car, Riverhead has 7 regular divisions to choose from. Of course, others may interpret that differently.

leah28racing
07-30-2008, 11:57 AM
there is a rule .it is to be street legal. so you were correct!!!!!!!!!!

RPMcGrellis414
07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
I love though how mostly everyone complaining about Dons use of power enhancement are those not racing him....

there ya go someone that raced against him, its not fair to set your car up for the spec. drags, like W.J. said theres 7 other divisions for that

unowho243
07-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Well there seems to be a lot of CRYING to defend Don like i said i can care less i think its fun either way i took out my V6 t bird last year a few times won a round then lost to the Vette.... Did i care no because i had fun doing it so if people want to build purpose built SD cars **** let them i think they would put on a great show and it would be even funnier to see them stuff em in the wall...

Let them do what they want and Supershafts u seem to have a lot to say for someone who hasnt been out there this year i think there is a few cars out there that can spank your jeep so dont be so cocky to say no one has a chance i think there is a v8 Blazer that would stick it to you and no i don't give a S*** if it has Vermont plates. Bring the jeep for the next race and bring some of your drag racing friends with there street legal cars i know u have a lot of racing friends tell them to come if your so confident that u can beat anyone

leah28racing
07-30-2008, 05:28 PM
why do we have to have raced him? everyone has an opinion, and im gonna stick up for my friend and give my opinion. cheating isn't allowed and it's about time they did something about it!

Supershafts was complaining , the rest of us were defending others that weren't using nos.

W. J.
07-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Cheating isn't allowed and it's about time they did something about it!That says it all in one simple sentence. I agree.

Golf Guy
07-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Wanted to ask something different in this thread. It seems most times the car to the inside wins the one lap "qualifying" races. What if the officials start the outside car 1 car length in front of the inside car? Sort of like they do in track and field. Seems the outside car would have a better chance and sure would make turn one fun!

WEEZER
07-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Who ever thought the spectator drags would be this intense, can't wait for the next one.

W. J.
07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
According to the T-shirts, turn 1 is already fun....

Seriously, spotting the outside guy a car length makes sense, until it's done. I don't think inside-outside choice can be known to give anyone an advantage per se, but putting one car ahead that close almost guarantees both will be going for the same spot entering turn 1. Fun for the fans, maybe, but not for the competitors, who will NOT return in droves to race again after such an experience.

art11758
07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Supershafts was complaining

One thing I can tell you about Supershafts, he likes a challenge. It brings out his best. I can't wait to see how he does it when he does. :lol:

SuperShafts
07-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Let them do what they want and Supershafts u seem to have a lot to say for someone who hasnt been out there this year i think there is a few cars out there that can spank your jeep so dont be so cocky to say no one has a chance i think there is a v8 Blazer that would stick it to you and no i don't give a S*** if it has Vermont plates. Bring the jeep for the next race and bring some of your drag racing friends with there street legal cars i know u have a lot of racing friends tell them to come if your so confident that u can beat anyone

Lol i wasn't out there before and i told Don im gonna bring the jeep and spank you.... lol so i didn't spank him, but i walked thru the field and hey a DD soccer mom jeep lost by inches a few times... I got news for you...if not for the alt and battery dilema last year with the t-rex and even CS's woulda lost that night...sucks running with no power...and even then CS barely beat me...

You think that v8 blazer got a chance...Im a betting man

Well when you think someone got a chance just let me know how much you want to bet, and i'll take your money..

Unlike that only set up crying in the victors circle s-10...i'll spank him both ways...turning right and left...Damn i'll even run a spectator 8..

SuperShafts
07-31-2008, 08:13 PM

To further add to this..........

Keep in mind everytime i came with my Jeep and it's slightly enhanced street set up i barely lost to Don, i was a few inches off because having a locked transfer case and 2 tight LS's and 4 tires, not 2 tires fighting each other in a corner, but 4 tires fighting each other are a problem when trying to maintain any power in a turn....lol and you guy's without severe binding conditions and with the help of JUICE, and RACE TIRES..... lol....barely , and i mean barely beat me....

You ever watch the wide turn i make getting onto the track and hear the case and rears binding.... you can't beat a binding Jeep.. imagine if i brought anything else, you think Don is beating you bad....
Do you think i come out there for any other reason... the s-10 from alaska/vermont/wherever ain't got what it takes.... But if he can become Don or CS...then i'll come for him, i'll eat that purpose built s-10 up so bad, that i'll even drive to vermont and hammer him on his own track... and then you can watch my wife get the kids or come and play ball with us at the park.

ON LAWS
__________________________________________________ ________

Everytime i see someone say N2o is illegal i have searched for that law... Now i have only found a law stating that Hydrocarbon gas is illegal for use in a motor vehicle...ONLY if it is not placarded that said motor vehicle is using it.... So... I am still waiting to see the law prohibiting the use of n2o..

Can those that believe it, find it for me, i have a funny feeling there is a big confusion on this which is the amount of compressed gas a motor vehicle can legally carry or transport...

Now to go on further more....with the stupid cheating senario...
__________________________________________________ ______

To those with the insane idea of cheating let me explain heads up racing to you....since this is what i thrive on

Heads up spec drags means you race WHATEVER lines up next to you...

How in the hell is adding 50hp or 75hp by means of a N2O illegal in a heads up class of anykind...

Let me clarify even further for the crying type that will not understand...

Don has a measly 205hp + 50 = 255hp... or 75hp = 280hp

Lol i'll build him a 450hp motor on muscle...

So now we have 450hp - 280hp = 170hp

You can't beat him now with a miserable 280hp...

What'll you say then when he continues to spank EVERYONE with no bottle and 450hp...

I can easily put a different motor in my jeep, i have 3...

The thing here is if you want to win you gotta get better, and all any of you did was make it harder on yourselves... not me, i enjoy this closed hoods heads up lets see who can back up the talk kinda racing...

If that's cheating then the T-rex should have spotted my 4,400 lb 4 wheel drive soccer mom top heavy Jeep turn 1 and 2.

Every CAR should spot my 4,400 lb 4 wheel drive SUV, top heavy vehicle atleast 3 cars.

Please everyone stop with the BS, and leave the bs rules alone..

Nothing is stopping anyone from adding N2O...

Leave the spec drags alone the people like it as is, we do not want class racing...Leave it as is, heads up as it sits..

IM NOT SCARED.... Lmao i see a lot are though...

SuperShafts
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Who ever thought the spectator drags would be this intense, can't wait for the next one.

From my view it seems to be the thing the fans remember most... I still get people talking about the benz last year and the t-rex...

What else happened...

One thing I can tell you about Supershafts, he likes a challenge. It brings out his best. I can't wait to see how he does it when he does.

DING DING DING DING DING ..........EXACTLY Art.

This is what the rest are missing, if you beat me today.... you better damn well believe it's not gonna happen again exactly the same way...

But the rest think like this....."im going to RR to make a lap and hey maybe i'll win" WTH kinda thinking is that..

Lol i know we need a Non Crying Men/Women Spectator Drag Class

wayne
07-31-2008, 08:25 PM
***** I have never seen a post that long!!

SuperShafts
07-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Long..... Well no matter, they'll never understand because they don't race...

All i know is if someone is running a tired 100k+ mile t/a with a motor making a measely 205 hp and is only adding another 50hp to 75hp SO THEY ENJOY there race at the speed or power level they can get out of it.... just leave it alone...

You know everyone can't afford 450hp motors, so some people are left opting for the $500 n2o kit to help them get there...

Doesn't matter how you make the power, it is not cheating...

Again i ask, where and what article is the law on n2o.

They way this is going the track needs a chassi dyno and handicapping.... what a way to ruin a good thing, leave it as it is and let the track be the equalizer of the races and the vehicles participating...

To the person that cried like a little 8 yr old girl who had her tea party wrecked by her little brother....
Guess what you might not be the driver you thought you were, crying how someone else is getting the win will not help you DRIVE any better.

RPMcGrellis414
08-01-2008, 01:44 AM
To the person that cried like a little 8 yr old girl who had her tea party wrecked by her little brother....
Guess what you might not be the driver you thought you were, crying how someone else is getting the win will not help you DRIVE any better.

MAYBE ITS NOT THE DRIVING THATS THE PROBLEM :mad::mad::mad:

even when the set up car is on the outside he pushes down forcing you on the bumps:mad:

SuperShafts
08-01-2008, 07:32 AM
MAYBE ITS NOT THE DRIVING THATS THE PROBLEM :mad::mad::mad:

even when the set up car is on the outside he pushes down forcing you on the bumps:mad:

That's what your boy CS's did to me, pinching me down, and guess what if not for the alt and batt problem it wouldn't have made a difference and that measly 3 inches he won by would have been the other way by a foot...

Lol hoosiers, not even a street tire version on your boy's lemans and ALL AROUND no less, think about that, hoosiers all around on a purpose built spec drag car and against a DD Jeep with elec issues and binding and he couldn't come anywhere near clearing me, what would happen without the tires.. Gotta be the Driver kid, gotta be
No one *****ed that night either, i got no handicapp, i didn't whine, cry, complain, *****.... I lost in my 120k+ DD with a non charging alt and a dead batt to a purpose built car by 3 inches.... lol

I don't pinch anyone down, so they can't say what you are saying...

That's the difference between Drivers and people that have issues.

The way i look at it, is it makes the win all that much better to do it the hard way, or just be better...

cerckl'm racing
08-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Ohhhh, and I thought it was just me he forced down into the bumps.....I actually had him off the line (for the first few seconds, anyway!) but when I slowed into the corner (and he didn't have to) I was forced low. Anyhow.....no problem here with modified cars - I'd have one if I could - but trailered cars are not what it's supposed to be about. And Super, enough already, would you bring this Jeep out to the track? "I'll spank this, I'll spank that...." Seems like the only thing your spanking is..........

art11758
08-01-2008, 09:37 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOO Snap! Was that the gauntlet I just heard being thrown?? :D

W. J.
08-01-2008, 10:47 AM
I think I heard the same thing Art.

The Bullfather
08-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I was about to post the same thing, a lot of talk and no action! If you can't make it out, cool, but don't talk B.S., you can't back it up if your not there!

FERGBIZZ
08-01-2008, 03:42 PM
see what you started WAYNE!

wayne
08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry.....

unowho243
08-01-2008, 06:14 PM
haha everyone should bring there damn cars next race lets pack the infield out!:cheers:

SuperShafts
08-01-2008, 09:05 PM
And Super, enough already, would you bring this Jeep out to the track? "I'll spank this, I'll spank that...." Seems like the only thing your spanking is..........

I was about to post the same thing, a lot of talk and no action! If you can't make it out, cool, but don't talk B.S., you can't back it up if your not there!

Slow down there ladies, lets remember something...i have only been beat by 2 cars....and BAAARELY..... lol i know what my issue was to fix that binding in the turns....

Talk! lol, i have been out there a few times and watched for years... nothing phased me before and nothing got me worried now... lol i can back it up.... the only chance there is...or was , was Don and him spraying... Don not spraying = nothing for me to do...

Now cerckl racin.... Don't take this the wrong way.... But im only after the big fish... and the only big fish that seem to entice me are 1. red t/a, 1. green slemans and really if anyone else can beat them repeatedly....which doesn't happen....so that's it....

Now like i said, if i didn't have a charging system that quit on me that night and my battery down to 10 volts, it wouldn't have mattered that he pinched me down....the loss would have been the other way

Now onto something that does tickle my interest and has me somewhat excited.....

Pete, if you can talk your charger buddy into YOU driving his charger car, i got $50, My jeep as you see it no added tires i spank that charger also...
Any Contact is a automatic loss...

Lets see what happens in 2 weeks.... Are they back to sundays yet or still saturday nights...
I prefer sunday's.....

SuperShafts
08-01-2008, 09:18 PM
haha everyone should bring there damn cars next race lets pack the infield out!:cheers:

LOl hey i could use a few practice laps.

see what you started WAYNE!

This isn't waynes fault, this is the fault of those who cried and had 1 car singled out and some made up rule and then... people claim cheating...

I call BS to EVERYONE claiming cheating...

Let me explain cheating...

Cheating is Everyone needs to use the same stuff and someone Deliberately doesn't...

Cheating is not a heads up class and one person Chooses to build a motor using muscle to make 350, while another uses juice to make it get up to 350....
So now all that happened is my reason to come out and race was stolen...

Cheating, you people think that malibu is only making 250hp, no one cried foul or spotted Don to race that....

I can find many examples, but in order to explain to some of you i need physical models...

Let me ask this....

If i bring my car and use a sticky street tire is that cheating... both make over 700hp, full bodied steel cars, factory modified suspensions...

Is that cheating?

WEEZER
08-01-2008, 09:43 PM
The only thing that would make this post more intense would to have ALL the partisipants out with their rides so that theres no arm chair quarterbacking and if it ever did happen (probably not, unfortunately) I'd bring plenty of money to bet, just like the good old days at westhampton drag.

maestri fan 1
08-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Now I haven't complained at all on this forum in roughly 4 years, but this is the perfect time. It's spectator drags, run what you brung, what ever you wanna call it. Now from my understanding Don's front tires are Blunderbust tires and his rears are charger tires. Now why have a problem with that, yes that would make it not street legal, but on a more funnier side, he blew over 400 bucks in tires for a spectator drag car. Now as far as trailering there cars to and from the track, it's bs, you drive you "SPECTATOR" drag car to the track, not tow it. But it is what it is and all this complaining won't change anything.

SuperShafts
08-01-2008, 10:16 PM
I have been answered by Barbara & Jim Cromarty..

I had written a letter explaining that a win by me against Don would result in people claiming i beat a beaten driver, and i would know i beat another washed up high mileage DD..

I lightly explained that they should leave it alone and that someone adding 75 or 50 hp to a dead 200+hp is not cheating as can be seen by much higher hp cars attending SD's..

I was given a super short answer of ... "im wrong, people complained". lol they :*-(

It is human nature for people to complain and ***** and :*-(, it just happens and some times for no good reason...

So i have rebutted with much more extensive explanations... I have a funny feeling this is going to go exactly like the phone call...

SuperShafts
08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Now from my understanding Don's front tires are Blunderbust tires and his rears are charger tires.

Actually there a street slick, grooved radials and they are dot approved... In DC's defense he is probably trailering only because the expense of the tires and they do wear quickly, so a few trips to RR and his house would be cutting there life short.

DC is not the only one using a good tire, another is using a strict race tire, not even a dot version...

Now as far as trailering there cars to and from the track, it's bs, you drive you "SPECTATOR" drag car to the track, not tow it. But it is what it is and all this complaining won't change anything.

I'll give the s-10 a pass with the trailer, supposedly he has to drive a long way and just in case he breaks something he can get home...

As for us locals, i got a lot of friends with tow companies that'll get you home if you break something...

SuperShafts
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
The only thing that would make this post more intense would to have ALL the partisipants out with their rides so that theres no arm chair quarterbacking and if it ever did happen (probably not, unfortunately) I'd bring plenty of money to bet, just like the good old days at westhampton drag.

Lol yeah we need a betting section at RR.... Like WH and E-T 1st sect at the line... Those were the days even with small $2 bets we could walk outta there with hundreds..

Maybe turn 1 can also host the betting section?

The Bullfather
08-01-2008, 11:22 PM
How many Spector drag races were you in with the jeep last year? You don't seem to get the joke of using Bubs Charger. You need to take a chill pill with all these posts on this subject. Half the posts are from you responding, PM someone, works just as well!

W. J.
08-02-2008, 08:58 AM
...and the pot calls the kettle black.

While I don't necessarily agree with all of it, Super has made some good points here on this subject, as others also have, and not responding publicly would detract from that.

Something needs to be spelled out as far as Spec. Drags rules are concerned, and I'm pretty sure this thread may just inspire that.

art11758
08-02-2008, 08:59 AM
PM's? Rules?? Naaaaaah. That's no fun. You see how many views this thread is getting?? Attraction/promotion......it's all good. I might even bring out my rusty ol' Buick next time. :D

cerckl'm racing
08-02-2008, 10:12 AM
How 'bout "Grand Spectator Drags?"

"Tires must be purchased the night of the race at the track........"

SuperShafts
08-02-2008, 10:55 AM
How many Spector drag races were you in with the jeep last year? You don't seem to get the joke of using Bubs Charger. You need to take a chill pill with all these posts on this subject. Half the posts are from you responding, PM someone, works just as well!

Lol why does everyone assume im all worked up, i don't care if your joking or not joking, i will not turn down racing your boy's charger car, i got nothing to worry about... what if i lose in my Jeep against a race car....

lol the joke here is what if you lose in a race car..

I'll bet the track gets more people to attend that race then anyother.

I do not believe in hiding half the conversation.

You don't get the joke of all of this nonsense, apparently i gotta spell it out...

1. using whatever part you need on a vehicle in spectator drags....is not cheating.

2. There is no difference in someone putting in a 500 hp motor in there car or using a 50 hp, 75 hp or 100 hp additional n2o system.

3. Either way you do it, that vehicle now is faster and has more power

4. The problem with using n2o over building a motor is, the 500 hp motor will always make 500 hp, the car using n2o will run out of n2o slowly and everytime it is used it is not making the same power....the bottles aren't limitless, they only last a short time...
The bottle won't last forever, so if you start the race with a 50 hp hit, by the end that 50 hp hit is down 10 hp.

So seeing that Spectator drags are a heads up class, of which i am familar with running, sometimes your outclassed, sometimes your out gunned, sometimes your out spent....
Sometimes none of that matters and it comes down to set up and ability...

So then that brings me back to the Joke....

Also talk is what gets people to do something in racing, talk about certain competitors or certain mixed class grudge racing is more of what people want to hear and then actually see...

A race doesn't happen unless someone opens there mouth, you can thank DC for doing it with me or the Jeep really might never had come out....and i would still watch from the stands saying....hey how funny would it be if i went out there with the jeep and spanked them...
It was pretty funny a few times...

So it is talk that makes the show..

I find it funny when people say cheating....

Cheating is putting a 900 lb T-rex next to a 4,400 lb jeep with no handicap

Cheating is entering a bike in a car class, yes a t-rex is classified as a bike

Cheat if you need to.... It's a spectator class that is for fun, and gets some buzz going... It is not a sanctioned class and any rules should be limited to some realistic rule or 2 or 3
... It is a class that can draw many fans to watch if done right...

If i had the say the rules would be, registered and insured, no all out race tires...helmet required and seat belts minimum

p.s. how come know one complained about other vehicles using race tires in this thread? and goofed on purpose built cars in SD?

Art i'll look for you tonight at the spot...

SuperShafts
08-02-2008, 10:56 AM
How 'bout "Grand Spectator Drags?"

"Tires must be purchased the night of the race at the track........"

I would rather a spectator call out drag....

SuperShafts
08-02-2008, 11:22 AM
How many Spector drag races were you in with the jeep last year?

I was out 4 times last year, and missed the very last SD by a few minutes....
I was knocked out 3x by DC and 1x by CS

And missed another Sat night due to them running early... WJ was wittness to that night...

Running on Sat nights are much harder to make for me also with other things going on involving saturday nights...